warllamas
Korashk

Who creates the best short story Wins!

warllamas

Pro

Here are the rules, we both compete to make the best story then the voters decide who made the best story. I think the rules are pretty simple.
Korashk

Con

Since my opponent did not post a story in round one I assume that he would like for the posting of stories to commence in round two.
warllamas

Pro

warllamas forfeited this round.
Korashk

Con

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Tale of the Viking at the Battle at Stamford Bridge
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a glorious campaign. King Harald, our peerless leader, has led us in many a victory over the English and Saxons. We are currently marching towards an English border town to pillage supplies from a fairly defenseless town. We need to take as much supplies as we can because our lands are unfit for bearing crops.

Our pace is both swift and steady as we came in sight of the village. It was only guarded by a single garrison of reserve soldiers. Our army fell upon them as if we were a pack of wolves let loose in the pasture. It only took us minutes to slaughter their guards and move to the rest of the village. We finished looting their stores and taking their supplies after killing the remaining men.

The king decided to halt our march a week or so to rest our weary muscles and be merry amongst ourselves. This is the first rest that we have had since beginning our yearly campaign.

****

"King Harold, we have just received news that an English town to the North was sacked by the Norsemen and that they are taking a break in their warpath."

"This would be the perfect chance to take them unawares. Captains, form up the ranks and prepare to march!" His orders were quickly followed and the Saxon army began to head towards the Norse army with Harold leading the double-time march on his horse.

"Onward men! Soon we will have the Norsemen laying down, dead at our feet!"

****

"C'mon Agrillar, tell us about when you fought and killed that bear as a child." a voice around the fire asked the large warrior.

"Fine, a score of winters ago I was wandering around the forest that surrounded my village when I--"

"A score of winters ago! I know you are not even a score and nine winters old." chimed another voice from around the fire.

"I am not. So there I was, walking near the woods when; what was that?"

"What was what Agrillar?"

"I think that I heard something off in the distance. I am going to scout along the horizon tonight. I will see you all at the rise of the sun."

I was quick to don my armor and take up my weapon for the surveillance I planned. Turning away from away from the rest of the men gathered around the fire I set off.

I have been walking away from the war camp all night. It is almost morning and I am thinking about turning back. My feeling must have been wrong.

I decided to take a different route back to the camp that had me follow the road that originally led us to the village of Stamford. This path was much easier than trekking through the forest like I did through the night. The gods favored me when I decided to take this path. About an hour before reaching the war camp I overtook the rear guard of an army. At the sight of them I moved to the forest and began sprinting as fast as I could towards the village.

"KING HARALD!" I shouted as loud as I could, not slowing until I reached him and knelt.

"What is it warrior? What is your name?"

"My name is Agrillar Bear Grappler Volsung, son of Sigurd The Dragon Slayer Volsung my lord and I come bearing grave news. There is an army headed towards our camp. I am only minutes ahead of their front lines."

"Men, ready your armor and weapons! A grand battle is nearly upon us. Before the day is over we shall make the ground run red with the hot blood of our enemies!"

It was then that the army appeared a mere thousand meters from the bridge that led into Stamford. In that moment I realized that I was the only one here dressed for battle.

"MY lord I will hold off their army alone while the rest of you prepare. You would honor me by allowing me to give my life defending my people and earn my seat in the mead halls of Valhalla."

"I grant your request Agrillar Bear Grappler Volsung, may your death be a glorious one. I will hold off my men until you have drawn your last breath."

"Thank you my lord."

****

I watched as my warrior charged the front-lines of the army. He let loose a war cry that would curdle the blood of demons as he raised his ax and hit them as they were bottlenecking at the bridge. His first swing slammed their soldiers like a monsoon decimates the coastal land. Three men were brought down by his first swing and by his third over twelve had fallen. The man was like a beast in the manner that he attacked. There was no technique, only pure savagery. It took our enemies minutes to even realize that they were under attack. Agrillar's one man assault has finally begun.

At first things continued in the manner it had started, he kept cutting through them like a knife through warm butter. Their army finally began to fight back and my warrior began to weaken. It started with minor wounds that he did not even notice. After about one half of an hour had passed he took an arrow in the chest and fell. I began to tell my men to charge when one of them pointed to the bridge.

Agrillar stood up, took one of their soldiers in both of his hands and threw the man off of the bridge. He then took up his weapons and began his attack with renewed vigor. This kept up for quite some time and by my count thirty of the enemy was slain. The renewed onslaught did not last though and he took a sword through the stomach and two more arrows, one through the neck and the other in the thigh.

No mortal could possibly have survived those injuries and I again motioned to my army. As I turned back my eyes seemed to betray me. Agrillar was standing with weapons raised. His ax clenched in one hand and the head of his nearest opponent in the other. He lurched painfully forward and brought down two opponents before being set upon by a mob. They began bludgeoning him and for the third time I raised my hand to signal the charge.

****

"This warrior is glorious Freyja. He fights with a grace and savagery not demonstrated since we warred against the Greek Titans."

"Really Father; who is our Viking doing battle against?" she said, a gleam appearing in the corner of her eye.

"He is battling the entire Saxon army. It was going well for him for about what the mortals refer to as an hour, but now he is mere seconds away from succumbing to his wounds."

"I say that you should grant him a divine boon before he joins us. Give him the chance to complete his task. Once he finishes you can offer him a toast in the Great Mad Hall."

"That is a wonderful notion my daughter."

"Odin, you are truly a generous leader."

****

What I saw before me now could only be described as a miracle granted to Agrillar on the whim of Odin Himself. It seemed as is a great wind lifted the mob off from atop of him and threw them from the bridge. What rose from the carnage was not a man; what rose from the carnage was a giant bear cloaked in the divine armor of the Gods.

This feeling is incredible. The raw power contained in my limbs in unbelievable. I finally took the time to examine my enemy. They were Saxons, and by their looks they were terrified. Using their terror as an opportunity to attack I struck down the first group with a mighty swing of my paw. Odin has given me a great gift and I intend to use it. As I began to tear into their ranks they regained their composure and began attacking again. Unfortunately for them the blessing granted to me has rendered me invulnerable.

It took less than an hour for me to slaughter them all. The land was stained deep crimson in the aftermath of my carnage. The Vikings were victorious this day; I was victorious this day. As I closed my eyes and collapsed, breathing my last breath, all I felt was contentment.

****

"Welcome my warrior Agrillar Bear Grappler Slayer of the Saxon Horde Volsung. Welcome to Valhalla."
Posted by aldooffline 7 years ago
aldooffline
haha I just read a debate about llamas cool story Korashk
Posted by warllamas 7 years ago
warllamas
Sorry, I was busy with school but I would have written about carnivorous llamas
Posted by Korashk 7 years ago
Korashk
Not really. I'm not all that into writing, that story was what I wrote for my final project in Creative Writing class.
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
username03 = retard.

Korashk, writers debate? Would you be interested?

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by xxdarkxx 7 years ago
xxdarkxx
RFD: well pro never posted a story and i assumed thats what this debate was about so yeah reasons are obvious.

And way to vote bomb username03
Posted by Korashk 7 years ago
Korashk
What is the point of creating a contest debate if you aren't going to even post your entry...
Posted by Korashk 7 years ago
Korashk
C'mon man, I've had my story ready since the day after I accepted this debate. -_-;
Posted by warllamas 7 years ago
warllamas
No plagiarism, and don't recreate Shakespeare!!!
Posted by Thessentials 7 years ago
Thessentials
No plagiarism?
Posted by FREEDO 7 years ago
FREEDO
Extremely interesting debate.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
warllamasKorashkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never wrote a story. Con wrote a story. Con wins by default. Conduct to Con for Pro's round forfeit.
Vote Placed by aldooffline 7 years ago
aldooffline
warllamasKorashkTied
Vote Placed by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
warllamasKorashkTied
Vote Placed by xxdarkxx 7 years ago
xxdarkxx
warllamasKorashkTied
Vote Placed by username03 7 years ago
username03
warllamasKorashkTied
Vote Placed by Korashk 7 years ago
Korashk
warllamasKorashkTied