Mister_Man
Awesome_Sponge_Turtle

White Privilege Exists

Mister_Man

Mister_Man

Con

Hi everybody, your friendly neighbourhood Mister_Man here.

BrianTheLiberal and I have been having some friendly "good" back-and-fourths in comments and polls about white privilege, so I'd appreciate it if he would accept this. However if anyone else chooses to show how white privilege actually exists, I'd love to talk!

White privilege is the idea that white people have it easier than every other race (mostly in America, but let's use Canada too) simply because they're white. Apparently they have better job opportunities and are treated better simply due to their skin colour and nothing more.

So before anyone accepts this debate, please understand what you're debating for. White privilege does not mean people cross the street when a black guy dressed in all red is walking toward you staring you down. That's called common sense.

For the record, I'm not trying to imply anything racist or derogatory or disrespectful to any race, or imply one race is better than another. I'm simply wanting to have a debate on whether or not white privilege exists.

White privilege also has nothing to do with the actions of other races or actions of whites. Logical decisions based on the actions (not skin colour) of a race does not imply someone favours or doesn't favour that race.

Anyway I don't want to get too in to this, whoever I'm up against will be able to go first and provide example or reasons as to why they believe white privilege exists.

Rules

No forfeitures. Seriously. I'll find you.

THANKS, GOOD LUCK!

Awesome_Sponge_Turtle

Pro

While it may not be obvious white people do have more privileges than minorities, just think about white people are the majority the rest are minorities. Though don't get me wrong white people can experience racism, just saying that white people can't experience racism is racist within itself. But to get back on topic there have been studies that have shown that white people are more likely to get jobs than minorities.
Mister_Man

Con

Thanks, Spongey Turtle.

I guess a short debate will be okay too, lol.

Majority/minority doesn't matter. If there are 99 white people and 1 black person, there wouldn't be any privilege. Having more of something does not make anything easier or harder or change much of anything. Whites making up a majority of the population is irrelevant if it does not influence anything. Sheer numbers do not create a privilege.

I never said whites don't experience racism. I do and I have multiple times, as well as people from other ethnic backgrounds that I know. However you're right that's kind of off-topic, and I guess we can both agree whites don't have any privileges when it comes to racism, as people are racist toward every race.

I'd like to see these studies showing whites are "more likely" to get jobs over minorities. Please keep in mind that current stats have nothing to do with likelihood of getting a job. If 100 white people and 100 Asian people apply for a job and it just happens that 90% of whites are qualified and only 30% of the Asians are qualified, does it mean white people as a whole are more likely to be hired? No, it simply means the group of people that were qualified for the job were mostly white. Nothing to do with likelihood of getting a job. Same goes for imprisonment and education. Are black people more likely to go to prison because blacks make up the majority of prison populations? No, it's up to the individual person committing the crime.

So to briefly summarize; Sheer numbers do not create a privilege. Whites are victims of racism too. And likelihood has nothing to do with current statistics.

Thanks, hopefully we can get the ball rolling. I don't feel it's necessary to bring up any of my own arguments yet, as I feel simply refuting yours is doing this debate justice.
Awesome_Sponge_Turtle

Pro

Awesome_Sponge_Turtle forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Con

Surprise, surprise. Etending my arguments and will be reposting this debate. I guess I'll make it impossible to accept, or only available for BrianTheLiberal, buddy ;) or YaHey or whoever else is actually willing to have a full on debate about the existence of this.

Thanks, Sponge, for trying. If you can come back I'd appreciate it.
Awesome_Sponge_Turtle

Pro

Mister_Man

Con

Considering my good ol' pal here has probably been one of the lucky four to get the plane ticket to Mars, I shall briefly say that he has not explained how white privilege exists, so I'd appreciate it if I can grab some brownie points from you guys.

I'll also be reposting this and chosing who can accept. BrianTheLiberal, that's you. Come on.
Awesome_Sponge_Turtle

Pro

Mister_Man

Con

Well, thanks for the debate. Have a good day :)

Anyone who wishes to debate me on the existence of white privilege, I'd be more than happy to talk to you to make sure you're serious, and I'd most likely accept.

Baibai
Awesome_Sponge_Turtle

Pro

Posted by Mister_Man 1 year ago
Mister_Man
LOL Brian. Call him a coward for stating facts, then call him a pathetic loser. Cry more, the only one who looks like a complete arrogant, disrespectful loser is you.
Posted by briantheliberal 1 year ago
briantheliberal
Funny how you cowardly talk about me when I'm not around Varrack. I already told you why I don't debate, I am not obligated to debate with anyone if I don't want to. You're a pathetic loser.
Posted by Varrack 1 year ago
Varrack
I know. I've already challenged him to a debate but all he does is like to pick fights with people that disagree with him. I just put him on auto-ignore nowadays.
Posted by Mister_Man 1 year ago
Mister_Man
I don't know what the point of calling everyone out is if he isn't going to do anything about it. Same with Stefy. "Let's join a debating site and obviously be against people but not debate it."
Posted by Varrack 1 year ago
Varrack
Brian refuses to debate at all, so don't waste your time.
Posted by NoMagic 1 year ago
NoMagic
Not really in the mood to debate this subject, but there have been studies that when a black person makes a phone call concerning employment vs a white person making the exact same call, having the exact same resume, (the interviewer can tell race from voice), the white person gets more call backs. That seems like white privilege to me.
Vote Placed by Lee001 1 year ago
Lee001
Mister_ManAwesome_Sponge_TurtleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Good job Con for keeping the debate interesting even though Pro FF. Points go to Con since he actually made a good argument. No points for Pro due to FF