EccentricSenator314
DESTROYERZV

Who is to blame for Global Warming? (Pro: Nature Con: Man)

EccentricSenator314

Pro

Do you guys remember the Ice Age??? The planet has been freezing and warming at extreme temperatures for thousands of years, how is this now all-of-a-sudden man's fault!!??? Don't get me wrong, the Industrial Revolution had to've had some sort of an impact on the ozone layer, but mankind is not entirely to blame for the hotter summers and warmer winters, there's more to this issue than blaming and shaming our way of life!!!!!
DESTROYERZV

Con

For over 950 years, Earth's global temperature has never passed a certain limit. In the past ten years, we have passed that limit and went far above it. How is this caused by nature, when we are repeating no pattern ever shown in history... By mankind's pollution of our atmosphere, we are increasing the amount of greenhouse gases drastically. This doesn't happen by nature. Sure, sometimes the level of greenhouse gases increases, however, naturally, they would never come up to this level. Without mankind, the Earth wouldn't be experiencing global warming this drastically.
EccentricSenator314

Pro

So it was man who caused the Ice Age, then??? I'm sorry, I cannot bring myself to accept such a silly theory, as in that point in time, we were mere hunter/gatherers, we could not have plausibly affected the temperature so drastically at that point... The Industrial Revolution hurt the ozone layer, as did the Automobile Revolution, but man is not entirely to blame for the change in temperature, as the Earth's temperature has experienced rapid changes for thousands and thousands and thousands of years. I can agree to disagree and throw a dog a bone here, we need more energy efficient solutions like Fracking to wean us of our dependance on fossil fuels...
DESTROYERZV

Con

It is true that man is not entirely the cause of global warming. Lots of plants release methane into the air while decomposing which cause the atmosphere to heat up, and water vapor is technically a green house gas as well. Technically speaking, nature is helping Earth along in its path to global warming. However, mankind is releasing way more of these greenhouse gases than ever. Methane concentration levels in our atmosphere have increased by 145%, which wouldn't happen naturally. Because mankind is cutting down trees and polluting the environment, we are just imitating what happens naturally just more drastically. Also, in history CO2 was not the cause of the global warming. Now, however, CO2 is leading the warming. Yes, you may argue that this heating and cooling of the Earth is caused naturally, because that is true. However, nowadays global warming is being caused mostly by an increase of CO2 since 1750. This breaks from the natural cycle of ice ages and warmth. Ice ages occur generally every 100,000 years, and right now, it is true, we are in a warm period. However, in history, the Earth was never this warm.
EccentricSenator314

Pro

While I don't think Nature alone could bring the methane concentration levels up to 145%, I also don't find it plausible to say that man played the greater role in this. Global Warming really became a major cause for concern 10 or 15 years ago, was CO2 not the cause 10-15 years ago??? (FYI they weren't concerned with the impact humans had on the environment back in 1750, they were just excited to finally discover what that strange thing called The Atmosphere was...) And was it never really this warm??? Because there are still archives of 'hottest day on record', that hail from the 1900's...
DESTROYERZV

Con

DESTROYERZV forfeited this round.
EccentricSenator314

Pro

You forfeit, you selfish bourgeois Liberal, and do you know why!!??? Because you don't REALLY care about the planet, you only care about a clean place to live, your own habitat, you're worried that someday in the future YOU might be personally inconvenienced!!! The planet has been here 4 1/2 billion years, we've been here for 200,000 years, and we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And you have the gall to somehow think that WE'RE a threat!!??? The planet has been through a hell of a lot worse than us!!!!! Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...and you mean to tell me that you think that some plastic bags, some styrofoam, and some aluminum cans are gonna to make a frickin' difference!!??? Frickin' kiddin' me!!!!!
DESTROYERZV

Con

DESTROYERZV forfeited this round.
EccentricSenator314

Pro

EccentricSenator314 forfeited this round.
DESTROYERZV

Con

DESTROYERZV forfeited this round.
Posted by EccentricSenator314 1 year ago
EccentricSenator314
So what happened 2,000 has 0 effect on the environment in the long term, 4 1/2 billion years of damage and natural catastrophes didn't put the slightest dent in the environment!!??? You deny that nuclear testing in the 1940's/1950's (Along with the nukes dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945...) had ANY effect on the environment or the ozone layer!!??? What in the actual f*ck, wind-powered batteries, like the corn-fueled cars Obama promised us!!!??? Lmao it's hard for me to Lisen 2 you, for you have no Reason... Explain to me how a thermal battery or a "wave" battery operate or I'm going to dismiss this as hocus and screenshot for all to lol at... In my belief, Fracking is the way forward when it comes to more efficient energy (Of coarse, you're going to automatically dismiss it on the basis that it's a "Conservative thing", and then try bombarding me with links to biased Liberal websites...) If you think you're such a genius and love blue and Democrats so much, why not go down under on Hillary Clinton!!??? 1. I know you wanna... 2. It's more productive than arguing with somebody who will never see your side of the argument.....
Posted by Lisen2Reason 1 year ago
Lisen2Reason
@EccentricSenator3143: I dont care what happend 2000 years ago I dont care what happend 2 million years ago what I care about Is having air that all life can breath freely without choking, Now ill go to your argument "What happens if its not windy out, no power." never brought up wind power but well talk about reusable energy wind turbines collect energy from wind in batteries and can provide energy for along time regardless of wind or not but that doesn't matter you could use solar panels. If there is no sun it doesn't matter they also collect energy but you could also use thermal power or wave power the list goes on there are many alternatives to coal/oil that could help in rebuilding the ozone layer but that is all irreverent because people are to used to oil/coal gas etc etc that they wont care about reusable energy until they cant breath because they destroyed their own environment maybe even then because of ignorant conservatives in Washington that bock any notion of progress and are so thick in their own beliefs that they dont care about everybody else..
EccentricSenator314
@Lisen2Reason: What I interpret from your arguments here: You believe that human beings should recycle the pollution we emit (i.e. Smelling your own farts), you also have the ego of an anime villain and think that you know more than everybody else, you know best, everybody else is a dumb helpless Shill... DO tell me more about your cars that run on corn though and the benefits of windmill-generated electricity (What happens if it's not windy out, no power!!??? You're nuts!!!!!) Care about reducing emissions??? Call your Representative and voice your support for Fracking (Cleaner energy, and it weans our dependence on Middle Eastern oil, while also ensuring that Russian oil doesn't fill the gap). Reread the argument, the planet has been f**ked by many natural disasters throughout history: Earthquakes, volcanoes, monsoons, asteroids and meteorites pounding the s**t out of the planet, plate tectonics, rapid warming/cooling phenomenon known as "ice age": 4 1/2 billion years of natural disaster and catastrophe befell this planet, we've been involved in heavy industry for a little over 200 years. Do the math, Shill: If somebody hit you in the face 200 times, there'd be blood and bruises, but, assuming you're young, you'll likely recover. Now say somebody hit you 4 1/2 billion times in the face, you'll be like Muammar Gaddafi, they'd've whooped your a** to death!!!!! So...your argument boils down to blaming 4 1/2 billion years of damage on some plastic bags; you're a Shill, and you only care about maintaining a clean habitat for your enjoyment!!! The country has much more pressing issues at-hand, to be getting this worked-up about a clean habitat!!!!!
Posted by Lisen2Reason 1 year ago
Lisen2Reason
I care about a clean planet for all life to live and exist, Clean energy does not only mean a more livable planet it means more jobs less money spent on energy requirements and more on things that matter like heath/education. I understand if you would prefer if we all ended up like china and choke in poisonous gases all day but hey thats all you id prefer if all animals and humans plants etc.. could live without being choked by acidic gases from pollution oh and mans pollution heat the planet and the ocean which means a lot of dead fish oh and also lets not forget those frozen methane deposits at the bottom of the ocean that would melt and release gases into the atmosphere at an enormous level volcanoes and earthquakes and what ever you said would be the least of our worries but i guess us crazy people should stick with our aluminum cars and renewable energy and i only care about the inconvenience of choking to death by smog or getting extreme cancer from the sun due to the lake of an ozone layer or maybe drowning to death from a rising ocean but hey thats just me.
EccentricSenator314
@Lisen2Reason: You selfish bourgeois Liberal, you don't REALLY care about the planet, you only care about a clean place to live, your own habitat, you're worried that someday in the future YOU might be personally inconvenienced!!! The planet has been here 4 1/2 billion years, we've been here for 200,000 years, and we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And you have the gall to somehow think that WE'RE a threat!!??? The planet has been through a hell of a lot worse than us!!!!! Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...and you mean to tell me that you think that some plastic bags, some styrofoam, and some aluminum cans are gonna to make a frickin' difference!!??? Frickin' kiddin' me!!!!!
Posted by Lisen2Reason 1 year ago
Lisen2Reason
Both really more man than nature... well much more man than nature the earth is know to go through great periods of global warming and cooling every few hundred thousand years or so or a few million but we humans have sped up the process but releasing mas amounts of Co2 and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere blocking the sun with big plums of gas traping heat on the planet.
EccentricSenator314
Name-calling won't change the fact that you're wrong on this subject, if it's proven fact then everybody agrees and there is no debate (False, this has been a "thing" for 15 years, now!!!!! The side that slams man just whines and points fingers, typically they suggest no action or vague responses like "Green energy!!!" without proposing a solution. Your blunt denial of the Ice Age, and the fact that the Earth has frozen and warmed for thousands and thousands and thousands of years, makes you the ignorant Shill here, not me; America has too many urgent problems to be worrying about what might happen to the environment in 200+ years from now... Care about greener solutions and reducing our dependency on foreign oil!!??? Then do SOMETHING productive and research Fracking.....
Posted by Bocaj1000 1 year ago
Bocaj1000
Humanity is the cause of global warming. This is a proven fact, and ignorance cannot change that.
EccentricSenator314
My reason in debating this: All animals (Humans included) have contributed, to various degrees (Animals emit greenhouse gasses, so does Man, Man still caused the Industrial Revolution...), to Global Warming. Our Earth also has a penchant for rapidly freezing and warming every few thousand years (Man is not to blame for that, Nature takes coarse there...). It is very,very,very unlikely that Global Warming and the change in temperature will destroy Earth within our lifetime, or the next generation's. As such, I feel that it is not a major (Or minor) cause for concern. I feel that reforming the tax code, imposing a Flat Tax, addressing income inequality in America, repealing Obamacare, balancing the budget, ending the Drug War, destroying the nuclear deal with Iran, ousting War criminal Bashar al-Assad, and destroying ISIS are all more urgent and important issues facing the United States right now than Global Warming. Do you really want to know why Republicans don't really care about "Global Warming"!!??? It's been reported on CNN: Scientists and Astronomers in Australia have discovered a new Super Earth (Wolf 1061)!!!!! By the time my children are on their deathbeds and "Global Warming" is about to destroy the planet, society will have made a move to Wolf 1061, and it won't freakin' matter. I believe that Global Warming is more of Nature's fault than Man's fault, I believe that it will not destroy the planet (And if it does end up destroying the planet, I do not believe that it will destroy planet Earth within my lifetime...), and I believe that if Global Warming were real, the way around it is finding a way to move humanity to the Super Earth Wolf 1061!!!!!
http://www.cnn.com...
Posted by PTW 1 year ago
PTW
Lets put it like this, mankind is not a good influence upon this blue planet!. The dinosaurs ruled for 180+/- million years, with apparently no global warming to speak of, then along came a comet/asteroid and ended that!. The only way this planet and the innocent creatures will survive is the destruction of humanity!!.