Fuzz_Face
Danielle

Who should be president Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump

Danielle

Fuzz_Face

Pro

I will be voting for Trump. One reason is because China and Russia are gaining on the US quickly, Trump will most likely be keeping a close eye on them and give more money to research projects to be ahead.
Danielle

Con

My opponent has the burden of proof in this debate, and has only posted a single argument.

(Therefore I will be expending little effort in this debate myself.)

Pro believes that Trump would better prepare the U.S. to compete with Russia and China. He claims that Trump will "give more money" to research projects. However Pro has not proven this would likely be the case. On the contrary, Donald Trump promises to balance the budget and promote private enterprise. He identifies as a capitalist [1] meaning he does not believe in government funded programs, but rather private businesses investing in research.

Pro must prove that Trump's policy includes advancing the U.S. research and technology through government measures. He must also explain how Trump plans to pay for it, and why this is the single biggest factor that makes Trump more qualified to be POTUS than Clinton.

As a libertarian, I am not a Hillary Clinton fan and I do not love her policy proposals. However Hillary would make a better POTUS than Trump. First, Clinton has a ton of political experience; she has more experience than her husband did when he was elected president. This experience has provided invaluable exposure to politicking and how to get ahead in Washington to implement one's agenda.

On the other hand, Donald Trump is crass and hard to get along with. Many in his own party hate him and fear he has/will ruin the GOP [2]. We have no reason to assume that other politicians would be ready and willing to work with Donald Trump. Meanwhile, Hillary is a conniving snake in the grass who knows how to get ahead and get her way. Therefore she would be better equipped at dealing with others, both foreign and domestic, and securing the best interest for most Americans.

Hillary is a social liberal who does not seek to take away people's guns, while still supporting abortion, same sex marriage and diversity. Meanwhile, Trump is an authoritarian who is xenophobic, hostile to gay rights and women's right to bodily autonomy, and arguably a little racist. In fact he's called for Unconstitutional measures to ban Muslim from entering the U.S. He's also suggested that an American-born judge might be too biased to perform their job based on their family's ancestry. So many things about Trump's position are contrary to positive values for America.

Furthermore, Trump's economic plan has been called impossible [3]. He is opposed to free trade and wants to increase tension with China by raising taxes on Chinese imports. This would be bad for consumers by raising the prices on cheap goods. Trump, however, seems concerned with his own interests and his own ego. He doesn't care how ill advised or ill prepared he is; his arrogance and bravado trumps (pun intended) his reason and ability to work with others.

[1] http://abcnews.go.com...
[2] http://www.salon.com...
[3] https://www.washingtonpost.com...
Fuzz_Face

Pro

I would like to say how talented you are at this and for that I congratulate you. I forfeit.
Danielle

Con

Many thanks to my opponent for his kind words and graceful concession.
Posted by ThinkBig 11 months ago
ThinkBig
It is rare for a debater to honorably concede to their opponent. For these reasons, I congratulate both debaters.
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 11 months ago
ThinkBig
Fuzz_FaceDanielleTied
Reasons for voting decision: I am giving pro the conduct point for his honorable forfeit. As pro forfeited, I am giving Danielle the arguments point by default.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 11 months ago
fire_wings
Fuzz_FaceDanielleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession