PatriotPerson
reaganite123

Who was the best U.S. President?

PatriotPerson
Started: 9/3/2013 Category: Places-Travel

PatriotPerson

Con

This is the same idea as the debate between imabench and 1historygenius, but reversed. Pro will say who he/she thinks is the best president and i will show why that president is not the best. First round is for acceptance and stating who your choice is.
reaganite123

Pro

I accept the challenge and would like to take the stance that Ronald Reagan was indeed the best POTUS
PatriotPerson

Con

As this debate should go on my part, I will give reasons why Ronald Reagan was NOT the best president. Pro will have to either counter my arguments or give good points on Mr. Reagan.

1.Iran Contra
This is one of thebiggest presidential scandals in history, the other two being Watergate (with Nixon)and the Monica Lewinsky affair (with Clinton). Here's how wikipedia defines Iran-Contra: "The Iran–Contra affair (Persian: ایران-کنترا‎, Spanish: caso Irán-Contra), also referred to as Irangate, Contragate or the Iran–Contra scandal, was a political scandal in the United States that came to light in November 1986. During the Reagan administration, senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, the subject of an arms embargo.[1] Some U.S. officials also hoped that the arms sales would secure the release of hostages and allow U.S. intelligence agencies to fund the Nicaraguan Contras. Under the Boland Amendment, further funding of the Contras by the government had been prohibited by Congress".

So, in an easier summary, Reagan's dudes (and possibly he himself) secretly allowed sales of weapons to Iran.

2. Economic Problems
Believe it or not, Ronald Reagan is one of the reasons we are in all these money and debt problems. His deregulation of the banking industry and and supply side economicswereleading factors to this currentissue.

3.Fund Cutting
Ronald Reagan cut some of the federal funding for colleges and college students.

4. Almost Caused Russia to Bomb Us
Believe it or not, this is actually true. Have you heard about his open-mic joke? He was testing his mic, and he jokingly said, "I've just signed a bill outlawing Russia. We begin bombing in five minutes." This literally caused Russia to flip out because they thought Mr. Reagan was being serious. They targeted missiles at us, and they only pulled it off when they were informed that it was a joke.

More next round.

reaganite123

Pro

reaganite123 forfeited this round.
PatriotPerson

Con

Erm, I have more but I don't wanna post anything else until I can counter things and go against his thoughts on Reagan being the best.
reaganite123

Pro

reaganite123 forfeited this round.
PatriotPerson

Con

Meh. Post something next time, bro. I find it funny that your username is "reaganite" yet you keep failing to defend him. Lol.
reaganite123

Pro

reaganite123 forfeited this round.
PatriotPerson

Con

My opponent has not countered any of my arguments and feel no need to make any further arguments. All my opponent has done is FF, so:

VOTE CON!!
reaganite123

Pro

reaganite123 forfeited this round.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
Great, StarTrek! Glad my debate has inspired someone!
Posted by StarTrek 3 years ago
StarTrek
I am going to make my own version of this tomorrow.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
I admit this will be difficult, but I've got my facts.
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
GO REAGAN!!! He was the best president in my opinion. But then I'm a strong Conservative.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
Hey thanks for pointing out the mistake. I'll change it.
Posted by ProgressiveSlayer 3 years ago
ProgressiveSlayer
Barrack Obama, there is no other U.S. President.... There are many former U.S. Presidents though.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
PatriotPersonreaganite123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Massive FF
Vote Placed by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
PatriotPersonreaganite123Tied