Tacofighter
Hylian_3000

Who should be the main character in street fighter

Started: 12/19/2014 Category: Games

Tacofighter

Pro

Con: Ken
Pro: Ryu

Ryu Should be the Main character because he is the most played character and his hadooken is stronger than Kens by a lot. Many people consider Ryu as the main character anyways.
Hylian_3000

Con

Since my opponent has argued in round 1 I will do so also.

1. Gameplay
While neither is better than eachother in general, Ken is easier to learn. Ryu and Ken have pretty much the same move set, however Ken is a lot easier for newbies to play as. His Tatsumaki hits multiple times and is very effective, it can also be easily linked into a H Shoryuken. Ken is a fast, aggressive character who easily executes combos. Most of his attacks are fast paced and hit multiple times (Heavy Shoryuken, Tatsumaki, etc.) He also compliments most newbie strategy, the overwhelm/button mash strategy. Although Ryu can be used very effectively, he relies on timing attacks and punishing, which a lot of newbies don't want to think about.

2. Personality
Ken has a much more vivid personality then Ryu. Ryu is your typical serious, goody-goody protagonist. Ken is not evil, but he's a lot more likable then Ryu. Ken has a big ego and he is an unorthodox, unpredictable fighter. He claims to be the number 1 fighter in America, which is a pretty bold statement. Instead of providing helping advice to his opponents, he taunts them. Evidence of this is his win quotes, such as "Get up! It's to easy for you to be defeated!" and "Challenge me after some practice!" His taunts are also show his personality; "Ugh, is that seriously all you can do?" "If you can't hit me, why bother attacking?" and "Get in the game, man."

Rebuttals:

Pro states the reason why Ryu should be considered the main character is because his Hadoken is stronger. While this is true, Ken's gameplay is more compatible with newbies (as stated in argument 1), and his Hadoken is effective too.

Pro also says that Ryu should be the main character since he is considered the main character anyway. We are debating about who SHOULD be the main character, we don't need to know what people think already.

Round 2, FIGHT!!

======================
[1] http://streetfighter.wikia.com...
[2] http://streetfighter.wikia.com...
Tacofighter

Pro

Tacofighter forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

All points extended
Tacofighter

Pro

Tacofighter forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

Hylian_3000 forfeited this round.
Tacofighter

Pro

Tacofighter forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

All points extended
Tacofighter

Pro

Tacofighter forfeited this round.
Hylian_3000

Con

My points still stand, as Pro failed to rebut them.

Vote Con!
Posted by Hylian_3000 2 years ago
Hylian_3000
Just an intresting comment. I actually like Ryu more than ken, but I felt like debating this topic.