RainbowDash52
thett3

Who will I vote for?

thett3
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

RainbowDash52

Pro

Rules:
My opponent states the name of someone who is running for DDO president in the first round. I must vote for that person and then in my second round I must post a link to where I voted for that person. If I successfully do this, or my opponent doesn't post someone for me to vote for in round 1, then I win. Otherwise my opponent wins.
thett3

Con

This is unethical.

My opponent will cast their ballot for me, thett the mighty.

I am running for president as of now.
thett3

Con

Vote my opponent down for three reasons:

My opponent voted for thett3, not thett the mighty. While he mentioned my nickname in the post, he did not *vote* for the nickname of my alterante warrior personality as requested. I referred to myself as "thett the mighty" *not* thett3. My opponent thus failed to fufill his obligation to vote for who I told him to vote for. It doesn't matter that we are functionally the same because in a context where usernames are the only definitions of personhood like an online forum, voting correctly matters. There is precedent for this. When a bunch of people played a prank on Airmax and voted for "Airmaxx" instead, they were forced to stop because had they succeeded, Airmaxx would've been elected president even if it was a joke. No vote for thett the mighty has been cast.

Second, the resolution is unethical. My opponent crafted the resolution in an attempt to make it impossible for Con to win--people who attempt to create truisms deserve to lose because the purpose of debate is the exchange of ideas, not gamesmanship. Pro is harming the nature of debate.

Third, Pro is attempting to harm democracy. Clearly Pro has no idea about the candidates or why he should vote either way, and attempted to use the closeness of the election to his advantage. Such conduct is worthy of an auto-loss.
Posted by thett3 2 years ago
thett3
Your maturity is astounding, lol. Thanks for the free win though
Posted by thett3 2 years ago
thett3
Yes, I would have made that argument. That was the point of writing the first round the way I did. You attempted to make a debate where you traded a vote for a win--unfortunately for you, someone who was able to outsmart you took the debate.
Posted by RainbowDash52 2 years ago
RainbowDash52
It doesn't matter who you referred yourself as, you are still thett3. Even if I did vote for "thett the mighty" you would have still argued I voted for the wrong person, and people would still vote for you with the same stated reason of voting for the wrong person. You accuse me of being unethical, even when you intentionally use vague wording with multiple interpretations so however I interpret it, you argue that I interpreted it wrong, and voters apparently agree with you.
Posted by Vox_Veritas 2 years ago
Vox_Veritas
#Thettforpresident2020
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 2 years ago
Ore_Ele
RainbowDash52thett3
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro has changed his vote and so loses. Con original arguments do not matter, since he stipulated that his opponent votes for him. Regardless of what name his opponent uses, if he votes for him, he fulfills his burden. But by changing his vote, he loses.
Vote Placed by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
RainbowDash52thett3
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro voted for the wrong user.
Vote Placed by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
RainbowDash52thett3
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: rawr? did not vote for the right person