MrTommyBeer
julian123

Who is going to give it to you more: Uptown Funk or X?

Started: 3/5/2015 Category: Music

MrTommyBeer

Pro

Greetings.

You can see from the topic title, my addressed thesis is a comparison of quality between two sources. What I am tackling is how much, qualitatively, both Uptown Funk and X give it to you. By the end of this debate, I hope not only to draw a comparative distinction between the different ways that both parties give it, but to be able to confidently draw my own conclusion.

On the one hand, Uptown Funk appears to give it to you more. Bruno Mars repeats the claim many times throughout a convincing video. It also seems that his claim has been thoroughly peer reviewed as five other scholars appear in the video, all backing him up.

On the other hand, X fiercely claims that he will give it to you more. And though he is thoroughly outnumbered, he makes the claim with such a strong conviction that it seems almost conclusively irrefutable. The phrase "X gon' give it to ya'" is a key theme in DMX's argument, suggesting that he is very convinced that it is the case.

Though neither party proposes their own as a comparative i.e. Neither Bruno Mars or DMX argue that they will give it to you more than anyone else, I'd like to draw a clear distinction as to which source will in fact "give it to you" more. My views are currently neutral but for the sake of this argument I will act on behalf of DMX.
julian123

Con

we should not have to listen to that crap
MrTommyBeer

Pro

MrTommyBeer forfeited this round.
julian123

Con

julian123 forfeited this round.
MrTommyBeer

Pro

MrTommyBeer forfeited this round.
julian123

Con

julian123 forfeited this round.
Posted by Varrack 1 year ago
Varrack
Uptown Funk has been stuck in my head ever since I saw this debate a couple hours ago.