Who should be on the next 10$ bill? (PRO/CON Doesn't matter in this debate)

If you havn't heard the treasury is replacing Alexander Hamilton, the nation's first secretary of the treasury for a woman, My debate is who should the woman pictured on the bill be?

Rules: 1) It must be a woman
2) She must have made an extraordinary impact on society in some way and might have accompliced alot regarding womens rights

R1) Acceptance
R2-3-4) Debate
R5) Conclusion

Hey I Accept. I would like to get started right away if we could. Thanks!

I will start by saying I believe Rosie the Rivitor should be put on the 10$ bill

1) She was a major influence for woman in WWII and continues to be an icon for those who worked hard during that time and womans equality to men in the workplace. I will save the rest of my arguement for round 3 as I do not have much time now...

I believe Rosa Parks should be featured on the $10 dollar bill.

She was a HUGE influence in black rights when she refused to give up her seat to a white person. Without her inspiration things may not be the way they are today. She is a very important symbol of the civil rights movement. Ill save the rest for round 3 as well.

Rosie should be posted on the new 10$ bill because she is one of the most infamous cultural icons of the 20th century, Rosie although a fictitious character represented on a poster that said "YOU CAN DO IT" was a very inspirational figure based on Michigan factory worker Geraldine Doyle in 1942. Rosie is so impressive a character that she is said to be "representing the six million women who entered the workforce for the first time during World War II" ( Woman in this time were for the first time going and working in factories to support their husbands in the war effort. She was Painted for the cover of the May 29, 1943 edition of The Saturday Evening Post, (below "WE CAN DO IT")

She represented the common woman worker stomping on "Mein Kampf" under her feet and casually eating her sandwich, if you notice not without style with her nails, lips, and hair done, representing woman can still retain their femininity...

Hey I would like to start by saying great debate so far!
Now ill start.

If we put Rosie the Riveter on the 10 dollar bill, what's next? Bugs Bunny? U.S currency should only have non-fictional characters like Rosa Parks. She helped sculpt the great country America the way it is today, a free, non-racial country.
A quote from her I find very inspirational is "I believe there is only one race- the human race. She is not afraid to stand out and fight for what's right.

First of all Rosie the Riveter is based on an actual person, that had just as much as an impact on society in the U.S. as Rosa Parks.

For example, the U.S. civil rights movement was bound to happen, regardless of if Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat many other figures in history made moves to free black people and any other minority from oppression. In fact she is very similer in the fact that she lead the way into changing history, but did/or was able to do very little about the actuall situation.

and finally Yes, actually Bugs Bunney, Spongebob, Barack Obama, etc... are all posted on actual currency it is called Celebrity-Cash and has been llegal sience 1967!

SpongeBob SquarePants Dollar Bill (color)

(Actual Currency!!!)

DevinBoxler20 forfeited this round.

BurningCriticism forfeited this round.

DevinBoxler20 forfeited this round.
Posted by BurningCriticism 1 year ago

I know right?!?!?

Posted by Scratch 1 year ago
It must be a woman???

How discriminating!! :)
Posted by DevinBoxler20 1 year ago
I have a great woman in mind but he wont take his turn. @bogcha
Posted by Bogcha 1 year ago
Wooh looking forward to this debate. Lets have a good one. :)
Posted by Preston 1 year ago
someone should argue Professor Mcgonagall
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 11 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Pro. Con forfeited R4 and R5, whereas Pro merely forfeited R5. Forfeits are poor acts in any debate, and due to Con forfeiting more, his points are deducted more. S&G - Tie. Both had minor spelling and grammatical issues throughout the debate. I highly recommend utilizing the spell check feature here before posting your rounds just to be safe. Arguments - Pro. With con's forfeit, Pro was left standing unchallenged. Furthermore, Pro was able to overcome each rebuttal presented by Con. For this reason, Pro wins arguments. Sources - Pro. Con failed to utilize sources within this debate whereas Pro did. Pro wins this debate.