BurningCriticism
Duncan

Who whould win in a potential fight in KHIII, Sora (PRO) or Riku (Con)

Started: 6/17/2015 Category: Games

BurningCriticism

Con

This will be a great arguement... I am ready...

Round 1: Acceptance

Round 2: Arguement

Round 3: Arguement or Rebuttle

Duncan

Pro

I accept. Pretty sure you should have made more rounds though...
BurningCriticism

Con

I argue Riku is the stronger opponet for three reasons

-He was able to overcome darkness alone a feat that Sora was unable to do by himself, and his power far out weighs Sora's...

-He was the original Key-Blade master & was accepted as one

-He has something to fight for--- what I mean is Sora always stands that his friends are his power, but his friends arn't really in danger anymore, and without them he has always been helpless

Image result for rikus finishing move
Duncan

Pro

I believe I am to save rebuttal for the final round. Here are my points then;

1: Keyblade Mastery.

Forget the test in DDD, forget the X-blade and anything like that: Sora has displayed the most skill with a keyblade out of all characters. Not only can he dual wield, but he has mastered 3 separate forms which make use of separate keyblades. He's been able to fend off dual wielders, and even reclaimed the first keyblade from Riku after losing it in Hollow Bastion. as well as that that, he's formally trained in sword fighting and combat by Philoctetes himself; whose only other long time pupil is descended from the gods. Even when he loses the keyblade in Hollow Bastion, he takes up the wooden sword, and still fights on, using his combos as before. If he had a real weapon like a sword, he'd still do hefty damage.

2: Power

It's a common video game trope that the player character loses their power between games so that the gameplay may follow a more natural difficulty curve. If instead, we went by story, Sora's power has been growing for years. When Ansem's digitizer backfired in TWTNW, Riku's weapon, Soul Eater , became Way to the Dawn. They look identical for the record, but Soul Eater was not a keyblade, whereas WTTD is. In short, Riku was sent relatively back to square one, forced to surrender an element he was most familiar with and take up and element he has previously opposed. His lack of skill and power really becomes evident in the final stage of the Xemnas fight (especially on proud mode). He constantly interrupts Sora's attempts for reaction commands, he has only two abilities when played as, and his only contribution is when Sora gets stunlocked by Xemnas and you have to play as him trying not to run face first into walls. he was knocked out for the duration of the fight, and the cutscene afterwards supports this: Riku is limping heavily while Sora shows no signs of exhaustion. It's clear that Riku took a massive hit to his power in that game; but Sora has experience little in power loss. He's always had a vast array of spells, abilities and summons that he's acquired through his adventures.

3; The Killstreak

Sora has a great deal of victories under his belt, and each adds a bit of credit to his case against fighting Riku. We have;
Every one of the organisation 13 members (some of them twice), Hades (lord of the dead), Hercules (the son of Zeus), Maleficent (the avatar of darkness for the series), Cloud (and all his FF buddies) countless heartless and nobodies, Lingering Will (who is Terra... sort of?), freaking Sepiroth (twice, for that matter) and you guessed it, Riku. He's fought and defeated Riku, several times, and I don't just mean the islands: he faces Riku twice in Hollow bastion, the second time when Riku gains the power of Xehanort's heartless as well as a dark keyblade. we aren;t talking hypotheticals here: this fight has already happened.

See you next round,

Duncan
BurningCriticism

Con

I submit as my arguement in this debate is just intrest to what Pro's arguement would have been...
Duncan

Pro

I'm not sure what that means. Still, if you wish to have further debate or discussion surrounding video games, do let me know. Until then, I'll see you all next debate.

Duncan