Rjupudi18
RichardDawkinsIsBae

Who is more peaceful: Jesus (Pro) or Muhammad (Con)?

RichardDawkinsIsBae has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Rjupudi18

Pro

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Arguments
Round 3: Counter-arguments
Round 4: Conclusion

No swearing. Have your argument at a reasonable length (not two sentence responses). Please do not forfeit the debate. I wish my opponent good luck.
Rjupudi18

Pro

I believe Jesus is more peaceful than Muhammad.

First of all, Jesus did not harm or kill anyone. He was a pacifist. On the other hand, Muhammad killed thousands in the name of Islam. While Jesus gave life to people through His miracles and ministry, Muhammad took life through his conquest. Jesus taught his followers (Christians) to love everyone and be good to all people while Muhammad taught his followers (Muslims) to hate non-Muslims and force people to convert to Islam.
RichardDawkinsIsBae

Con

Well first of all, the story that Muhammad ordered the death of Jews. It is common belief that Muhammad did not in fact kill anyone. What I dont think you may understand is that Islam, Catholicism, and Christianity are all very similar in ideology and belief. Also one could argue that Muhammad is actually more peaceful. You see, Muhammad was poisoned, assassinated. Silently and without provocation. Jesus was crucified, not only that he had to suffer an ailment so cruel in order to help mortals evade their sin. In this way we can safely say the Muhammad was in fact more peaceful. Also Muhammad's teachings were not to hate at all. I have never seen such an argument so biased.
Finally, all of Muhammad's wars were to protect his followers and himself. Never to invoke terror and violence. In fact Muhammad even advocated freedom of religion. In which case means that he was never trying to force his opinion on anyone. Which one could argue Jesus attempted to. They do have similarities however, for example they we're both murdered because of blasphemy. They we're both prophets who claim to have direct affiliation with God.
To conclude this, Muhammad is more peaceful based on his ideals not his actions.
Rjupudi18

Pro

Muhammad did not in fact kill anyone". That's the worst lie I've ever heard. It has been historically proven that Muhammad killed and ordered the killing of many people. To say Muhammad didn't kill anyone is like saying Hitler was a pacifist.

Firstly, Catholicism is a part of Christianity. And they're not similar in belief and ideology. Islam and Christianity are as distant as oil and water. They are fundamentally different and they cannot mix. Secondly, you claim Muhammad was more peaceful because he was poisoned while Jesus was crucified? What kind of strange logic is that? How does the way someone dies indicate how peaceful they were. JFK was assassinated in front of thousands of people while Hitler committed suicide in his bunker. Does this make Hitler more peaceful than JfK?

Muhammad's message was a message of hate. The Quran is filled with over 354 verses of violence commanding Muslims to kill Christians and Jews, Tell me one place in the Bible where Jesus commands His followers to kill unbelievers. Finally, they were not both prophets. Muhammad claimed to be a prophet while Jesus claimed to be God the Son. One killed many to save his life and the other died to save many.
Posted by RichardDawkinsIsBae 3 weeks ago
RichardDawkinsIsBae
Yo I wrote my argument and literally forgot to post it. Its been one hell of a week in school, my apologies for that.
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 3 weeks ago
TheRealSpassky101
In the Exodus.

And the Bible was full of verses, a lot more than 342, that out right commands the death of nonbelievers. I am glad of modern morals, otherwise I would be "burnt to the ground."
Posted by Rjupudi18 3 weeks ago
Rjupudi18
Con can you post your argument.
Posted by Rjupudi18 4 weeks ago
Rjupudi18
Can you please provide evidence from the Bible where Jesus orders His followers to kill people? And also evidence where He says people should not save money and other "insane advice"?
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 4 weeks ago
TheRealSpassky101
Actually, Jesus did order the death of people. He also said that people should not save money and a whole bunch of insane advice.
Posted by Rjupudi18 4 weeks ago
Rjupudi18
@TheRealSpassky101 I'm a Christian and I believe Jesus is God. But this debate is not between Christianity and Islam or Christian God and Muslim god. This debate is comparing the person of Jesus and the person of Muhammad. Jesus never killed anyone. Muhammad murdered thousands.
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 4 weeks ago
TheRealSpassky101
I would be glad to debate you on this subject. But according to Muslims, Muhammad is holy, and therefore rectifies his behavior. So you have to come to the conclusion that this debate is pointless or you are being hypocritical to say that Jesus has a reason to kill but not Muhammad. And to show God's cruelty, have you heard of the ten plagues?
Posted by Rjupudi18 4 weeks ago
Rjupudi18
@TheRealSpassky101 It is not possible for God to murder anyone because murder is the injustice killing of a human being. God is the Creator of human beings and He has every right to take the life He has given. What you call "genocide" is the judgement of God towards a wicked nation. Throughout time, God has expressed his just and righteous anger toward evil people. The fact that he used humans to execute His judgement doesn't make it evil. He could've easily used a hurricane or an earthquake instead and the result would be the same. But Jesus commands His followers to not use the sword because unlike God, we are not just and righteous and we have no right to take a fellow human's life. And since God doesn't speak directly to nations as He did in the Old Testament times, we have no excuse of killing others.
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 4 weeks ago
TheRealSpassky101
Jesus claimed to be the God of the Old Testament who killed MILLIONS as opposed to thousands. He also raped women, promoted cannabalism, burnt cities to the ground, ordered genocides, and killed children for the actions of their parents. This is like arguing the existence of gravity. This is pointless when you have the facts and not the sugarcoated cherries that are fed to you.
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 1 month ago
TheRealSpassky101
The real debate should be: Who is more of a psychopath? The Devil or God?

"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."
- Psalm 137:9