SJS
whosawhat64

Who made a better Spiderman girl - Mary Jane Watson(pro) or Gwen Stacy(con)?

whosawhat64

SJS

Pro

Mary Jane Watson made a better spiderman girl because she was the original damsel in distress who should not be thrown out from that title. Take Home Alone for instance, the 90' movie that is still treasured to this day. Kevin, the kid is played by Macaulay Culkin, the original guy. After he did drugs and whatsoever, they kicked him out of the show and replaced him with other not-so-great actors, making the show started to go downhill. Sound framilliar?

Gwen Stacy on the other hand, I think the reason why people like her is because she is portrayed by notorious Emma Stone. Other than that, I don't think they have a good argument against.
whosawhat64

Con

Good day sir!
As a comic book expert I can assure you that I can give a great debate on this topic. But after reading your post and the comment, I am afraid your logic is invalid. You see, when she first appeared in The Amazing Spider-man #25, Mary Jane did not take a liking to Peter Parker (Spider-man) and did not date him (or marry him, as she did later). Six issues later, we meet Gwen Stacy, somebody peter can actually date and take liking to. She is also very modest when compared to Mary Jane.
I hope you give good counter measures against me, or else this debate would be too easy.
SJS

Pro

Good day to you too.

I didn't read the comics.
whosawhat64

Con

Then I am sorry to say this.
Your argument is invalid. But there is still hope for you! Go to Google, type in your place of residence and search for "Local Comic Stores." You need professional help, so the internet will only give you information, not an opinion.
SJS

Pro

SJS forfeited this round.
whosawhat64

Con

whosawhat64 forfeited this round.
SJS

Pro

SJS forfeited this round.
whosawhat64

Con

whosawhat64 forfeited this round.
SJS

Pro

SJS forfeited this round.
whosawhat64

Con

Sorry. I have been out of town for a while and wasn't able to post anything.
I have been a fan of Spider-man since I was only 3, so it's not surprising that you don't know much. But remember, read the comics, and never trust the movies.
Posted by whosawhat64 3 years ago
whosawhat64
Out of town. Sorry.
But really, read the comics.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
Ok... So that just happened
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Well that did not go so well.
Posted by The_Scapegoat_bleats 3 years ago
The_Scapegoat_bleats
So wait ... you are discussing the movies here? And never read the comics, right?

Sorry, you have no idea what you're talking about then. I thought this was a comicbook debate.

Please, people, do your one job right: Write a proper resolution!

What a sad waste of time.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
SJSwhosawhat64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Not enough meat in the debate to weight arguments; there's basically only a couple fallacies (appeals to tradition, which girl he kissed first or whatever)... However con forfeited less.