thesouthwillrise
gangsta_krushnov

White Southerners are a nation.

thesouthwillrise

thesouthwillrise

Pro

This will be my second attempt for this debate, since my previous opponent gave no argument. Thank you in advance to my opponent, and I hope that this debate will be polite and respectful. I just want to remind anyone that everyone has a right to their own opinions.

I will argue that white southerners are a nation. The word "nation" for this debate will be used in it's both historical and Biblical definition: "A large group of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history". Nation can also refer to "a people, race, or tribe; those having the same descent, language, and history." http://en.wikipedia.org......

The second definition includes the word "race", which white is one. White southerners, or southrons, have a common language: English, a common culture: Southern culture, a common ethnicity: White (or, if you want to get specific, people from Western Europe), so therefore a common decent, and a common history, such as the civil war.

So White, European, English-speaking Southerners, are a nation.

The League of The South, a Southern Nationalist organization, has information further explaining what the southern nation is. I invite my opponent, or anyone, to check it out. Yes, I will admit that the SPLC considers this a hate group, but at least give it a chance before judging it.

Furthermore, I am not coming from any position of bigotry or hatred towards any group of people, I am simply stating the fact that white southerners are a nation.

Thank you to my opponent in advance.
gangsta_krushnov

Con

i beleive that we are all equal and that you are a racist against my people. you shouldnt talk about this uneasy subject because you will get jumped the second someone sees you carrying the confederate flag. i am concerned for you safety. please stop this nonsense racist.
thesouthwillrise

Pro

I'm sorry, did I say that White southerners were superior? No, I did not. So I can not be racist, so your "argument" is invalid. Try again.
gangsta_krushnov

Con

your profile pic is the confederate flag, and you want white southerners to be a separate from other people who live in the south. that is racist, and if not, thenit is very very close
thesouthwillrise

Pro

Well sadly, I will have to make a third attempt at this debate.

Again, did I say that I want white people to be seperate from otheer racial groups? No, I did not, so, once again, your "argument" (calling me racist) is invalid. Try again.
gangsta_krushnov

Con

you are invalid. the confederate is invalid. everything you have stated in past arguements are invalid. stop trying to tell me that you are not trying to separate the races in the US, because you are. and change your profile pic, its a=offensive to a lot of people.
thesouthwillrise

Pro

Your grammar........

Well you know what? The US federal empire conquered my people, so the US flag is offensive to me! What do you have to say about that?

And if I did want to separate the races, I wouldn't be afraid to tell you!
gangsta_krushnov

Con

they conquered you because your people were wrong. you southerners had slavery, which is one of the most wrong things in the world. so yea. my grammar does matter. i win. no exceptions. too bad for you.
Posted by gangsta_krushnov 2 years ago
gangsta_krushnov
your definition of nation is wrong. you make joke right? this cant be serious. you want to separate races?
Posted by thesouthwillrise 2 years ago
thesouthwillrise
There is no such thing as American culture, and it's because America is so diverse that it can't be a nation. You have to be related to other members of your nation to be part of that nation. Blacks are not related to Whites aside that were human.
Posted by 2Sense 2 years ago
2Sense
This ties into your definition of "nation" as well. The United States has an overlap of many different cultures and subcultures, but they are all blanketed under the holism of American culture. Be you from the South, North, East or West, our society has a shared perception of "Americanism" and the principles and mindset that goes into Americanism. American society as a whole differs from other societies across the globe. We are autonomous and unique, and that's what makes us a nation.
Posted by 2Sense 2 years ago
2Sense
you're
Posted by 2Sense 2 years ago
2Sense
What your basically saying is that culture = nation.

If that were the case then all cultures in this country would be eligible to start their own nations.

The qualifying aspect of a 'nation' is that it is built upon the combination of varying cultures and subcultures. United States has a more obvious structure that demonstrates this, but this combination exists through all nations throughout the world. The relationship between cultures and groups to form an autonomous society are the essentials behind a nation.
Posted by gangsta_krushnov 2 years ago
gangsta_krushnov
thats ok i guess......
Posted by gangsta_krushnov 2 years ago
gangsta_krushnov
full blown communist eh?
Posted by gangsta_krushnov 2 years ago
gangsta_krushnov
people have the right to intermarriage so that really stinks for you
Posted by Kc1999 2 years ago
Kc1999
I'm not a liberal. Perhaps that's the point I was trying to make :P

I support such causes as yours though.
Posted by thesouthwillrise 2 years ago
thesouthwillrise
Well, your not as bad as gangsta. I can actually see where liberals are coming from, I used to be a full blown communist until I did a lot of research and I realized that it just doesn't work.
Vote Placed by Rhodesia79 2 years ago
Rhodesia79
thesouthwillrisegangsta_krushnovTied
Reasons for voting decision: I would have been more open minded if Con had taken this debate more seriously like Pro did, but he was to ignorant to even debate it. Hopefully a third attempt will be an actual debate.
Vote Placed by SebUK 2 years ago
SebUK
thesouthwillrisegangsta_krushnovTied
Reasons for voting decision: Gangsta Krushnov has shown that he is not capable enough of debating thesouthwillrise , he has wrongfully accused thesouthwillrise of being a racist and his grammar was terrible .
Vote Placed by Kc1999 2 years ago
Kc1999
thesouthwillrisegangsta_krushnovTied
Reasons for voting decision: Firstly, no side at all introduced any arguments at all, well con introduced arguments that attacked the opponents prof. pic. Amazing thing to do in a debate. Con's spelling was atrocious. Pro defended himself, but not his BoP. Nevertheless, my points for conduct and s and g goes to pro.