thesouthwillrise
iLaughWeird

White southerners are a nation.

thesouthwillrise

thesouthwillrise

Pro

I will argue that white southerners are a nation. The word "nation" for this debate will be used in it's both historical and Biblical definition: "A large group of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history". Nation can also refer to "a people, race, or tribe; those having the same descent, language, and history." http://en.wikipedia.org...

The second definition includes the word "race", which white is one. White southerners, or southrons, have a common language: English, a common culture: Southern culture, a common ethnicity: White (or, if you want to get specific, people from Western Europe), so therefore a common decent, and a common history, such as the civil war.

So White, European, English-speaking Southerners, are a nation.

The League of The South, a Southern Nationalist organization, has information further explaining what the southern nation is. I invite my opponent, or anyone, to check it out.

Furthermore, I am not coming from any position of bigotry or hatred towards any group of people, I am simply stating the fact that white southerners are a nation.

Thank you to my opponent in advance.

iLaughWeird

Con

Im asuming that the man for this argument is a whit male in his late 30s or early 40s. I am also asuming that your parents had you grow up in an isolated environment where they forced theyre opinion on you. All American people are equal despite race, and I think you should acept that.
thesouthwillrise

Pro

Actually, I am in my late 20s, and I grew up in an extremely liberal environment. The American people do not fit the definition of nation, being that many different nations are in America, such as southerners, Mexicans, new englanders, Canadians, cascadians, Californians, and others. The reason I put Canadians in there was because I am talking about America not the empire that is the United States. You have two more chances for putting forth an argument.
iLaughWeird

Con

iLaughWeird forfeited this round.
thesouthwillrise

Pro

You have one more chance to post any sort of argument.
iLaughWeird

Con

iLaughWeird forfeited this round.
Posted by thesouthwillrise 3 years ago
thesouthwillrise
Well, I don't believe that. You can't, ( or shouldn't), judge a book by its cover.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
The League of the South is a hate group, according to the SPC
Posted by thesouthwillrise 3 years ago
thesouthwillrise
And I said that I would use the traditional, historical, and biblical definition.
Posted by thesouthwillrise 3 years ago
thesouthwillrise
You do not have to possess territory to be a nation. There is an encyclopaedia for stateless nations, southerners being one of them. And in America, you're right, many nations are in the traditional area that southerners live in such as black southerners, native people, and Mexicans.
Posted by hillkill65 3 years ago
hillkill65
you cannot be a nation for 3 reasons 1. full definition of nation- "a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory."
you do not inhabit a particular country alone. you inhabit it with people with exact same everything as you except your location in that country. 2 definition of Country- "a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory." again you have that but you share it with people who are the exact same as you except their location within the country. 3. definition of aggregate- "(of a group of species) comprising several very similar species formerly regarded as a single species." now contrary to what you may think you are not a single species in your own. again you are the same species as everyone who inhabits the country. thank you.
Posted by hillkill65 3 years ago
hillkill65
I would like to debate this with you. I believe I can show you how you can not and are not a nation. But it is not allowing me to accept
Vote Placed by Iamaconfederate 3 years ago
Iamaconfederate
thesouthwillriseiLaughWeirdTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con FF
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 3 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
thesouthwillriseiLaughWeirdTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was not much of a debate but as debates go pro is the only one who actually tried to debate while the con just profiled.