mcalcara
michaelmatt21

Who will win Super bowl XLVIII? PRO- Denver. CON- Seattle

Started: 1/21/2014 Category: Sports

mcalcara

Con

Who will win Superbowl 48? I will be taking the Con/Seattle Side. Please no fore fitting if possible. THIS DEBATE IS DEAD AFTER THE SUPER BOWL (WE WILL CONTINUE TO DEFEND/ATTACK CASES. JUST NO NEW ARGUMENTS!!!

round 1-acceptance
2-case
3-rebuittal
4-rebuttal
5-conclusion
michaelmatt21

Pro

I accept this debate. Good luck to you
mcalcara

Con

Thank you. One of the Key factors is the Broncos Tight end. Julius Thomas. However, if the Seattle front eight is able to stop Thomas in his route or something, then the Broncos have lost one of their receivers. The Broncos have an impressive Offensive line, but its really hard to block 8 Defensive linemen to protect a Quarterback/ running back. Their other receivers will be hard to cover, but if the hawks can manage that, then they can win the Super Bowl. Another key factor is the noise levels. The Seattle Seahawks hold the current noise record at 137.6 dbA. They have the 12th man, and I believe that the fact that their team made it to the Big game will bring these levels to a big high. From Sports Illustrated 1/20/14, "Three things Seattle defenders probably said to each other as they huddled before hosting the Saints on Saturday: 1] remember your assignments. 2] don't miss tackles. 3] This place is about to get REALLY loud, so we'll talk again at halftime." The third major factor will be the weather. Considering the fact that this Super Bowl will not be played at a dome, the Temperature and precipitation will be one of the most important factors. If it is to snow, the Denver Broncos will have a small advantage for they live snow. If not, on the contrary. I will be able to be back later in the round I hope to discuss the weather factor, but for now, that is it. Thank you.
michaelmatt21

Pro

-However, if the Seattle front eight is able to stop Thomas in his route or something, then the Broncos have lost one of their receivers.
You are just focusing on one man. Are you forgetting the other formidable receivers in Wes Welker, Demarious Thomas, and Eric Decker?

-The Broncos have an impressive Offensive line, but its really hard to block 8 Defensive linemen to protect a Quarterback/ running back.
Rushing 8 people would be considered a blitz leaving 4 men to drop into coverage. Manning is one of the smartest quarterback ever and would easily pick the blitz up and check down to a slant or screen that would nullify the blitz. You do not have to block 8 guys all the time. Just get rid of the ball faster

-Another key factor is the noise levels. The Seattle Seahawks hold the current noise record at 137.6 dbA.
The Super Bowl is at a neutral stadium the crowd noise will not be deafening for either way. Even if 60% of Seahawks fans attend and only 40% broncos fans attend there will still be a 40% of the crowd quiet, much better than 98% of the crowd screaming.

Now my case.

Overall at his position Peyton Manning is far superior to Russell Wilson. if you cannot agree with that leave this debate. The NFL is a quarterback's league as far as i am concerned and will be for some time.

Secondly I would put the offensive line of the Broncos ahead of the Seahawks which is key to having a successful run game. In the conditions of the Super Bowl this will be key. I admit that Lynch is better than Moreno but the offensive live is the difference maker here.

The Broncos core of receivers far surpasses the core of the Seahawks, with the extra boost of Manning this core will be key in the Super Bowl.

The defense of Seattle is very good but the Broncos defense is no pushover either. We will see if the cockiness of Seattle's secondary will have any effect on their morale if they find themselves overmatched against the legend: Peyton Manning
mcalcara

Con

-You are just focusing on one man. Are you forgetting the other formidable receivers in Wes Welker and Eric Decker? No I am not. If the Seahawks can apply pressure onto Manning, thats a win. The Seattle defense is excellent against the run. Them having a front seven or eight (it varies) leaves four defensive players. The Broncos are left with 2 receivers. Two receivers up against 3 or 4 defenders.
-The Super Bowl is at a neutral stadium the crowd noise will not be deafening for either way. Even if 60% of Seahawks fans attend and only 40% broncos fans attend there will still be a 40% of the crowd quiet, much better than 98% of the crowd screaming. However, the Broncos had the record of loudest stadium before the Seahawks. Two very loud teams.
-I do agree that Manning is a Superior Quarterback. However, if the Seahawks can cover Welker, Thomas, and Decker, apply pressure to Manning, that stops the Denver Offense.
-The offensive line of the Broncos ahead of the Seahawks which is key to having a successful run game. In the conditions of the Super Bowl this will be key. I admit that Lynch is better than Moreno but the offensive live is the difference maker here. The Seattle Defense is the best overall defense, and were ranked best pass defense. [Washington Times]

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
michaelmatt21

Pro

michaelmatt21 forfeited this round.
mcalcara

Con

mcalcara forfeited this round.
michaelmatt21

Pro

Thank you for being so kind and forfeiting that round. Much respect

-Them having a front seven or eight (it varies) leaves four defensive players. The Broncos are left with 2 receivers. Two receivers up against 3 or 4 defenders.

Where are you doing this math? Lets say that they rush 8, there is 11 on the field. That leaves 4 people to guard the other receivers. 4 corners or 2 corners and 2 safeties. Now the Broncos do not have to keep everyone to block everyone. Peyton Manning would check down to a slant and bust right through the defense.

However, the Broncos had the record of loudest stadium before the Seahawks. Two very loud teams.
Actually it was the chiefs and seahawks that had the loudest teams this season

The Seattle Defense is the best overall defense, and were ranked best pass defense. [Washington Times]
But they are facing against the arguably the best quarterback of all time... with a great receiving core.
mcalcara

Con

mcalcara forfeited this round.
michaelmatt21

Pro

michaelmatt21 forfeited this round.
Posted by mcalcara 3 years ago
mcalcara
Yeah, i tried to keep the super bowl result out of the debate. sorry.
Posted by michaelmatt21 3 years ago
michaelmatt21
Maybe put a little more time for us to debate. I know that Super Bowl weekend is coming but it seemed way to fast to post my debates
Posted by mcalcara 3 years ago
mcalcara
I had the Same problem as My opponent, I got caught up in a Debate Tournament. Please also consider this.
Posted by mcalcara 3 years ago
mcalcara
Well, I'll be nice and forefit as well. Its not really fair.
Posted by michaelmatt21 3 years ago
michaelmatt21
you don't have to if you don't want to
Posted by mcalcara 3 years ago
mcalcara
Ok. thank you. Should I "FF" my round?
Posted by michaelmatt21 3 years ago
michaelmatt21
I did not forfeit this debate my time ran out please consider this while voting