RarityIsReady
Caity18951

Who is best My Little Pony Villain?

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

RarityIsReady

Pro

I will be arguing that the Dazzlings and Discord are the best villains. Does anybody want to accept this debate? You can choose to defend as many villains as you will like.
Caity18951

Con

I would have to disagree. I believe that Queen Chrysalis is the best My Little Pony Villain. She impersonated Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (aka: Princess Cadence). What is more evil than that? Sure, Discord turned Ponyville literally upside down, but he did that all own his own and everyone knew that he did it. Queen Chrysalis, she was able to disguise herself as Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and only Twilight was able to recognize that it wasn't the princess. Queen Chrysalis had an entire army to back her up. Yeah, the Dazzlings took over the Canterlot High, but they were defeated within a day of taking it over. Queen Chrysalis was able to keep her act up for about 3-4 days. Queen Chrysalis is the best villain, without a doubt.
RarityIsReady

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge. I hope for an enjoyable debate.

You state that Queen Chrysalis is the best villain. I disagree. The reasons why are:

A. Evilness.
You state that she impersonated Cadance, and mention what could be more evil. I have an answer, how about Discord's plan to turn Equestria into the land of chaos? Or the Dazzling's plan to control Equestria with Dark Magic? Let me start at the beginning.
Discord: Discord is the Lord of Chaos. It is revealed in his past, that he was the one to plant the seeds that would literally steal all the magic from the Tree of Harmony, thus rendering the elements useless, which would make his rein A GUARANTEED WIN. The only reason his plan didn't work, was that the seeds took a lot of time to run. Moving on to the past. Discord broke free, and he TAMPERED WITH THE MANE SIX'S MINDS to win. Whoa. Again, the only reason his plan was foiled was that he didn't know the element's has been reunited. He has enough magic to stop them. His evilness boundary, I repat, extending to Hypotizing ponies to turn against each other, which, had it been succesfull, would guarantee an AUTOMATIC WIN. And he made the element of magic depressed. If he had succeeded, the world would have been in chaos.
Dazzlings: Let's cut to the chase here. The Dazzlings were the only villains that the Mane Six had to actually work to defeat. They didn't just put out some magic from their fancy horns, they had to work an actual battle to win and it was only by pure luck that the succeed. The Dazzlings control everybody. They can spread negative energy across the world. A 1000 years ago, they were the most powerful sirens on Equestria. And they spread negative magic that makes people go bad. Guess when Princess Luna went bad? A 100 years ago. When Discord and Tirek went bad? A 100 years ago. It could possibly be coincidence that these villains became, well, villainous right when the Sirens spread their negative energ, but there's a very slim chance. Also they mind control people to fight. The more people fight, the stronger they become. I think I know what's more evil than just impersonating a pony. Oh, and the Dazzlings were taken atleast two weeks to defeat, because that's how long the battle of the bands lasted. And I didn't even count the time before the auditions.

Speaking about impersonation:

Chrysalis just wanted to take over Crystal Empire because she wanted food for her subjects. That doesn't sound like evil, more sounds like caring to me. And I may remind you, she was defeated in a day. The instant moment she was revealed, she was defeated. By the power of love, no less.

B. Character/ Design/ Voice.

I will now argue about the character of Chrysalis, Discord and The Dazzlings.
Chrysalis has one song that's widely popular and is probably one of the best songs in the show. She has help from Cadance, who's melody makes the song good. She doesn't sing it on her own, without Cadance, her song would be cool but not that good. Discord has one song that is amazing, and he sung it all by himself. Glass of Water reflects on Discord's character. It has an enjoyable tune, and is far amazing. The Dazzlings KILLED It. They had three songs, with only the last one begin a duet. And each song was better than the last. The last song being a duet, it was the Dazzlings who really stole the show.
Discord is a Draconequis, which means his design is pretty unique. It's simple, but that's what makes it so complicated. His follows a Draconequis in Greek Mythology, which means it's sort of twisted with animals parts uniquely poking out. WHile following mythology, his adds a unique twist with the color, shape, and the differentiation of the parts. Chrysalis's character design was pretty similar to Luna's, actually. The same dark mane, the same Dark Coat, the same smile. The only thing that is different is the mane style and the eyes. The design for the Dazzlin's was unlike that in Mythology. Originally, the Greek Mythology presents the Sirens as mermaids. The Dazzlings were a fun spin of myths, with being multi seahorse-shaped cretures in Ponyville, while having a beautiful seductress in human form. Also, their hair styles were all different, a feat for three group of villains in MLP.
The character. Discord, even though he loses, doesn't lose. Let me eplain. Discord still regains that aura of mischeif that he had. He still toys around with the mane six's feeling, especially Twilights. Discord never actually reforms, he just switches which side to help. Even after his big change in the Season 4 finale, he still toys with Twilight, he still causes Mischeif, as we see in What about Discord and Make New Friends But Keep Discord. The Dazzlings, they never actually lost their powers. They still have other ways left. They could still come back. Chrysalis, I'm not so sure about. She is blasted away, and even with 3 seasons and 3 movies, we still don't see her. The Dazzlings only didn't appear because they had no other chance to, Chrysalis only appeared in the Season 5 finale and even then only for 5 to 6 seconds, it's Zecora that we see more of.
In conclusion, The Dazzlings and Discord are superior villains to Chrysalis.
Caity18951

Con

What does their voices, songs, # of songs, and how much we have seen them, have to do with which is the best villain.

Let me remind you that Chrysalis not only impersonated Princess Cadence, but she used her magic to eat away at Shining Armor's magic so her minions could break the force-field that he used (and needed) his magic to create.

Thank you for bringing up that she was just trying to feed her subjects. You helped remind me of what I am going to say next.

She was just trying to feed her subjects, but she was going to destroy another kingdom to feed them! Now that's what I call PURE EVIL!!!!!

Discord does toy with Twilight's head and feelings, but he did help her by highlighting the entries that Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash wrote when they got the gifts for showing another pony what their element was about, and, RarityIsReady, he also gave Twilight the last gift which helped them open the chest so Twilight could get her own chest and her official tittle-- The Princess of Friendship!!!!!

Though Queen Chrysalis hasn't been seen that often (which I believe is not that relevent) she could come back. She can diguise herself as anypony she wants, may I remind you. Therefore, Chrysalis is the ELTIMATE MY LITTLE PONY VILLIAN!!
RarityIsReady

Pro

Thank you for responding. This is an enjoable debate. I will now rebut your arguments and make new ones.

Rebuttal One:
You say 'What does their voices, songs, # of songs, and how much we have seen them, have to do with which is the best villain.' It does. The topic of best villain must take all factors into account, such as the examples you listed about. A villain must be remembered and loved, such as Discord and the Dazzlings are, to be a truly great villain.

Rebuttal Two:
I thank you for bringing up her plan to destroy another kingdom. My argument for that will be listed eventually.

Rebuttal Three: Yes, Discord toys with the ponies feelings. Yes, he does give Twilight the title of The Princess of Friendship. But may I remind you, he also joins forces with an evil minotaur to destroy the world before that. I noticed the Dazzlings weren't mentioned much in your argument, so I will clear their case as well. The Dazzlings turned into evil demon-seahorse mutants and almost BEAT TWILIGHT. In fact, they DID beat Twilight. They would have won, if not for Sunset Shimmer. The truth is, all villains helped make Twilight stronger, piece by piece. Therefore, your argument is also not valid.

Rebuttal Four:
Queen Chrysalis can disguide herself as anypony, that is true. Dicsord can disguise himself as anything. He might be a harmless balloon floating in the air. He might be a cute buttefly. You never know where he is. He could pop out right at you at any second without a warning, and that's what makes him so dangerous. The Dazzlings look like three innocent teenage girls. That can fool people realy easily.

Argument:
Discord is the most powerful villain of all, there's no doubt. (1) You know why? Discord was able to manipulate reality. He took about the horns of Twilight and Rarity, the wings of Rainbow and Flutter just like that. That is something not one villain was able to do, not even Chrysalis, not even Tirek. Discord would have turned Equestria into a screaming chaos pit, and then he would be still laughing. The Dazzlings would have made blood, war, and enemity among the ponies and humans, and they would be laughing. Chrysalis would have...done nothing. I am sorry to say this, but Chrysalis' plan was bound to fail even if she won. Let's say she took over Canterlot. She feeds on love. There would be no love there when she took over, because she is causing the ponies to greatly distrust her, so she and her minione would starve and die! That is a plan with flaws in it if I have ever seen one. No pony would be foolish enough to love in front of her, they are intelligent, they know what will happen! Terefore, her plan was most likely to fail.

Argument:
The Dazzlings can sense whenever there is Equestrian magic in their presence, thanks to the pendants. Discord can sense whenever there is a magic in-balance in the world. Chrysalis can sense...nothing, really. All she can really do is feed off love, change into ponies and hope it works.

Thus, The Dazzlings and Discord are best villains.
Caity18951

Con

I was going to post an extremely long argument, but let me sum it up.

Discord's magic comes from another dimension, the Dazzlings magic comes from there pendants, but Queen Chrysalis's magic comes herself. It comes from no where else.

If you watch this video, Queen Chrysalis has an amazing song that is not shared with anyone else that proves that she is truly the best villain in ALL OF EQUESTRIA!!!!!!!:
https://www.youtube.com...
RarityIsReady

Pro

Well, I suppose this is the concluding round. Thank you for a fascinating dicscussion.

To conclude, I would like to point out the fact that Discord's magic does NOT come from another dimension, that has never been stated in the show, movies or books and therfore is not true. Queen Chrysalis' magic comes from feeding off love of other ponies, without it, she is nothing. To prove it, let me quote a line from the show,
"Your love as made me even more powerful than Celestia!"
Your love. The love that she is feeding off on. And I don't see how Chrysalis not haiving a magical item used to draw energy from really contributes to her best villain factor. Also, I believe the pendant is only for the Dazzlings in the human world, the Sirens from the Equestrian world doesn't need a pendant or anything else.
My opponent's concluding line as always been some sort of version of 'CHRYSALIS IS BEST MLP VILLAIN!' He or she seems to think that Chrysalis' song was shared by Cadance, and therefore, was NOT hers. Even if it were, Discord has one unique song entirely to himself, and the Dazzlings had two entirely to theirselves.
So, In my closing statement, I conclude that Discord and the Dazzlings are the best villains.
Caity18951

Con

Caity18951 forfeited this round.
Posted by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Midnight, instigation does not preclude me from dismissal. Furthermore, as to comments pertaining to my character, I do think rather fondly of myself (I assure you: it's justifiable), especially in the presence immaturity.
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Haha, says "get lost" even though you're the one who came onto someone else's debate to comment about their tastes in entertainment. Zarro, your "holier than thou" attitude is really one of a kind.
Posted by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Your inductive interpretation of my character is of little merit, considering the merit of your character. Besides, I'm finished baby-sitting you. Get lost.
Posted by RarityIsReady 1 year ago
RarityIsReady
Immature, am I? Hon, I really don't think I'm more immature than you, who, according to what I see here, only seeks attention by pretending she's the sole key to the universe.

I think you're right, Midnight, after all, immature children need to be put alone, as you put it.
Posted by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
On the contrary, I am well aware of capacity for immaturity, or as you like to call it, "differing tastes."
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Rarity you should steer clear of Zarroette, she has trouble understanding that people have differing tastes in entertainment.
Posted by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
"Grown men" watch it? You're kidding, right? You mean man-children who haven't come close to maturing. Btw, "humiliation" isn't measured on length, dumbo.

I was seeking debates, and I came across this embarrassment.

Pathetic.
Posted by RarityIsReady 1 year ago
RarityIsReady
Zaorette, not necessarily. MLP has some pretty soothing moments, and hilarious jokes. If some grown men can watch it, so can I. Besides, who are you to judge what I watch? Please, I believe the furthest humiliation is you.

You claim you're 17? And yet you go around looking for random things to post judging comments on, so you can feel better about yourself.

I don't think I'm the one who needs to worry about humiliation, darling. ;-)
Posted by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Ha! You claim that you're 18? My Little Pony is a show designed for young girls!!

This humiliation you've inflicted upon yourself is hilarious xD