RossG
Superboy777

Who would win in a fight; Zeus, Poseidon or Hades?

RossG

Pro

Ok im really bored so I have decided to create this debate. It obviously isn't to serious and is just a fun discussion to have :)
Im going to back Zeus and the challenger can back either of the other 2 gods. I'm not sure if i will get any challengers as I think its pretty clear Zeus would win, but feel free to dispute this.
Its my first debate so go easy...
Superboy777

Con

I thank you for your side, I have long wanted to debate something like this. In my opinion and who I will be debating for is that Hades would in fact win. Hades may seem far from power, but if he can figure out how to get the nearly infinite amount of people from the Underworld into Earth, then Zeus and any other god would not even stand a chance. Zombie movies clearly reflect that. In many zombie movies, the main characters, no matter how brave or resourceful can only rely on rescue to survive. The current world population is around 7 billion. At most humans can live 120 years, give or take. Thus, it can be said that after 120 years, Hades army will be increased by 7 billion. Most people can't hold out against 100 zombies. If Hades gets those dead people in the Underworld as his army, humankind and gods don't even stand a chance!
RossG

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate, I look forward to our intellectual sparring ;)
First off you've taken me by surprise there, I was honestly expecting Poseidon to be your god of choice. And truth be told I didn't really prepare for this choice. I suppose the playing field is completely even now that I have no pre-prepared arguments.
First off you make the point that there is a near infinite amount of undead, to a living being this is true but in the long run it is a very tiny fraction of the universes age. Zeus being immortal as all gods are would be able to survive this assault very easily,if he had an effective method of fighting these 'zombies'. Also you basically pointed out my response yourself 'if he (hades) can figure out how to get them into the Earth' with such a large number of undead, only a very small fraction will be able to leave at once and as far as i know there is only (2?) reasonably small exit and entry points into and from the underworld. It would take very little effort for zeus to annihalate this force as they leave the underworld in small numbers. (think the cliff pass from 300)
Lets say somehow this zombie like force managed to escape the underworld. Zeus is lord of the sky/heavens meaning he could very easily hover in said sky and attack Hades' force from this height. As far as im aware zombies cannot fly and would not be able to reach Zeus in his fortress of the sky. Even if by some miracle they managed to achieve flight, we must remember he is Lord of The Sky and it would take just a snap of his fingers to blow them right out of the air.
Superboy777

Con

Okay, first off, your argument is pretty funny. I want to point out one thing though. As you pointed out, the gods are immortal. Thus, your entire argument cannot exist. If a god cannot die, then how would it win or lose in a fight with another god. The zombie thing was more my version of the apocalypse and I must remind you that Hades would be helping the dead come out while Zeus would be too preoccupied fighting him. In conclusion, if all the gods are immortail, how can they win or lose in a fight with another?
RossG

Pro

My argument or the whole debate topic? If the former I am quite offended ;)

Forgive me if I am mistaken but you seem to be suggesting a fight can only end in death.
-Surrender
-Imprisonment

There those two are simple outcomes that could come from a war. simples.
Zeus has, in Greek mythology, leadership over all the Gods and strength more powerful than each of the Gods. In one story Hercules, zeus' half mortal son, managed to defeat Zeus with ease, I thinkk that Hades and his army would be a simple task for Zeus.
Superboy777

Con

If a simple half god can defeat Zeus, what makes you think that Zeus cannot be defeated by Hades too. I must remind you that many of Zeus's former enemies such as Kronus etc. are currently located in the Underworld and really dislike what Zeus did to them and all that. Hypothetically speaking, gods cannot really defeat each other as they are all immortal. Hades could in theory, make a blood oath with these titans etc. and team up with them to beat Zeus. In Viking mythology, the world ends when a monster from the Underworld comes and defeats everyone. What is to say that this won't happen with Greek mythology too? Zeus may have his thunderbolts, but Hades has crossed him several times (Persephone) and Zeus did not do anything about that. Why is that? Simply because Zeus does not have the ability to beat Hades, maybe at most a tie between the two.
Posted by Superboy777 6 years ago
Superboy777
lol
Posted by RossG 6 years ago
RossG
When i say hercules defeated Zeus, I meant he defeated Hades....whoopsies :S
Vote Placed by Sonofkong 6 years ago
Sonofkong
RossGSuperboy777Tied