Rosalia4
wolfman4711

Who would have made the best president, Barack Obama or Mitt Romney

Rosalia4

Pro

Ok, so this is my first debate, so please take that into consideration. Any way, on your profile, you had put up that Romney would have made a better president. I disagree, thinking that Obama would be a better choice for multiple reasons. This first round you can accept the invitation, and the second round we can start. I am sorry if I don't respond quickly.
wolfman4711

Con

Okay well thank you for making this debate and inviting me. I know I start with a huge disadvantage knowing Obama won the crowd around here. Well once again thanks and I look forward to our debate
Rosalia4

Pro

Ok, So the first thing that I would like to point out is that Romney wanted to get rid of Medicare and Medicaid. By doing this, several elderly people who cannot afford medical help will no longer have medical help, and people who originally got their jobs for the medical help will lose the help and be stuck paying the full bill. The reason why Romney would want to do this is to further split the lower class and the upper class. The lower class would now be paying a lot more money toward doctors and hospitals, who are far richer than the people themselves. Also, Romney used a lot of "his" money for the candidate and is trying to help more of "his" upper class society, when he never did a thing to deserve that money. His father was a hard working business man that gave his son most of his money, and so Romney used his dad's money to get his way to the top.
Obama was born to not as prominent of a family. His parents split when he was a young boy, making a hard impact on his life, and causing him a lot of grief. He continued with his studies, and graduated from a wonderful college to continue his career. I believe that Obama putting in the Obama care would help a lot for those in need, and he knows what it is like being under the upper class, and how hard it is for everyone else. Obama worked hard to get into his spot while Romney paid his way in. Now is the time for your rebuttal.
wolfman4711

Con

When your post I see your post..... I don't see any facts only opinions.
I think Mitt Romney would've done a much better job then Obama second term. First of all Mitt Romney did not wanna cut Medicare but lower the medicare tax rates for all income Americans.

Barrack Obama has not been a good president because of his adding to debt. Obama managed to borrow 3 Trillon more dollars from china. It took america 214 years to borrow that much from china 1776-1990 !He raised nation wide debt by 4.7 trillion dollars. When obamas term started we owed 10.5 trillion and after his first term we owe 15.2 trillion dollars in debt. President Obama has not helped our debt crisis what so ever. While adding to our debt he's managed to raise taxes in the beginning of his seconded term.
Sorry I know I don't have any sources but I will post them by the end of the debate.
Rosalia4

Pro

You have stated that Obama is at fault for causing the country into this amount of dept, yet he gave billions of dollars to the auto industry and to banks to keep them solvent. Maintaining solvency will keep us out of an economic crisis. Doing this, the banks continue doing well and are repaying the loans at a considerable profit to the government.
Another point is that Obama is pro-Israeli. Being Pro Israel is important for many reasons. The central reasons is that Israel is our friend and ally in the middle east. Other middle eastern countries are against both United States and Israel and we need to continue this relationship. Israel is now the only place we can land a plane in the middle east, and that is important in war.
Obama is working towards job security and the equality of women. Before Obama, women had a lower pay with the same job as men. He is also helping to reduce the unemployment by introducing job security.
wolfman4711

Con

First of all being pro Israeli has its faults like what you ask? Well for instance every country in the Middle East resents Israel. Second Obama had nothing to do with job equality. Third I will say Obama did okay with jobs but definitely not good enough. Barrack Obama spent 90 billion dollars on green jobs and as mitt stated half of them no longer exist. You have stated that " you blame him for the dept (which should be debt) yet he gave billions of dollars to the auto industry and banks to keep them solvent". So what that contributes to debt. America's people shouldn't be paying for rich people to fail any way. Also no numbers again how much money to how many banks. Thank you and I turn my debate to my opponent.
Rosalia4

Pro

Rosalia4 forfeited this round.
wolfman4711

Con

wolfman4711 forfeited this round.
Rosalia4

Pro

Rosalia4 forfeited this round.
wolfman4711

Con

wolfman4711 forfeited this round.
Posted by Rosalia4 4 years ago
Rosalia4
Me too! Epic Rap Battles of History is the best! That's actually where I got the idea of this debate!
Posted by wolfman4711 4 years ago
wolfman4711
oh i love that channel
Posted by Rosalia4 4 years ago
Rosalia4
By the way, look at this, well, tell me if this works.