Regaladia
andyh20

Who Am I? Who are you? [Poetry Challenge]

Regaladia

Regaladia

Con

Hello onlookers, today I feel like doing something fun. I challenge anyone to write two poetic sections, one for each question. You would be pro, and exalt your peotic work to the audience. I am con, I am to exalt my own work and denounce yours. Don't forget to share the meaning of each entry. I have only 3 rules my contender must follow:

1#: Contender can only exalt your work, and can't denouce mine. (This will challenge you by subtracting your attacking capabilities. You must rely on your poetic skills to stand on their own.)

2#: Contender must have min. of 3, and a max. of 6 meanings for each section.

3#: Contender should prepare to adapt to new poetic topics introduced in the next 2 rounds.

For this round, I welcome my future contender and the audience. Next round will use the current topic for the poetic entries. Good luck to my future contender. Enjoy the challenge my future onlookers!
andyh20

Pro

Since this round is for welcoming, I would like to thank my challenger and ask questions.

1.Am I allowed to write any poem i want
Regaladia

Con

Who are you?
I guess this is goodbye...
...but I wish it not so...yet I must go......to find myself I think...do I even know?...no...no...
...I will go, I will go...I wonder if you would stay...no...I guess you won't...I am nothing to your noble soul...
...farewell old friend, I must seek in the distance...I see a man waiting for me in the distance...I love him so...so very much...very much so...
...it was a pleasure to have known you my dear friend...but...time has change...I have to let you go...you must let go dear friend...for we are nothing but each other's shadow...go...must go...I go...love you so...

Who am I?
Let me wonder in my own thoughts. An abyss full of shelves, I can see no end.
I wonder which one has a book about me. I want to read my story, wondering if I was free.
"Free from what?" my mind bellowed inside. I guess free from reality, as I bit down on cyanide. It did not kill me, but paralyzed reality. I saw it all in a flash.
My dreams, my goals, and my hopes"such a picture that I smashed. I realized now that death was bad, and that life was an unfixable error. Life felt horrible, but death felt nothing. I rather feel something, for that means I have something. My conscious is who I am...

Who are you? Meanings:
1. A friend the speaker knew for a long time, and loved dearly. Time was greatly shared between the two. However, the speaker urgently has to go, for the speaker's lover needs her now. Sadness erupts, but love lingers.
2. It could mean the love of an inanimate object, like an old house. The speaker could be reliving such memories in the old house, but eventually has to move on. The speaker needs to leave in order to grow (gain new memories).
3. I could suggest that how the poem started, the speaker feels useless to someone. Perhaps the speaker has had a relationship in deep water. Eventually the speaker must leave to find love elsewhere, otherwise she might starve herself and her friend of true happiness.

Who am I? Meanings:
1. The speaker is a lost soul. The speaker feels that they are falling into a darkness, but can't find answers to some form of truth. The speaker gives up and attempts suicide, but realizes soon after that it wasn't worth it. The speaker chooses to live and accepts the fact that life is flawed.
2. The speaker ended up in a situation of many choices. The speaker is trying to find the right choice, but ends up choosing a bad one. Speaker feels ashame and hides herself from the world. Eventually she reveals herself again, and try to seek better choices in a given situation.
3. The speaker is a young teen girl that goes to a library. She doesn't know what type of book to read, yet she has to find a specific one. She looks through many books that bore her, then she finds an exciting one. As she reads it, it reinvigorates her. She takes it home and reads it at night. Chapter by chapter, she gets sadden until the book ends on a sad note. She feels like happiness is a lie in reality.
andyh20

Pro

andyh20 forfeited this round.
Regaladia

Con

This debate was meant to be fun, but unfortunately my opponent seems to have lost interest quickly. I hope my opponent returns and at least attempt this challenge. I just don't understand why you would accept this challenge, and not show up. Sorry audience for this fallible debate. I still plan to write something poetic in the last round. My contender, I hope to see something from you soon.
andyh20

Pro

andyh20 forfeited this round.
Regaladia

Con

A day in the life of youth
My eyes begin to see a hazy image. My nose breathes in exotic sensations. My ears hear unknown sounds. I can feel physically and emotionally.
I’m afraid, for I know not where or who I am. Time passes, my belly grumbles…what could that mean? Time passes; I feel empty…why is that? Time passes, I feel happy…is this permanent?
Now I am older, now I know what it’s like to be a youth. I was innocent…I was innocent! It was gods’ miraculous design that I will be made this way. Although I knew not my destiny in youth, god had it set for me all along. A day in the life of youth is like a day with god.

Meaning 1#: A child is a precious gift, and our memories of our young selves & our kids should not be forgotten.
Meaning 2#: Teachers of the uneducated will be remembered as a hero.
Meaning 3#: God is never far from us, but he seems like it the more we grow. Cherish the Creator and all he has given us.
andyh20

Pro

andyh20 forfeited this round.
Posted by Regaladia 2 years ago
Regaladia
Andyh20, you can write any poem you want, so long as it pertains to the topic. If you wish to include sections of a poem from others, please reference it and use mildly. Remember, this is about you and how you can relate to the topic, good luck.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
Regaladiaandyh20Tied
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Regaladiaandyh20Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never made a poem :(