havena
Travniki

Who should Israel/Palestine belong to? I personally think it belongs to the Palestinians

Travniki

havena

Pro

When Palestine belonged to the Palestinians it was a holy land for all major religions, Jews, Christians and Muslims all lived together in a place peacefully. I'm not saying the Jews do not belong in Palestine, they do have a right to a certain land, but ever since it has belonged to the Jews, war are erupted and has overcome the feeling of peace in a holy land.
Travniki

Con

I agree that Israel has caused a lot of conflict, and a lot of it was preventable. I will argue that that Israel has the right to exist as a Jewish State, in the area is occupies today.

The Holocaust

The events of WWII were very important in leading to the creation of Israel in 1948. After witnessing the horrors of the holocaust, the United Nations felt the creation of the State of Israel was justified. There were hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees coming from varies liberated concentration camps, and with their homes destroyed and families lost, there was an enormous issue of where to put these victims, lost and alone in the middle of a continent that still experienced large amounts of anti-semitism. The state of Israel was created in the place it is today, because many Zionists had already owned huge tracks of land there, and it was the only permanent home the Jewish Nation has ever known.

This argument is very sweet and all, but it can be dismissed quite easily if the area Israel was meant to occupy was owned by Palestinians, or infringed the inalienable human rights of Palestinians in its creation. This brings me to my next question:

Who's land was it in the first place?

I think it's interesting to point out that Palestinians did not own the track of land now known as Israel immediately before the creation of Israel in 1948. It was owned by the British, who were going to barter it off to Jordan and Egypt. That is to say, even without the creation of Israel, Palestinians were not going to have their own country. However with enormous pressure from Western Countries sympathizing with the bruised Jewish Survivors of the world, a plan was put forward to create a Jewish State, and a Palestinian State, side by side. In other words, the land now known as Israel was given to the Jews by the nations of the world.

The promised Arab and Jewish state never happened though, immediately after the British left the area, Israel was attacked by foreign armies, and has been fighting for its existence ever since.

Both sides have made horrendous decisions, many Jewish and Arab children have been lost in many pointless wars. The Gaza Strip is little more than a concentration camp, and the Hamas are little more than a guerrilla force, ruling Palestinians by fear.

I will not argue that Israel has a right to Golem Heights, or to Mount Sinai, but the State of Israel is justified in its existence, and belongs to the Arab and Jewish Israeli's who live there today.
havena

Pro

Another genocide will not fix another one and that exactly what is happening to the Palestinians. The palestinians agreed to give the Jews a settlement in their country but how do they thank them? By killing them and taking their land, what the Israeli army does to the Palestinians is disgusting, they are creating another concentration camp in their homeland. Palestine has been a holy land for all major religions in the world throughout centuries hence why it's such a wanted land.
Travniki

Con

I said this in my last round to prevent the rant you just said. I'm not engaging in a "ISRAELIES ARE OCCUPYING NAZI MONSTERS DEBATE"

I was really hoping for more nuance than that. It also has little to do with the resolution.
havena

Pro

havena forfeited this round.
Travniki

Con

Expected.
Posted by havena 4 years ago
havena
No, there has always been violence all over the world throughout the ages, I never stated that as soon as Israel became a part of Palestine that violence occurred, I stated that as soon as Palestine became the State of Israel a war has broken out.
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
So the crux of this argument is that there was no violence in the middle east before Israel "came"....
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
you should probably say which side you support before someone trolls this thread
Vote Placed by Ixaax 4 years ago
Ixaax
havenaTravnikiTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Opening statement for CON very strong.