Who Would Make a Better Husband for YYW

Who, between Bsh1 and Thett3, would make a better husband for YYW.

1. Thett3 stipulates that he is, in fact, a heterosexual
2. No new arguments in each debater's final speech
3. BOP: Thett3 must argue he'd make the better hubby; I must argue that I would make the better spouse
4. We will assume, for the purposes of this debate, that this is a legally recognized marriage (not common law, not civil union or other partnership)
5. ONLY YYW can vote; all other votes are vote bombs
6. Violation or non-acceptance of any of the R1 rules or setup constitutes a 7-point loss

1. Con presents his arguments
2. Pro presents arguments; Con rebuttal
3. Pro Rebuttal; Con's closing remarks
4. Pro's closing remarks

Thanks... advance to Thett3 and to YYW, without whom this awesomeness would not be a reality.

I would wish my opponent luck, but my burning desire for YYW outweighs any desire for civility.

C1: Gay marriage and justice.

YYW is picking between two worlds--one where he's in a marriage with myself, and one where he's married to Bsh. Bsh is from Maryland, a state where gay marriage is already legal. I hail from the great state of Texas, which famed statician Nate Silver predicted would be the 7th to last state to support a popular initiative to gay marriage[1]. Thus if gay marriage is legal in Texas (neg world), it's more than likely legal in all but 7 states in the country if not nationwide. Compare this to the Aff world, where a marriage between the two is possible in the status quo. Thus YYW has a moral obligation and a vested interest in negating.

C2: Voting paradigms

If YYW decides to ignore the voting paradigm where he selects from the aff vs neg world, there's only one other fair way to vote. The great debater and judge, LassiezFaire, popularized the voting paradigm of determining the winner based off pictures/names in the following RFD[2]:

"I voted based on names/avatars. Grape is a pretty good name--not great, but alright. But izbo10? What a stupid name. Grape's picture is also much better. An adorable kangaroo (I think?) vs. some boring default avatar? No contest, Grape wins this too. Overall, clear victory for Grape, 7-0."

Clearly this is the only other fair way to judge the round and will lead to a strong negative ballot. My picture is of an adorable cat being crowned king by cherubs. It seamlessly blends blasphemy, hilarity, royalty, and absurdity into a stunning visual image. YYW has gone so far as to say on my wall that he "likes it"[3]. Bsh on the other hand has a picture of a sassy looking black woman smiling condescendingly. Since YYW is a gay man he has no interest in women, and loves cats, my avatar is clearly superior. As for names, this one is obvious. My name is mysterious (a very attractive trait) that people have speculated on for literally years. It can be pronounced in many different ways, "thett" or "the tee tee" or "thetty" along with a plethora of other ways that provide a linguistic orgy of pleasure. Bsh on the other hand cannot be pronounced by even the most liberal interpretations of the English language. Just imagine their wedding, "Do you, YYW, take....I can't pronounce you take this guy as your husband?". His name alone would ruin the wedding, and it's hard to imagine a less sexually appealing name than one you can't pronounce. Thett on the other hand practically sounds like a sex noise. It's extremely appealing.

Moreover my name ends in 3. Bsh's ends in 1. 3 > 1. QED.

C3: I am better

A. Mystical godlike powers

I will use my classical proof of godlike powers. As you read this sentence you will feel an itch somewhere on your body, I caused it. If you are still not convinced, as you read *this* sentence you will think of your mother. I planted her image in your mind.

Clearly I have powers that Bsh does not. Imagine the array of carnal pleasures I can provide to my husband with using my mystical powers. Bsh on the other hand is just your ordinary guy, and a white one at that. I may be a heterosexual, but with my mystical powers I can satisfy my partner much more than Bsh could.

B. I am hot

Maybe Bsh is hot. We simply don't know. We do, however, have incredibly accurate testimony about how I look from when Royalpaladin met me, describing me as such[4]: "His sandy blonde hair was barely visible under a large and opulent crown, and he was wearing purple kingly robes. His eyes were as ferocious as the ocean and looked as if they could pierce you with but a glance, and they were topped with eyelashes so perfect that they looked like a butterflies wings. He was built like an NFL fullback, except even stronger and was 6 foot 3." The testimony continued to describe me as "beautiful". I would make a fantastic trophy husband. Anyone who knows me knows how sexually appealing I am. The fact is, we simply don't know what Bsh looks like, and YYW can't take the risk of marrying him.

C. Slytherin

YYW is the most Slytherin son of a bitch I've ever met. I am, somewhat, one as well. As the sorting hat once said to Harry Potter "Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness". Imagine what two of us together could do! I sense a first gentleman named Thett or YYW in the White House soon enough. Bsh on the other hand is one of those fancy book larnin' Ravenclaws. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it lacks the ambition and sexiness Slytherin has. I am sure my opponent will bring up old test results showing YYW to be a nonslytherin, but we all know in our hearts where he really belongs.

D. I've been around longer

YYW's feelings for Bsh are just a passing fancy and he will come to his senses soon. He cannot risk marriage to someone who's been on DDO barely half a year. In the name of kindness I will refrain from naming names, but YYW knows well that there have been DDO members that were well liked and popular like Bsh at this stage in their DDO career, who have turned out to be completely insane. Unless YYW wants to be spending all of his health insurance deductibles on mental health services, he should marry me as the safe option.

C4: History

YYW, I am sure, wants to make his mark on history. If he marries Bsh their political careers, should they even have any, will be in the Democratic Party. Gay people in the Democratic Party can be summed up as "been there, done that". I can swing YYW to the Republican party and we can change it for the better, together. We can be the first Republican power couple. We will be referenced in countless Wikipedia articles. Think about that YYW my love.

C5: Religion

Bsh is a papist. I am a protestant, just like YYW. If he wants to keep his WASP identity he surely can't have one of those non traditional, mixed religion marriages! I also come from a denomination that is much more accepting of homosexuality than the Catholic Church is.

That's enough for now. I turn it over to my opponent.

Also, my name ends with a 3, a needed component in my expression of my feelings to YYW <3.

A personal message to Thett (see the first video).

I also have a message for my beloved, YYW (see the second video).

I will analyze firstly what makes a successful relationship, and then why YYW and I would (obviously) be more successful than YYW and Thett3. Specifically, I will look at three key things: (1) Sex, (2) Personality, and (3) Interests. I will then rebut Con's highly fallacious case, but will expand on my points in the next round.

Before I continue, however, I must point out that due to my utter disdain for Thett3, I cannot bear to type his name. I shall henceforth refer to him only as "Texan."

Romantic relationships cannot escape the need for sex. Couples that don't enjoy or engage in sex will usually fail, and I think, knowing YYW as I do (which is clearly much better than Texan) that he would definitely not enjoy a marriage with poor sexual prospects.

Indeed, "a good sex life is an important part of an individual's overall health...People who have a good sex life feel better [mentally and physically]." [1] " Sex is an integral part of any marriage because it ensures the healthy expression of love between two people who plan on being together for the rest of their lives." [2]

So, we have established that sex is important to any successful relationship or marriage. The next logical question is "what makes good sex?" Askmen had some answers [3], and, as a gay man, I would say that many of these traits also apply in homosexual relationships. These qualities include: cleanliness, giving great orals, trying new things, and being physically appealing.

Frankly, gay men--at least in my experience--are far cleaner (and better dressed) than straight men. I know that applies to me. There is no way in hell that any straight guy is going to spend what I spend or take the time I take to look good. As far as orals are concerned, I doubt the Texan has had any man-to-man experience on this. Practice makes perfect, and I have had a lot more practice ;) Trying new things--really, I doubt the Texan would want to do half the stuff I would love to try (or have tried.) I am much more likely to be adventurous in the bedroom, and YYW would be free many different ways.

As far as physical appearance go, YYW knows what I look like, and it fits his type fairly well. I also know what he looks like, and...I'm going to...have to change the topic...before my libido goes through the roof...

I think it is crucial to remind everyone that the Texan is HETEROSEXUAL. While this should be fairly straightforward, it is defined for clarity's sake as "sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex." [4] Therefore, by stipulating that he is heterosexual, the Texan acknowledges that he CANNOT be attracted to the great YYW. I don't think YYW wants to be married to someone who isn't going to want or enjoy him; that could be like humping a piece of furniture--the Texan would be completely uninterested. Consider that most adults have sex 61 times a year--the Texan would want a lot less than that, but I'd certainly be fine with doing more ;) [1]

The Texan is also way too short to fit YYW's standards, as he expressed them to me. I fit within his height preferences, build preferences, and so on.

What type of personalities make good long-term matches? Do opposites attract, or do bird of a feather really make the best couples?

A recent study provides some insight. "Researchers say those results dispute the 'opposites attract' rule and suggest that humans use a 'likes attract' rule when finding a long-term mate." [5] The Texan even seems to concur with this when he suggests that two Slytherins (Houses are based largely on personality) would make better partners than, say, a Slytherin and a Ravenclaw.

On this personality test, both YYW and I got the same result: Dumbledore. [6]
On this personality test, we both got the same result: Bree. [7]
On this political beliefs test, we both got the exact same result as well. [8]

For that last one, there tends to be a high correlation between personality and political ideology. [9] So, clearly, YYW and I have similar personalities which means that we'd be more likely coexist and get along better.

Sharing interests is important in any marriage. Clearly, if you're going to spend your lives together, you need things that you want to do with one another.

YYW and I share many interests, not the least of which is debate. We're both political junkies, Harry Potter fans, philosophy enthusiasts, sesquipedalian writers, Lorde and Daft Punk listeners, foodies, and more. These shared interests would help us find common ground in our very successful marriage.

Con is assuming that if he and YYW marry, Texas will allow gay marriage. This is wrong because they could easily marry out of state.

Moreover, the source the Texan is citing was written before the Supreme Court case striking down DOMA, which has helped form the basis of numerous successful legal challenges to gay marriage bans. The results of this court case have helped speed up the movement towards marriage equality, including in Texas, where a judge recently struck down the state's ban on marriage equality. [10] Moreover, Con's article is focused not on court cases, but on ballot initiatives--so it fails to take into account the full panoply of options available to push for gay marriage.

Finally, Con's article states, "It’s also possible, of course, that the Supreme Court decision could somehow kick-start public support for same-sex marriage, causing it to accelerate faster, or that the recent spate of Democratic and Republican politicians coming out in favor of it could do so. But one no longer needs to make optimistic assumptions to conclude that same-sex marriage supporters will probably soon constitute a national majority." This highlights that marriage equality is likely to happen soon anyway, so YYW should choose his happiness over advancing the Rainbow Revolution.

A cat with a bunch of idiotic cherubs? Pssshhh. YYW's is a big, fluffy dog person, and should vote down the cat on principle.

Besides, Gunian (Whoopi Goldberg) is pretty awesome. Anyone who hates Billy O'Reilly that much, and can tell some pretty damn funny jokes, is kick-a$$ enough to vote for. Her smile is also pretty snide, and YYW loves making snide remarks, so he should totally pick my profile picture.

As for names, this is clear Pro ballot. My name is easily pronounced as "B-S-H-One" or, alternatively, as "bish" or "bash." The Texan points out that having multiple pronunciations is beneficial--well, this is clearly non-unique offense. Also, Con's point that my name in unpronounceable is moot, as I just illustrated.

1 is also indicative of first place, or the highest seed, etc. Clearly, first place trumps 3rd place. Q.E.D.

Finally, I don't know why YYW would ever vote on a paradigm put forth by someone names LaissezFaire. Clearly, YYW straddles the line between a liberal and a statist, and would reject, prime facie, such an idea as libertarian claptrap.

A. God-like Powers

In fact, the Texan is just a petty magician using low-down mind tricks to win. I can also do much of that. For example, as you read this sentence, you will think of a cat. You will now think of cherubs. You will now envisage them burning in a pit of fire. Viola, I too have these powers.

What the Texan does not realize is that I am God. I revealed my true nature to the Muppets--as evidence, I submit that the Muppets, in a real-life documentary, identified me as God. [11]

Also, I am an El-Aurian, and as such have mystical abilities such as foresight, that will make me even more powerful than the Texan! [12]

B. Hotness

I already addressed this. Moreover, everyone knows Royal and the Texan are lovers, and she is naturally motivated to make him sound better than he really is. Clearly, she is a biased source, and totally untrustworthy.

C. Slytherin

YYW is a Gryffendor! He should reject Slytherin completely! There has never been a successful relationship between Slytherin and Gryffendor, but there has been Ravenclaw and Gryffendor (e.g. Luna and Nevil.) As a Ravenclaw, I am the better choice.

Also, this shows how little about YYW the Texan really knows!

D. Older

Con and YYW have only just begun talking, and so he has no advantage over me in the length of his relationship with YYW. [13] Moreover, what Con is saying is that he's old and stale...DDO's history.

I don't think YYW wants to be a Republican, nor do I think he really wants to run for office.

Con is contradicting himself. He says YYW should pick him for being Republican (less accepting of homosexuality), whereas YYW should reject me for being a baptized, but non-practicing, Catholic (less accepting of homosexuality.) I am also willing to convert for my love.

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -

YYW - I love you!

To YYW I give this song from one of his favorite bands, you light up my world like no one else baby.;

=A note on names=

Bsh tries to disparage my love for YYW by referring to me as "The Texan". This would be a lot more compelling if my opponent was from California or Hawaii, not Maryland. Maryland has the double distinction of having been one of the last places in the US to have slavery legal and being incredibly boring. Texas has it's flaws, but its the motherf*cking land of milk and honey next to Maryland. The only worse state than Maryland is Idaho, which is so boring that they brag about their potatoes of all things on their license plates.

=Opponents case=

The good thing about YYW marrying me is that it carries benefits that are beyond the sexual realm. Sex is literally all Bsh has to offer, and he's a white guy at that, which is why in my case I explained how I can provide YYW with much more pleasure from my mystical godlike powers. Compared to what I offer sex is but a I am also completely okay with my spouse sleeping around. I know tons of incredibly hot gay guys who would be willing to have sex with such an amazingly hot man like YYW. The fact is my relationship with YYW is not based on sex and was going great until Bsh the homewrecker decided to try to steal my man, but he will not succeed. In fact you can turn this entire argument on my opponent--YYW and I can have a meaningful, legal, loving relationship without sex and he can sleep with whoever he wants. Thus he gets the benefit of having the second best husband on Earth (the first being himself) and all the sex he wants. Moreover my opponent gives no evidence that YYW would even want to have sex with him. I found Bsh's blog and here's a picture of him: wouldnt want to wake up to that every morning. Pro claims I'm too short to fit YYW's standards, but unless YYW is looking for a Shaquille O'Neal 6 foot 3 is just fine.

Bsh finally gets something right, that people who have things in common like to be mates...however, according to the great Paula Abdul Opposites Attract[1], thus this point is a wash. The truth is that people have to be alike in some ways and different in some ways to have a successful relationship. YYW are I more alike anyway, we both love One Direction, cats, being evil Slytherins, and winning. What matters is being similar in things you're passionate about and different in things that add sparks to the relationship. Having similar political beliefs means they wont ever argue and, for a famous hall of fame debater like YYW, this is a bad thing. Pros evidence that he and YYW have scored similarly on silly internet tests is relevant only if he can prove that it's for the same reasons/similar in a not creepy way. Maybe YYW is Dumbledore because he's wise and kind, whereas Bsh is Dumbledore because he likes to discriminate against muggles and fall in love with dark wizards.

The fact is that they are not the same in any way they can actually connect, and they are different in ways that will grind YYW's gears. Why is Bsh so lame? Could it be that Bsh is one of those people who comes home from a long days work, takes off his dirty clothes, puts his underwear over his face and rolls around in them while orgasaming in olfactory pleasure? That might be one of the best arguments I've ever made.

Pro is really grasping at straws here and making some pretty bogun claims, like being a Harry Potter fanatic while mispelling Gyffindor multiple times in the last round. YYW share a deep interest, and that is our love of looking into each others eyes, our love of plotting against our enemies, our love of spelling the Harry Potter houses right, our interest in Law School, our political ambitions, our love of 1D, our deep and solemn wish that Larry Stylison is real, and much much more.

=My case=

C1. Gay marriage

Pro doesn't hit the crux of the issue. YYW and I could be married out of state, but if we did our marriage wouldn't be legally recognized where I live and thus wouldn't meet the resolutional criteria. Pro is correct that there are other avenues for gay marriage to become legal but he shoots himself in the foot here. If we are focusing not on popular vote but by Supreme Court decision, than my world is one where Gay Marriage is likely legal all over this great nation and at the very least for the 26 million people in Texas so much sooner. Who knows how long it will take the Supreme Court to decide the gay marriage issue, if it even rules in our favor? YYW has to negate because viva la rainbow revolution!

C2. How to vote

Bsh's argument is very weak here, YYW loves cats and we both know it. Honestly this is no contest, if YYW really liked Bsh's photo as much he would've said so. I probably have one of the greatest avatars on DDO right now. It's incredibly unique. How many people in the world admire Star Trek? Scifi nerds are a dime a dozen, my avatar proves uniqueness. In fact this is another reason to vote Con, my taste in science fiction isnt complete crap. I mean, Bsh actually likes the phantom menace. Come on. the phantom menace is so bad that I won't even honor it by giving it the proper capitalization. YYW has better things to do with his saturday nights than be forced to watch Jar Jar Binks being an idiot and Qui Gon Jin being the worst Jedi ever.

As for names this is just getting ridiculous. "Bish". It sounds like a euphemism for prostate cnacer or something. Thett is so much better. You can imagine a sexy person yelling "THETT" as he is pounded. Vote Con.

Also according to the highly reliable Guardian, 3 is the second best number 1-10, 1 is fourth[2].

This is the only other fair way to vote and it leads to a Con ballot.

C3. I am better

I'd like to add that I got a 100 on my assigment today. I am truly the greatest man alive besides YYW himself.

A. Godlike powers

Bsh's response is perplexing. He tries to prove I am not imbued with godlike powers by...reminding everyone of me and my profile pic? The fact that I and my photo is always in the back of your minds is an argument for my godlike powers.

Pro claims he is God. Double turn: First, this is blasphemous. It's one thing to claim to have godlike powers, entirely another to claim to be God. Secondly: Bsh's Muppets card identifies Bsh as Whoopi Goldberg--a woman. You can forget about Pro's sex impact.

As for his Star Trek claim...the fact that I didn't know what El-Aurian meant until I googled it and Bsh loves Star Trek so much he claims to be some strange Trek race is probably a better argument for voting for me than anything I could ever come up with.

B. Hotness

Pro makes some pretty strange claims about me not being attractive, but the fact is we have irrefutable proof in Royal's testimony to my sheer good looks. It's true that Royal was once my lover, but that ship sailed in 2012 (before Bsh was even on the site...) and has no incentive to lie, especially if her testimony about my greatness would get others interested in me.

C. Slytherin

YYW is not a Gryffindor. He is a Slytherin and we all know it. YYW, together we can go on the path to greatness. Bsh will give you nothing but a musty library. Together you and I will be great, we will change the world for the better. If you marry Bsh you guys will both drink your problems away in a shoddy bar, wondering when exactly your lives became worth $12.99 an hour teaching washed up community college kids and thinking about what could've been. Bsh doesn't even spell the house of his love right. If YYW really is a Gryffindor, he should vote Bsh down for insulting his house with misspelling.

D. Older

Bsh is but a young nooblet. He has not been here nearly long enough to prove his sanity. The fact that I've been here nearly 3 years and have only two people who dislike me on the site (both of whom are almost universally despised and hate YYW as well--we can fight our enemies together!) shows how great and sane I am. Again, unless YYW wants to spend his health insurance deductibles on mental health care, he needs to vote Con.

C4. History

Bsh proves he knows nothing about YYW. YYW used to be a Republican and was a huge fan of Mitt Romney. Together YYW and I can change the Republican party. The first gay Republican power couple is coming!

C5. Religion

The papist reveals only how wishy washy he is that he would abandon the faith of his forefathers just to get in bed with YYW. For shame! Again, YYW needs to remain a WASP and I'm his only chance at doing so. Pro claims I contradicted myself, but the problem is that we have a good chance of changing the Republican party, but virtually no chance at changing the Catholic Church as the papist probably knows. In the names and memories of Luther, Calvin, Knox, and many many more reformists, YYW has to vote for the glory of Protestantism. Stop the papist madness.

In this round, I shall review my case, and then refute the Texan's.

But, before I begin, I must point out that the Texan is copying my idea of using Youtube videos to woo the magnificent and sensual YYW. I must point how unoriginal the Texan is being, and so I refer him to the first video. Get out of my way! No one can stand in the way of me and my beloved! The obnoxious lyrics are symbolic of the Texan's obnoxious obstructionism--barring the way between us! Moreover, in the event that the great YYW watches the clip, I have selected one with a visual that he should find...stimulating.

As for names, I would remind YYW that Maryland was the first state to legalize Gay Marriage by popular vote. Maryland is the wealthiest state in America, the Star Spangled Banner was written here, our state capital was once the national capital, and we have Chesapeake Bay Retrievers [1], which are so much more fluffy and awesome than Blue Lacys (Texas's dog). [2] What is Texas known for? Racism, hurricanes, and 10-gallon hats. Clearly, YYW should vote for Maryland. We have equality, patriotism, and adorable canines!

So, Con says that sex is all I have to offer, and that I'm a "white guy." Knowing YYW, I don't think the fact I'm white would deter him from having sex with me. Also, the Texan is white...just saying'. I'll also get to the "god-like" powers claim later in this round.

I think YYW wouldn't want to "sleep around." He seems like the type who wants to marry someone he can be with in a loving, monogamous relationship. He wants someone he can love, but who he can also have amazing, passionate, and wild sex with. That IS me; that is NOT the Texan.

I also point out how sex is important to a relationship. Let's refer back to my unrefuted evidence from last round: "Sex is an integral part of any marriage because it ensures the healthy expression of love between two people who plan on being together for the rest of their lives."

The Texan says his relationship with YYW was "not based on sex." Mine would not be based on sex either, but at least we would have sex (and lots.) The problem with the Texan is that to have a healthy marriage, he and YYW must, in fact, have sex. The Texan never refutes that he would neither enjoy nor want to have sex with YYW. Thus, their relationship is doomed from the start.

The Texan also never refutes that I would be better at pleasing YYW than he would. The Texan CANNOT even be physically attracted to YYW.

Also, I don't have blog, and, if I could access the website the Texan cites, I'd explain why whoever it is he's referring to is not, in fact, me. I will include a photo of me at the end of this debate, just to settle any question re: my appearance.

We *all* know the Texan is 5'7" -- which just goes to show how much Royal exaggerates. I am 6'1", which fits within YYW's parameters.

I think we can prefer a medical study to Paula Abdul. I would also like to point out now that if YYW marries the Texan, YYW will be subjected to the Texan's unending rolodex of annoying songs, including Stephen by Ke$ha and Cotton-Eyed Joe (and you thought Vanilla Ice was bad...).

Let us also remember that in R1 the Texan advocated for Slytherin-Slytherin marriage. This is equivalent to advocating for a "Like-to-Like" marriage. Thus, his own logic defeats him. Likes attract.

The Texan again insists that YYW is a Slytherin, which is patently false. YYW is a Gryffindor through and through. In other words, the Texan is refusing to accept YYW for who he is, and is in complete denial. I am much more emotionally stable, and so I would be a better husband.

In fact, YYW and I do disagree. We recently disagreed about DDO's TOS policy and banning. So, we will have plenty of things to debate. But, again, our personalities are similar in a way that only happens once in a blue moon. It's like the cosmos arranged for us to be together. On the Myers-Briggs test, for example, our scores matched 87.5%. We also both appreciate the same type of underwear, which is vital to any successful gay relationship.

The evidence is literally overwhelming: YYW and I have highly compatible personalities. Therefore, we'd have a successful union.

I think, in that last paragraph in this section, the Texan is referring not to be, but to himself. Unlike straight guys, after a long day of work I would come home, may a gourmet dinner for two with lit candles and reduced lighting, and organize an incredibly romantic dinner for YYW. Then, after some foreplay lasting several hours, we would spend some miraculous time in bed. I would give total devotion.

I misspelled Gryffindor only because I was mesmerized by my love of YYW and his beauty. Unfortunately, the Texan will never have that experience since he cannot feel physically attracted to YYW's beauty, the curves of his body, the sensual...(trails off for 150 minutes about YYW's majestic appearance). I am also interested in law school and politics, and have named more similar interests with YYW than has the Texan.

C1: Gay Marriage

Again, the Texan fails to show causality. He and YYW could easily like in the Northeast, where YYW is from, instead of in Texas. At which point, Con's argument is totally moot.

Secondly, legality by court decision does not imply a Supreme Court case. For example, in New Jersey, the highest court in the State legalized gay marriage there. Again, the Texan's point fails to take into account most possibility. Ultimately, I doubt that YYW voting up the Con world will actually cause Gay Marriage to be legalized in Texas.

C2: How to Vote

YYW is a big, fluffy dog person, and the Texan just doesn't realize it. As a dog-lover, YYW should vote down the cat on principle. The Texan's image is certainly "unique"...if you find oddly bizarre an appealing look.

Moreover, I recognize that the Phantom Menace is not the best of the Star Wars Trilogy--my contention is just that it is not among the worst. And, Jar Jar is a complete idiot...

My name could also be announced as "bash" meaning party or celebration [3]. It can also mean to smash during sex ;) "Thett3" is just a mouthful...

Clearly, 1 means first place. First place is better than third. Moreover, using 1 I can say: "YYW, 1 love you!"
Con drops that YYW would never vote on a paradigm put forth by someone names LaissezFaire.

C3: Better

I got 100 on 4 tests over the past week. Clearly, I am superior.

A. God-like Powers

I implanted an image of the Texan burning in your mind. This was my doing--I was showing you his destruction. But, I can also implant other images as evidence of my power.

You will see a purple flower. You will see a bee on that flower. You will see a pink elephant. You will see the elephant pick up the flower. Voila! The Texan's powers are non-unique.

Con never refutes that I am indeed El-Aurian, which gives my a unique range of mystical powers!

As for the Muppets' Card, clearly, I am not Whoopi Goldberg. However, I should receive credit for finding a way to cite the Muppets (who are awesome) in a debate round.

B. Hotness

Cleary Royal still carries the proverbial torch for the Texan, and as such is an unreliable witness.

Furthermore, Royal is renowned for her ability to become easily inflamed. Were she to find out that YYW and the Texan were together, her wrath would turn upon YYW. I'm sure YYW does not walk to become the victim of a psychopathic stalker.

For his own personal safety, YYW must vote Pro.

C. Slytherin

YYW is not a Slytherin, unless the Texan is comparing him to d!ckbags like Lucius Malfoy. Gryffindor and Ravenclaw have empirically successful relationships, whereas Slytherin and fail.

D. Older

I'm a "young nooblet?" I think the Texan is truly missing how much time I put into DDO and how much of that is spent talking to YYW. I would never leave him!

C4: History

I say again over: I don't think YYW wants to be a Republican (there are reasons why he left); nor do I think he wants to run for office.

C5: Religion

Ummm...I would abandon the faith of my forefathers to be with the man I LOVE! I am like Chava, willing to give up my faith for my beloved Fyedka! This shows true devotion.

Pope Francis is also far more open to gays and to civil unions than Con thinks [4]. It might just be possible to change the Catholic Church, which would be a far more impressive feat that changing the GOP.

The Texan also changes the goal posts here! He initially said that we should reject papism because it is anti-gay. Under than logic, we should also reject the GOP. Now, he says we should reject it because it is more anti-gay than the GOP. #logicalfallacies

Oh, and I promised you an image of it is:

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -

YYW - Marry Me!

I'm not sure what to do as the last round was skipped due to a glitch. I guess the parameters tell me to leave this as an essentially blank round and so I shall until we determine what to do. I will only add, regarding length of stay on DDO, that I've pissed longer than Bsh1 has been here.

Oh, and YYW:

You're on the phone with your girlfriend—she's upset,
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night.
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like.
And she'll never know your story like I do.

But she wears short skirts
I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

If you could see
That I'm the one
Who understands you.
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see—
You belong with me,
You belong with me?

Walking the streets with you in your worn out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be.
Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself,
"Hey, isn't this easy?"

And you've got a smile
That can light up this whole town.
I haven't seen it in awhile
Since she brought you down.

You say you're fine—I know you better than that.
Hey, what you doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels,
I wear sneakers.
She's cheer captain,
And I'm on the bleachers.

If you could see
That I'm the one
Who understands you,
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see—
You belong with me?

Standing by and waiting at your backdoor.
All this time how could you not know, baby?
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

Oh, I remember you were driving to my house
In the middle of the night.
I'm the one who makes you laugh
When you know you're 'bout to cry.
I know your favorite songs,
And you tell me about your dreams.
Think I know where you belong,
Think I know it's with me.

Can't you see
That I'm the one
Who understands you?
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see—
You belong with me?

You belong with me,
You belong with me.

You belong with me.

Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me?

You belong with me.
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
Finally visible in the HOF:
Posted by bsh1 1 year ago
So happy this made the HOF... :)
Posted by bsh1 2 years ago
@rlarson -

Homophobia is irrational. But, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all. There's no reason to comment on this debate like that.
Posted by Nidhogg 2 years ago
DDO couldn't handle how amazing this debate was. Oh, and yes I do still stalk the forums.
Posted by bsh1 2 years ago
Lol...I 100% agree. This was so awesome...the glitch was annoying.
Posted by thett3 2 years ago
You know, I'm still really annoyed that of ALL the debates to glitch out and skip round 3 it had to be this one
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
this debate was both troll and serious at the same time. I don't know how it was managed. Really funny, too!
Posted by YYW 2 years ago

Really, just gtfo.
Posted by bsh1 2 years ago
@AgnosticRadar - If you have nothing nice to say, that GTFO :)
Vote Placed by YYW 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I've got to hand it to you both, this was just about the most epic debate ever. Truly, my all time favorite debate. But, I have to give it to bsh1. Tempting as having all the sex I could ever want would be if I were with Thett, coming home to a husband that would "[make] a gourmet dinner for two with lit candles and reduced lighting, and organize an incredibly romantic dinner" and then engage in "foreplay lasting several hours" and with whom after which we would retire upstairs for "miraculous time in bed" is what won my heart in this debate.