comasense
Darknonymous

Who created evolution?

comasense

Con

IF evolution is true as fact. Then who created the living things to evolve?
Darknonymous

Pro

well that is easy. It was not a being, but rather a chance occurrence of events that took place during an early phase of earths planetary life. There are several theories, but one that is accepted by many people I know, is that in earth "primordial soup" as they all like to call it (which is just a way to say all of the mixture of compounds in earths early oceans) there was a reaction that created the protocell, something that would replicate and reproduce, and lead to the spawning of archeabacteria, then bacteria, then plants, fungus, and later animals.

To answer the question in one sentence, no one created the living thing.

But as for how the protocell came to be, that has been hypothesized and tested in many ways. 2 scientists Miller and Urey took what they knew about the atmosphere of earth when oceans began to form. They recreated it using a closed system. The Wikipedia for the experiment is at http://en.wikipedia.org... and if you would like to read into more depth you may.
comasense

Con

comasense forfeited this round.
Darknonymous

Pro

Darknonymous forfeited this round.
comasense

Con

comasense forfeited this round.
Darknonymous

Pro

Darknonymous forfeited this round.
Posted by eastcoastsamuel 4 years ago
eastcoastsamuel
Clarify this debate and your stance and someone is bound to accept. I'm willing to debate this if you just do that.
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
I would like to understand this further, are you arguing there is a god? Please i would like to know this.
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
You want your resolution to be an affirmative statement. Something like, "Resolve: Jehovah created evolution." That way, the titles "Pro" and "Con" make sense.

Being "Con" against the question, "Who created evolution?" makes no sense. We don't have any idea which side you want to argue. You didn't include that information in your first post either. Anybody could take any side, and you'd have to take the other side.

Perhaps you should cancel this debate, and go open a thread in the forums.
Posted by dannyc 4 years ago
dannyc
I will debate you but on what grounds, are you arguing evolution never happened or that God exists?
Posted by The_Chaos_Heart 4 years ago
The_Chaos_Heart
I'm a bit confused...I'm willing to debate you on this, I think, but I need you to answer a question for me: Are you attempting to argue that a God or Gods created Evolution? Can you elaborate what you want with this debate a little more?
Posted by comasense 4 years ago
comasense
I think the question is fair..
Posted by comasense 4 years ago
comasense
I do not know. Think sometimes if a given question is asked different, u may get a different discussion. Tell me something different other than wasted theories.
Posted by DWolf2k2 4 years ago
DWolf2k2
Is this simply an exercise in fighting topicality attacks?