ILikePie5
TheDeathOmen

Who should be the next President of the United States? Donald Trump(Pro)......Hillary Clinton(Con)

TheDeathOmen has forfeited round #2.

ILikePie5

Pro

Hello all! I am I favor of Mr. Donald J. Trump becoming the President of the United States. I believe that Hillary Clinton is a lying corrupt criminal. I will argue for Mr. Trump and Con will argue for Clinton. Thank You, and I hope this will be good debate. Please no trolling or rude behavior. Citations should be used if can. Good Luck to Con!

The format of this debate is as follows:

Round 1: Acceptance Only
Round 2: Arguments....NO REBUTTALS
Round 3: Rebuttals and Arguments
Round 4: Rebuttals/Conclusion
Report this Argument
TheDeathOmen

Con

Hello, personally I was a Bernie Sanders supporter, but now that he has effectively ended his campaign by endorsing Clinton. Who has always been my close second candidate, I will not back down on supporting her now. I hope to have a good debate with you, and I wish you luck.
ILikePie5

Pro

I wish Con good luck and hope we can have a good debate as well! Some of my contentions will come from a previous debate against a troll.

Contention 1: Mr. Trump is not a politically correct person. He sees and tells the truth the way it is and is non political correctness is approved by many Americans.[1] By being politically correct, issues cannot get solved, like the issue of Radical Islam and the issue of Illegal Immigration. Muslims must be banned in order to prevent more terrorist attacks in the United States. As for current Muslim citizens, there should be a registered database for them. For Illegal Immigration, the illegals came here ILLEGALY. They broke the law to get here and they should be punished by being deported. There is no need to be politically correct and say children would be separated from mothers. They should've thought about that before coming to the U.S. Illegally. It just proves that many people think that America is stupid and won't enforce immigration laws. And what does Hillary propose? Amnesty for all illegals which is ridiculous.[2]A wall must be built to stop all of these illegal aliens from coming and ruining lives of Americans. The wall would only cost about 17 billion dollars.[3]This is within the margin of the 58 billion trade deficit America has with Mexico.[4] The next round is for rebuttals and second contention.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com...

https://www.hillaryclinton.com...

http://m.imgur.com...

https://ustr.gov...

In the next round, I will say why Hillary Clinton wouldn't be a good POTUS.
Posted by DavidMancke 7 months ago
DavidMancke
I see what you mean about specifics, which is why I look to the tenor and tone of Trump to evaluate him. He is selling attitude so it's on that we base our buying decisions.

To be fair though, the liberal candidates have been more specific, favoring things like minimum wage increases for example. Raising the minimum wage is a policy and we can debate or test it's merits. There is less substance offered by Trump compared to Clinton at least in this example.

Hell yeah we can be friends, and actually I should apologize. It's a bit undignified of me to wax so adversarial, especially given our age difference.

You're ahead of the game at your age just by taking interest in this election. And if you stay with the craft of debate by time you are in college you will be crushing people.
Posted by ILikePie5 7 months ago
ILikePie5
And tbh, none of the candidates have any detailed plan of how to do things.
Posted by ILikePie5 7 months ago
ILikePie5
I have no idea about Nixon or McGovern. Some of his policies make sense and some don't in my opinion. And I am not 19, I am 14, so you are probably more intellectual in the case of taxes and stuff cause I don't do any of that....yet... I apologize for any and all rude comments I have made towards you...I hope we can be friends, for you are a good debater...

Thank You
Posted by DavidMancke 7 months ago
DavidMancke
Okay, but you have not achieve your goal in the slightest. My point is simple and robustly supported here. Trump should be rejected out of hand due to the attitudes he appeals to. I would vote for Lil' Bub or Grumpy cat before Trump.

You seem to feel Hillary is very corrupt. So le me offer a parallel. If the election were Nixon versus McGovern in 1972 who would you vote for?
Posted by DavidMancke 7 months ago
DavidMancke
As I stated, the problem with that portion is that is lacks any enforcement, it's just a general idea. This one is especially bad because it is opt-in. You have to elect to repatriate your cash and pay the fee. Anyone that can survive without doing it will. It doesn't penalize safe-havens like the ones highlighted recently in the Panama papers. It does ban capital flight. It' doesn't remotely address the TPP. It's largely vacuous and there is no enforcement. This is not policy, this is generic idea peddling. Same for "close the loopholes" Which ones? How? Time-frame? Enforcement? We need details Don. Would he buy a property without a thorough inspection and at least one appraisal, or would he buy just on, "It's going to be great, just trust me."..?

There is nothing wrong with firing the bad people per se, along with enhancing tech. Again, this plan is just vacuous. (Sorry,but it just the best word.) These are sound bites that don;t amount to policy. He does not address the systemic problems that caused such long wastes a couple years back (better now, not perfect but better) He doesn't specify the areas of waste that need to be addressede, for vets or healthcare in general. Same goes for price gouging. I agree that $80 for band-aid is a ripoff, but we need to hear the examples he wants to address and the specifics. Trump never give us that. He just appeals to general sentiment.

"I'm against wasting public funds, vote for me." So is everybody Don! Have you ever heard someone say,"I am for wasting tax dollars."

What distinguishes you..? What is your understanding of the bureaucracy, where do you see the systemic ills and how do you specifically proposed to fix them..? Neither his rhetoric, his website or you have answered that on any of the "position" questions.

As with everything he offers, it's all just a bunch of hype. He is selling sentiment, and the sentiment he sells is the worst and defining character of his campaign; intolerant, xenophobic narcis
Posted by ILikePie5 7 months ago
ILikePie5
My approach is simple....to tell you how Trump is more ideal compared to Clinton. That was my objective from the start. I'm happy that I had a good debate with you. You had some pretty convincing points like John McCain. I wasn't a big fan of that comment.
Posted by ILikePie5 7 months ago
ILikePie5
Under this plan, they can bring their cash home and put it to work in America while benefitting from the newly-lowered corporate tax rate that is globally competitive and no longer requires parking cash overseas. Other companies have cash overseas for specific business units or activities. They can leave that cash overseas, but they will still have to pay the one-time repatriation fee. https://www.donaldjtrump.com...

What you are doing sir is only putting half of the entire post and making it look bad.

For Veterans, all you say is that he's gonna fire the bad people. What wrong with not doing that? They are not doing their job properly. If they were our veterans would receive better care. What's wrong with not modernizing equipment? And what about the other 10 points on his page? Are they chopped liver?
Posted by ILikePie5 7 months ago
ILikePie5
First, I would like to say Trump is not a GOP establishment puppet. And I would like to see the source where the GOP shot down modification of laws restricting interstate trade on insurance. I want to see sources on how deducting health insurance premium violates the tax code. Currently, I am a Texas Resident and it's cheaper for me to pay the fine of not having insurance rather than getting Obamacare or other health insurance. Why should I have to pay money if healthcare is too expensive for me? At the same time illegal immigrants do not have to pay the fee. How is this fair?

Tax Plan:
Reducing or eliminating deductions and loopholes available to the very rich, starting by steepening the curve of the Personal Exemption Phaseout and the Pease Limitation on itemized deductions. The Trump plan also phases out the tax exemption on life insurance interest for high-income earners, ends the current tax treatment of carried interest for speculative partnerships that do not grow businesses or create jobs and are not risking their own capital, and reduces or eliminates other loopholes for the very rich and special interests. These reductions and eliminations will not harm the economy or hurt the middle class. Because the Trump plan introduces a new business income rate within the personal income tax code, they will not harm small businesses either. https://www.donaldjtrump.com...

As for repatriation, corporations have to pay the 10% tax rate, whether they leave the money in foreign nations or bring it back to America
A one-time deemed repatriation of corporate cash held overseas at a significantly discounted 10% tax rate. Since we are making America"s corporate tax rate globally competitive, it is only fair that corporations help make that move fiscally responsible. U.S.-owned corporations have as much as $2.5 trillion in cash sitting overseas. Some companies have been leaving cash overseas as a tax maneuver. Under this plan,
CONTINUED ON NEXT PO
Posted by DavidMancke 7 months ago
DavidMancke
To be clear my approach has been to show why Trump is utterly unacceptable as well as being a moronic choice bought only by vacuous statements appealing to the worst demons of our nature.

In all fairness, my claims are just about how rotten Trump is and how vacuous your posts are. Keep in mind this is a debate site and you are very, very very bad at it.
Posted by DavidMancke 7 months ago
DavidMancke
Here's the thing, you imply I am willfully ignorant and by extension an idiot, but I am the only one providing cogent responses and substantive argument. Once again, your claim is vacuous. (guy clearly doesn't get it or doesn't care to [bet it's the latter])

You complain about debt without understanding that the Trump plan increases our national debt more than Clinton (both would raise debt) http://www.cnbc.com...

You see, I am betting you are like all the Trump voters I have encounter, all of them lean on attitude and fill in the blanks after the fact. They prefer the xenophobic, myopic denialist to facts. They don't want facts. They want immigrants to "go home!"

F*ck you seriously, my ancestors didn't risk life and limb in Europe seventy years ago so you hateful turds could find an American counterpart to Hitler and make him President on a whim.

Is Hillary less than ideal, you better believe it, but Trump has been robustly shown by anyone weighing the rhetoric and positions taken by any candidate to be the worst person to seek the office since Andrew Johnson lost it to US Grant in 1868. I would vote for just about anyone over Donald Trump.

So again do you have a damned thing we can weigh to offer, or is it just more tired old vacuous Trumpeteering..?