Who is the better villain: Lex Luthor or Norman Osborn

In this debate I have challenged Frankosaurus to the topic of who is a better villain: Lex Luthor or Norman Osborn. I will be defending the side of Lex Luthor. My opponent will be defending the Iron Patriot version of Norman Osborn as oppose to the Green Goblin. In round 1 we will each give a description of each of our characters and why we support them.

Lex Luthor is the Evil Genius of the DC universe. He is considered a "power hungry and sadistic villain of pure evil" and lives up to his name. He had an abusive childhood which led him to murder his father . With age he has become more and more ruthless. He sees everyone as a tool to manipulate and has created a company to cover his crimes. He is said to control most of Metropolis. When Superman appeared, he thought that Metropolis replaced him and he vowed to kill him.

I support Lex in this fight. He has created the ultimate battle suit used to fight superman and does a great job doing it. This is considering that brute force like Braniac and Lobo are needed to cause physical pain to him. For this reason I believe that Luthor would win

I have accepted my opponents challenge and am going to defend iron patriot because I believe he would win.

Norman Osborn is the founder of oscorp and the dark avengers. Both are well known to lovers of marvel. He has created a suit of his own based on iron mans suit.
In the next part of the debate I will introduce his weapons, armor, and past to persuade you to join my side.

I shall now let my opponent say why led luthor is the better villain

Lex Luthor contains an arsenal of suits but the powers that constantly appear are as follows:

Superhuman Strength[3][4]
Superhuman Durability[3][4]
Force Field: Generation all across the armor and seemingly unprotected head from the torso of the powered armor.[3] Or as an energy shield from the left gauntlet.[4]
Energy Projection: With varying affects and from varying locations:
Kryptonite energy blasts from the gauntlets.[3]
Green Kryptonite energy generator in right forefinger.[6]
Red Kryptonite energy generator in right middle finger.[6]
Blue Kryptonite energy generator in right ring-finger.[6]
Black Kryptonite energy generator in right pinky finger.[6]
Blue energy from left gauntlet.[4]
Electrical surge generated across the armor.[5]
Energy Blade: Housed in the right gauntlet.[3]
Kryptonite Energy Spikes: Under armor of the right arm.[5]

Here there are plenty of ways in which Lex can defeat Osborn. For a start the suit is capable of causing physical pain to superman which only the strongest in DC are capable of. This gives a big advantage to Lex. The Patriot suit is no where near as strong as that. Also Kryptonite blasts are extremely dangerous to everyone as well as superman. He has a energy blade which is extremely powerful and of course his energy spikes. This gives Lex Long and short range attack to take Osborn down with. It does not matter. Also the battle suit has taken hits from Braniac and again Superman so I am sure he could take a few from Osborn, not to mention his forcefields that are available to him as well. The iron man suits were not able to fight the hulk who's base strength is far less than Superman and Braniac's. Even an armour Stark developed to fight the hulk (Hulkbuster) could not beat him. I feel this shows that Lex has a better chance in terms of weapons.

A past version of Lex Luthor was an orange Lantern as well who's rings are powered by avarice (Greed and desire of power/money) which Lex is in plentiful supply of. There is no way Osborn would be able to take on a Lantern who is capable of creating any construct he wants along with the following:

Orange Energy Blasts: The ring can be used to fire blasts of orange energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. The ring can project beams of force powered by the will of the user. The weapons power is more an indication of the greed of the user.
Force-Field: The ring can create various force fields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him. With the cosmic scope of a Orange Lantern's abilities, it is only natural that the power ring is designed for operation in space. The ring creates a force-field around the wearer, protecting him/her/it from the hazards of the void including filtration of stellar radiation and microscopic particulate matter which would ordinarily be fatal should the space debris strike the ring wielder at high speeds. An atmosphere appropriate to the ring wielder's biology is created inside the force-field, body temperature is maintained and waste products are removed. Gravitational stresses which could cause injury are stabilized for the ring wielder. Theoretically, a ring wielder could use the ring as his/her/its sole source of life support.
Energy Absorption: The Orange rings have have the unique ability to absorb the constructs of other ring wielders. The power is so great that even constructs made by the likes of the Guardians of the Universe can be absorbed. It seems as though no form of energy is exempt from this ability as they also can absorb magic.
Extremely-High Energy Charge-Limit: An Orange Lantern Ring can charge a maximum of 100,000% energy level by charging from an Orange Power Battery, this gives it a energy level worlds beyond any other Lantern Corps Ring.
Identity Usurpation: Identity theft acts as the sole "recruitment method" of the Orange Lantern Corps. If a Orange lantern consumes the body of another it can steal the identity or ring.
Energy Avatar: Agent Orange is capable of creating avatar Orange Lanterns of the beings he kills, literally stealing their identity postmortem. This avatar is avarice corrupted version of its former self, possessing no thought pattern besides the insatiable greed. In all other circumstances they act as individual but collective soldiers to Agent Orange, as they are an extension of his power.

I feel that in an offensive state Luthor would defeat Osborn as a result of this. I do understand that Osborn could be considered a more insane villain but Lex has his fair share of insanity as well in fact he is considered criminally insane.

I also believe that Luthor is a better villain in general. He is far smarter than Osborn and his technology is on par with that on Apokolips. He has brilliant schemes and plots to get his way, an example of this would be the time he cheated his way to Presidency whereas Osborn just wants to kill. With Osborn everything is in black and white but Luthor always gives you something new. He is probably the most recognisable villain after the Joker and Loki.

I will now let my opponent make his argument

My opponent makes a good argument. Although iron patriot doesn't have near enough equipment, he is significantly smaller and more agile.

It is unclear to me the powers of the iron patriot. But I realize that it is thought to be based off of the iron man model 29 because it had to be made after tony got injected with extremis. If it was, the powers would be repulsors, uni-beam and sonics. Concussion blasts. Zero-point energy.

These may not be as powerful as any of the beams, except from the zero point energy which can manipulate or freeze mater into one position. This can be used to manipulate lex.

He was firstly the green goblin. Which was a serum which gave him powers such as strength, stamina, and reflexes.

It was also believed that he kept his green goblin powers when he wasn't under the influence of the serum. This means that if lex destroyed the suit, he can attack on his own. As he is in his armor, he would have advanced reflexes and healing.

Osborn is also extremely intelegent. Intelegent enough to make robots that not only can attack, but can be reasoned with. Some would say that robots that can be reasoned with aren't as effective. But this is just suggesting that he is extremely smart and a great engineer. His suit also has hammer tech which is in top three technology businesses. Norman will also have upgraded the armor or the shields to be better.

Lex has basic hand to hand combat. Where as norman has advanced hand to hand combat. Without the aid of a suit, he can lift up to 9 tons. With the suit he can lift over 100 tons. This also means that without the suits, Norman will win.

I will start the third and final round by saying this. From the marvel wiki ( it says that it was only ever suggested that it was the armour Norman Osborn used and was never confirmed. And to counter the zero-point tech, Norman Osborn would have to hit Luthor to manipulate him with it and to do that he would have to get past the Force-Fields. You also said that Norman would beat Luthor without any equipment which I agree with but I do find it a weak argument. We are discussing who is the better villain and at most times a villain would be using his equipment. Since they are also both in buisness so I find it unlikely they would even fight outside of there respective armour. You also said that Norman Osborn was extremely intelligent but Luthor is definitely smarter. Like I said before Luthor's tech is on par with Apokolips which is billions of years ahead of earth. And because of the sheer strength that comes with Luthor's armour and the amazing durability, Osborn would never be able to defeat him. You said he founded the Dark Avengers. Not nearly as impressive as Luthor leading America. I will now let my opponent to make his final statement. And to the voters, thank you for reading and I hope you vote for Pro. If you vote for Con then you are awesome anyway.

I will start the final part of this debate NY saying that it was an honor working with pro.
I would like to say that although it does say that it was suggested on marvel wiki that it was mark 29, they had reasons such as resemblance, size, and that it was the type that wasn't adjusted to the extremis.

I would also like to say that even if lex has superior force fields (which we don't know), zero point energy can also be used as a shield or forcefield. As demonstrated when tony stark created a zero point energy shield for captain america. this would make it easier to defend.

Pro also stated that advanced combat doesn't make a good point. I dissagree, for lex has tried to defeat batman and night wing, in which he failed. I am just stating that hand to hand will be used at some point during a battle.

Another point is that one thing not mentioned on the marvel wiki is that they took out Jarvis. They kept as much as they could, unless they didn't know how it worked. He also has voice recognition. The interface inside the arm our would be able to find possible weak points, and his reflexes would counter a few of lex's moves.

I will now leave it to the public to vote. I hope you choose con
May the best man win
Posted by DCMarvel9 2 years ago
Thanks toamatt26! You make some very good points. And yes, Batman is the greatest ever.
Posted by toamatt26 2 years ago
WARNING: The next comment is biased towards DC comics because of the fact that it contains Batman. The greatest superhero ever. Dont take this into consideration when voting ^^
______________________________________Everything that is passed this line take into consideration when voting.

What you guys didn't take into consideration are the superheroes that each of the villians fight.

Lex Luthor - Superman
Norman Osborn - Iron Man.

As you guys probably know, Superman is immortal. He is from krypton and is invincible on Earth. Due to Superman's extreme advantage over Lex Luthor, Luthor often finds an ingenious technique to evade all of Superman's attacks. Lex Luthor started as an orphan and became one of the richest people in the DC universe. Norman Osborn is not nearly as wealthy as Luthor.

Due to Luthor's geniusness, he created items of mass destruction which could wipe Norman out. Statistically, Superman is "man of steel" and in comparison to iron man, steel contains many more elements and compounds which makes it more durable than iron man. In a survey provided by IGN, Lex Luthor was ranked the 2nd best villian in the Marvel/DC universe, while Norman Osborn was very far behind.

As you can see, Lex Luthor is better. I agree and am thankful for DCMarvel9 for supporting Lex Luthor.