yomama12
lannan13

Who would win? Silver(Sonic the Hedgehog), or Sans( Undertale)

lannan13
Started: 4/7/2016 Category: Games

yomama12

Pro

Both are basically the time cops of their worlds, so which one would win? You can choose who you will represent.

Also, please don't accept this debate if you're just going to forfeit.

R1. Acceptance/character choice
R2. Arguments
R3.Rebuttals

Thank you in advance.
lannan13

Con

I accept and my character is none other than Sans.

yomama12

Pro

Silver is a time traveling hedgehog from 200 years in the future of Sonic's timeline. He has a plethora of abilities.

Psycokinesis- able to life anythng from rocks to giant robots and crush, throw, levitate them, etc.

Flight- his abilities also give him the ability to fly, and , while in flight, can b as fast as Sonic (who's about 2000 mph).

Time travel- with a chaos emerald in hand, Silver can basically travel to any part in time.

(The only reason I will not post any links this round is my school's stupid firewall gets in the way of all of them.)

How Silver can beat Sans:

-Silver can just lift him and crush him like a bug.
-He can travel back in time and kill him when he was a baby(cheap, but still a useful tactic)
-before you say anything about him dodging Chara's attacks, remember, Chara's a human, so her attacks are things only humans can do. Sans has also never been shown to have combatted magic in any way.
-and much more.
lannan13

Con

Sans is a character that can transend both time and space. He has been known to be able to do some of the things that both Asriel and Frisk can do, though not to the same ability as Frisk. Sans is able to reset time, but is unable to do it if it conflicts with Frisk's "Determination." Flowey himself claims in the neutral ending that Sans, ""caused more than [his] fair share of resets," and has constantly defeated him [1]. Unlike Silver, Sans's reset of time will have him beable to constantly defeat Silver regardless of the cercumstances. This is constantly seen when Frisk, or Chara pending on your play through, faces Sans in battle. Each time Chara is defeated, Sans has knowledge of the death of Chara. It is the failure of the interaction rule with Chara/Frisk that prohibits him from resetting time.

Silver has a critical weakness that would contribute to his defeat against Sans, these issues is his temper and the fact that if he overuses his power, and often he does, he becomes heavily fatigued [2]. This is something that will have him fall to the hands of Sans in a fight. Sans, has the power to Control a person's soul in a fight which and his fighting style would result in trouble when it comes to the fight with Silver as Silver's fatigue would lead to his downfall and Sans's quick adjility would be fast to dodge much of Silver's attacks. If you also observe the skulls that he uses in battle, you can recognize that they bare a similiar resemblance to the one's of the Royal Family, a key one is that of Asriel. It becomes highly feasible that he has defeated Asriel in this timeline as Flowey does not transform into him on this route. This shows that he has destroyed the strongest creature in the game as his power level was that of infinity attack and defense.

1. (http://undertale.wikia.com...)
2. ( http://sonic.wikia.com...)
yomama12

Pro

While your argument is very good,it has some flaws:

- https://www.youtube.com... video shows that even when a time entity like Rosalina resets time, Silver will still be around.
-I don't think Sans' abilities(Gaster Blasts, Bones, etc.) would count as transcending time and space.
-It is never shown or said that Sans can reset time, only that Flowey has had to reset many times to defeat him.
-As Sans said himself, "Thats the LOOK of someone who's died *** times." I don't think resetting and reading people's faces are the same thing.
-While Silver maybe extremely arrogant, , and can get exhausted, Sans is also shown to be extremely exhausted by a 15 minute fight with a child. Plus, it is seen in the Sonic Comic Encyclopedia that Silver can replenish his energy with power rings. As I never specified where the fight was, it could be anywhere. So, if it's in Sonic's world, and theres power rings nearby, Silver could easily defeat Sans as soon as Sans gets exhausted too.
-Silver (with Sonic and Shadow's help) defeated Iblis, who is basically the God of Sonic's world. In the video above, he'salso shown to be able to defeat Rosalina, who, can RESET TIME.

Those are my arguments, I thank my opponent for actually arguing instead of forfeiting XD.
lannan13

Con

My opponent has failed to declare where this battle is taking place in his first round in setting-up in the terms of the debate and has failed to do so. Please through that argument that my opponent has made out. My opponent talks about reading Frisk's face to see that he's died X times, but we have to realize that doing such a realization is improbably and a knowledge of the space-time continium would be the only probable answer here. My opponent also brings up fighting Frisk, but we do have to realize that despite what he might state, Frisk has defeated a great deal of beasts including the self-proclaimed god, Photoshop Flowey [1]. Sans has constantly reset Flowey with him knowing that he can become a god shows that he can do a great deal of things concidering that he can defeat a god.

1. (http://undertale.wikia.com...)
Posted by Omniscient_Debater 4 months ago
Omniscient_Debater
Sans can't kill Asriel because Asriel absorbed Sans as Flowey.

How can Sans beat Asriel with the power of 6 souls, Sans himself, and every other monster on the underground. I think he just worked with Gaster and used the DT extraction machines. Who knows, maybe Gaster was a goat. But theories don't really work as arguments.

I would have just said that Sans could stop time and win, because there was a scene where he and Frisk went to Grillby's and he stopped time for everyone except him and Frisk. That would be a very useful argument.
Posted by BlazingRodent 7 months ago
BlazingRodent
IT'S NO USE! The winner is lannan.
Posted by yomama12 7 months ago
yomama12
Maybe...
Posted by Electrolance 7 months ago
Electrolance
Cartoon Fight Club fan eh?
Posted by lannan13 7 months ago
lannan13
Do I refute only your R2 arguments or R2 and R3?
Vote Placed by famousdebater 7 months ago
famousdebater
yomama12lannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's lack of clarity costs him the debate. Given that he never states the place where the battle will occur this means that many of his arguments are negated. This ultimately comes down to healing and tiredness. Healing is very specific to Silver when he is in his own world meaning that ultimately I am not buying the argument presented by Pro that Silver can heal. Con argues that Silver overuses his powers, leading to tiredness which I am buying since it is a sourced claim as opposed to Pro's claims. Given that I am accepting the argument that Silver is prone to tiredness this is ultimately a major factor contributing to the outcome since Silver will be unable to last long in a fight. Pro's only objection regards power rings which are, again, not specifically related or involved in the fight. Since I'm buying that Silver is going to be tired this means that Sans clearly has the upper hand and is more likely to win. Pro's argument are too specific to parameters that weren't set in R1.
Vote Placed by MaxLamperouge 7 months ago
MaxLamperouge
yomama12lannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments to Con. Pro never declared where this battle would take place. He claims that his character could replenish his strength, but he relys on his battle taking place in "Sonics world" in order for his character to have the strength to beat Cons. The place of battle was undetermined. Cons arguments made me doubt whether Pros character would succeed because of fatigue. and because of that Con has convinced me that Pro's character would become fatigued and lose to Cons, who has many battle abilities, under normal circumstances. The place of battle was undetermined, and that made me vote con, because again - Pros argument relys on power rings which are only found in a certain world.