Thatguy01
SegBeg

Who would win in a fight, Galactus(con) or the Phoenix force(pro) ?

Thatguy01

Thatguy01

Con

I believe that Galactus is more than capable of destroying Phoenix force. The fact alone that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created him simply to be the most powerful being in the universe is a testament to just how powerful he is. He wields the power cosmic, which is well documented as the most powerful force in marvel. Not only that, he has the ultimate nullifier, which is capable if eliminating anything the user can think of, and for a near unknowing being such as Galactus, that could be the universe itself. In short, I believe that Galactus is supreme in this fight and could eliminate the Phoenix force from existence in an all out confrontation.
SegBeg

Pro

I am Seg Beg and I will be arguing that the Phoenix Force can win against Galactus

The Phoenix Force is one of the most (if not the most) powerful beings in the Marvel Universe, possessing the unlimited power to create and destroy anything and everything. It has been stated to be an Extinction-Level Threat by Quicksilver and an Omega-Level Threat by Mister Fantastic.

Future Life-Force Tap: The Phoenix Force can tap into the energy provided by life-force reserved for future generations, thus denying them existence. The Phoenix Force possesses limitless cosmic energy. With or without a host, it is one of the most powerful entities in the Marvel Universe, capable of existing in any plane, time-line or dimensional existence.

There'll be more
Thatguy01

Con

Fist of all I would like to correct my opponent, the most powerful being in the marvel universe is, in fact Galactus, as stated by Stan Lee. When questioned as to Galactus opposed to the rest of the marvel universe, Lee started that a fully powered Galactus vs. The rest if the marvel universe would be like "fleas hitting a freight train."

Stan Lee being the creator of both, his decision is final.

Second, in the black celestial arc story line, Galactus was nearly about to devour the entire multiverse. It must be stated that phoenix force is a necessary part of the universe, so in destroying one Galactus would eliminate the other. And since it was the multiverse, this means Galactus would devour not one, but ALL Phoenix force counterparts.
SegBeg

Pro

I would like to inform my opponent that according to the Marvel Wiki:

Galactus on the other hand, despite him being EXTREMELY powerful and his Heralds cosmic level threats, He was only considered by Reed Richards as High Threat Level.

One other thing is that his power is unialteraly dependent on the amount of energy he has absorbed from planets. If he does not feed regularly, then it will run out, and he will weaken and starve to death.

Top that!!!
Thatguy01

Con

Again, the black celestial story line showed an alternate universe version of Galactus (ours is strongest) about to feed on the entire multiverse.
Again I will state that, even if the marvel wiki states otherwise, Stan lee (who created both) stated that Galactus was omnipotent. Also, Phoenix force would also die without sustenance, it simply has a different method of acquiring it.
Finally I would like to state that the exact energy Galactus feeds on is unknown, but many believe it to be the remnants of Phoenix inside of the planet. Thus granting him energy as long as she lives.
Galactus is a cosmic abstract, on par with death and eternity. In as much killing him would end the universe, whereas Phoenix simply helped to create it. Period.
Posted by SegBeg 9 months ago
SegBeg
Hey, no problem Thatguy01!!! Good debate yourself!!!
Posted by Thatguy01 9 months ago
Thatguy01
Sorry about the comment section thing, I'm new. Also happy about how the debate went (not winning, just that the debate actually went pretty well in my opinion.) Thanks for a good debate Seg Beg!
Posted by SegBeg 9 months ago
SegBeg
Ragnar, I am a girl!!!
Posted by Ragnar 9 months ago
Ragnar
---RFD---
In short, not enough substance remaining after disqualified material to award arguments. Conduct however was surrendered by pro with his choice to plagiarize (con's was also flawed, but less so).

These two debaters should each learn the difference between arguments and assertions. Please support your claims, and when supporting them, give analysis of the evidence.

Con did an almost effective Appeal to Authority Fallacy with "Stan Lee being the creator of both, his decision is final." When he had not pointed out where or when Stan Lee was supposed to have stated such things (not saying he didn't, but we are given zero context).

Pro sabotaged himself really badly with "I would like to inform my opponent that according to the Marvel Wiki:" Then material repeated from R1, which had had plagiarized then (the second time is poor citation, the first time was passing it off as his own).

An interesting point that came up is "One other thing is that his power is unialteraly dependent on the amount of energy he has absorbed from planets. If he does not feed regularly, then it will run out, and he will weaken and starve to death." Which pro tried to counter (more than a round later) in the comment section of all places, complaining how unfair it is that his choice has an interesting weakness "Before anyone votes I would just like to point out that in this comic Galactus was at his weak state when he needs to feed,"

Finally, the debate ended with the first source brought up, and pro claiming that anyone who is hungry was destroyed ("See. The Phoenix Force destroys Galactus." When the evidence provided was that he was knocked over and hungry, the next panel from the same source would have had Galactus confirm he was defeated, but such was not included for consideration).
Posted by Ragnar 9 months ago
Ragnar
Please debate only inside the debate, not the comment section.
Posted by Thatguy01 9 months ago
Thatguy01
Before anyone votes I would just like to point out that in this comic Galactus was at his weak state when he needs to feed, and even then at the end Galactus said "the stench of death clings to you no less than me". So if he were at his even stronger state the fight would have taken a COMPLETELY different turn. Vote pro.
Posted by Ragnar 9 months ago
Ragnar
As a fellow comic fan, this interests me; but as you're new and I've got a substantial record here, it wouldn't be fair. So best of luck to you and whomever you do face.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 9 months ago
Ragnar
Thatguy01SegBegTied
Reasons for voting decision: Plagiarism... More in comments.