HashtagWar
PowerPikachu21

Who would win in a fight Master Chief (For) or Superman (against)?

PowerPikachu21
Voting Style: Judge Point System: Select Winner
Started: 5/6/2016 Category: Games

HashtagWar

Pro

(sources: https://www.halowaypoint.com...)I say master chief would win I mean come on he has beaten 3 DIFFERENT ARMIES EACH MORE ADVANCED AND HARDER TO DEFEAT THAN THE LAST several times EACH, and 2 ARMIES WERE ALIEN! And superman is quite weak when compared to Mark VI MJOLNIR armor seriously he is beaten by a green rock. So unless superman can take a punch with the force of F = MA F = 680kg * 24.57m/s2 F = 16710.66N
To put this into perspective, that's like being hit with a 3597 pound, fist shaped weight in the goddamn sternum.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I thank Pro for creating this debate. Superman needs a worthy opponent, he's kind of overpowered. By the way, don't expect me to go easy this time.

Rebuttal:

"I say master chief would win I mean come on he has beaten 3 DIFFERENT ARMIES EACH MORE ADVANCED AND HARDER TO DEFEAT THAN THE LAST several times EACH, and 2 ARMIES WERE ALIEN!" I haven't played Halo, but I'm pretty sure the aliens didn't have super speed.

"And superman is quite weak when compared to Mark VI MJOLNIR armor" According to Pro's own source, the armor doesn't stand such of a chance against Superman's strength, heat vision, and frost breath.

"seriously he is beaten by a green rock" Does Master Chief have a green rock? Show me the rock! And tell me where he got it! This isn't just any rock, this is kryptonite! Kryptonite is a material from Superman's home planet, Krypton.

And... where did Pro get those numbers? Superman has been attacked with lasers, guns, and probably large impacts, and he remains pretty much unscathed.

Argument:

Pro's own source is a forum talking about this exact topic; "Would Master Chief defeat Superman"? But the debate isn't over yet. Let's chance that. I hope you came with kryptonite bullets, Master Chief! It's the only way to take down Superman.

Superman has the following abilities:

Super Speed

Heat Vision

Frost Breath

Super Strength

Flight

[The above powers are achieved via our Sun's rays]

Doesn't require oxygen

Takes next to no damage from anything over than kryptonite

What does Master Chief have? Strong armor and space weapons? Sure, Superman isn't immune to knockback, but he won't exactly get hurt. Just imagine Superman flying at Master Chief, full speed, with a mighty punch. That armor won't last long, will it? Just a few mega punches like that will destroy the armor, and Master Chief won't last long anymore, since he can't do anything to Superman.

Good game, I think I wasted a bit of time, since Pro's probably lost interest already, whether it's because he just lost interest, or I argued strongly. Good game, vote Con. Superman is Over Powered!
HashtagWar

Pro

HashtagWar forfeited this round.
HashtagWar

Pro

Due to surgery done to his eyes, his reflexes are 300% faster than a normal human being. Combined with his muscle strength and Mjolnir, this is raised to astronomical levels.
Due to Ceramic Bone Ossification, Spartan II's Bones are considered practically unbreakable, but there are instances where Spartan's bones are broken.
Spartan II's speed is a FULLY SUITED Spartan can go from 0 to 60 mph almost instantly.
They can see in near dark conditions, and have an IQ of 150(?)
Spartan shielding is always active
The shields defenses themselves are more effective against Explosives and Projectiles, things that move at a very high rate of speed, rather than pure physical damage.
--without armor, Chief can lift 1,260 pounds at 14 (normal weight for a man at 6 foot 10 inches is 210 pounds. John can lift three times his body weight which is twice the norm because of his augments. (2 X 3)210=1260. The armor doubles his strength. At age 46, he'd be stronger. Given that Cal-141 could throw an ODST drop pod a significant distance, he would be able to lift in excess of of 2520 pounds).
--He can sprint at 55 kph at age 14. Mendez says they'll only get faster as they age. The armor further augments this speed.
--He can survive an orbital fall without any noticeable damage done to him (he has done so twice so far).
--He has a reaction speed of at least 20 milliseconds, rest. In combat, that is significantly faster. This is further enhanced by a factor of 5 in armor, allowing him to dodge bullets.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I thank Pro for coming back. I'll get right into the rebuttal.

Rebuttal:

"Due to surgery done to his eyes, his reflexes are 300% faster than a normal human being. Combined with his muscle strength and Mjolnir, this is raised to astronomical levels." Reaction timing is one thing, but can Master Chief dodge a speeding bullet?

"Spartan II's speed is a FULLY SUITED Spartan can go from 0 to 60 mph almost instantly" Cars can go up to abut 70+ mph, I believe. Superman is much faster with his speed, and probably doesn't need much time to go to max speed. With this, Superman is definitely able to land a hit.

"The shields defenses themselves are more effective against Explosives and Projectiles, things that move at a very high rate of speed, rather than pure physical damage." Superman is very durable as well, tanking bullets and giant steel fists. And are you sure that armor is unbreakable? I've never heard of a shield that can take numerous powerful hits.

"Chief can lift 1,260 pounds at 14" But that power won't hurt Superman all that much.

"He can sprint at 55 kph at age 14." Force = Mass x Speed. 1,260 x 55,000 = 69,300,000 Newtons of force? (Did I calculate it correctly? Please let me know).

Even if the calculation is wrong, that's still over 500,000 Newtons. I'm pretty sure an alien can go at least 200 feet on Earth if punched at full force.

"At age 46, he'd be stronger. Given that Cal-141 could throw an ODST drop pod a significant distance, he would be able to lift in excess of of 2520 pounds." Seems a bit too overpowered. If the punch couldn't kill a Xenomorph, the impact from hitting the wall behind him would probably break its entire skeleton.

Okay, I demand Master Chief's powers to be backed up. I doubt someone would make a video game where you could punch things, and they'd die. It just seems ridiculous. I believe Superman can take 500,000 newtons, but I'm not sure what the knockback would be like. Again, I'm going to have to ask Pro's claims be backed up. It's just unfathomable how Master Chief can be so overpowered.

Pro continues to make Master Chief seem superior to Superman. This needs to be backed up. Yeah, I know next to nothing about Halo, but seriously! Back this up!

Everyone knows Superman is naturally fast, powerful, and durable. He also doesn't need oxygen. This is common knowledge. Halo, I'm not sure. I've never played it. I'm not sure how many people know Halo, but surely Pro is exaggerating, right?

Argument:

Point 2: Battlefield

I just now realized that this debate depends on where the battle takes place. I propose that it takes place in an arena that is a 20ft x 20ft circle. Let's put this arena on Earth, so Superman can absorb the sun's rays. Now that we've got this, I would like Pro to answer this question, with a source: How big are the planets that Master Chief usually go to? Or does gravity not matter? I want this question to be answered.

With that, let's hear Pro's final argument. And remember; you need to back up your claims about Master Chief being fast, agile, and strong. If I don't see a source, then it will be accepted as exaggeration so Pro can win.
HashtagWar

Pro

HashtagWar forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Well, it seems like Pro timed out, and is unable to source Master Chief's ever increasing power. Because of this, voters should dismiss these claims about Master Chief being ultra powerful. Also, we have no idea what kind of gravity Chief's armor is made for, and whether it can support Earth's gravity.

Pro's forfeit will count as a concession to Superman being more powerful. Keep in mind Superman has been shown to be nearly indestructible to anything that is not kryptonite, which Chief has none of. Good game, and vote Con!
Posted by Matthew01 9 months ago
Matthew01
@brainFreeze yea you could take superman's mom into consideration but master chief would also have to a) figure out who his mom is
b) locate and capture her
c) hold her captive
the first two would probably be possible but Chief doesn't know the extent of Superman's powers so would hide his mom in an underground bunker or something not covered in lead, which is the only thing superman can't use his x-ray vision to see through, which would allow Superman to save his mother and destroy Master Chief and still be home in time for dinner with Lois Lane. :p
Posted by Gilser 9 months ago
Gilser
Superman has LIFTED THE EARTH HELD A TINY BLACK HOLE IN HIS HAND AND EVEN HELD A PIECE OF KRYPTONITE 9 TIMES BIGGER THAN HIM. DROP THE $%#*ING MIC
Posted by brainFreeze 9 months ago
brainFreeze
Yes, I agree that superman had no weakness other than Kryptonite.

Well...
His MOM. We can easily use his MOM to beat superman and make him do whatever we want him to do.
Next thing is that...
Master chief has no emotional weakness..
So yea..
He would be able to beat superman
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 9 months ago
Blade-of-Truth
HashtagWarPowerPikachu21
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins this debate based on the fact that Pro failed to uphold the BOP and negate any arguments raised by Con. He did this by failing to present any rebuttals or counter-arguments to Con's contentions, and instead simply built an affirmative case. In this regard, Con effectively rebutted each key argument raised by Pro - which is evident in both the first and final round of this debate. This can be seen in R1 when he challenges Pro's source for his punch force claim, and several times in the final round where he negates such claims as his speed or, again, challenging the validity of Pro's data since he leaves it unsourced. In addition to all of this, Pro forfeited two rounds with no given reason as to why. This is unacceptable conduct in any debate setting. For all of these reasons, I award the win to Con.