Who would win: Mantis vs Yellow Jacket

This is the first debate I have created.

Round 1 is acceptance.

I am the side of the Yellow Jacket (Pro) and my opponent is arguing for the Mantis (Con)

-Argue for the Mantis being more likely to win, no trolling
-This is based on statistics and facts. Don't upload a YouTube video showing one of the fighters winning, though you may certainly upload a video of a Mantis fighting something else to prove that they are good at killing
-We are making the assumption that they are close to the same size. There are 2,300 species of Mantid, I don't want to search for the one I am talking about. They are small and green, and close to the size of a Yellow Jacket. As for the Y low Jackets, I am referring to the ones in America. Please use common sense, don't turn it into a fight of some huge Mantis vs a Yellow Jacket.

I gladly accept this challenge and I look forward to this interesting debate.

Been busy.

Section 1:
Praying mantises are born killers. As soon as they're born they start hunting small prey, each other if necessary.So they have a lot of experience hunting and fighting other insects. Throughout their years, they have attained a great number of adaptions. For instance. The mantis has an elongated thorax which acts like a neck as well as a triangular head which allows it to see 360 degrees. It also has 3 single eyes in each of it's two compound eyes. Another advantage they have is their forelegs which fold back like pocket knives. They both have spiny edges and sharp hooks at the end. Also, the mantis' coloring can help it blend in with its surroundings. In general sense, it can camouflage itself, making it easier to just lie in wait for it's next victim. Yet another advantage it has. Once it catches its prey, it bites the neck to paralyze the victim, then continues to eat it alive. You can't fight back if you're paralyzed now can you? No. You can't.

Section 2:
There's really only two things that a yellow jacket can do. It can fight, which it's only option is to try and sting its opponent, or it can fly away. So the Mantis is at an advantage, especially since it has camouflage capabilities. It will get the yellow jacket before it has the chance to see it, and the yellow jacket will have no options. In general sense. It has no way to win.

I await my opponents argument.

Alright dude. I have to concede. I don't have enough time.

I accept my opponents concede and I hope we have another chance to debate in a latter date.
Posted by KingofEverything 1 year ago
Please excuse my grammar. No kritiks.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Concession