Whose view of life is better? (Secular View)

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

This is not really a debate. It is just a fun way of seeing how you view life. I will make my statement of life in the second round. Round 1 should be only an acceptance otherwise you won't hav much to say round 2.

The voters can do a few things

1. Which side they most agree with
2. Which side touched them the most
3. Which side uses the most logic

there are no restictions for the voting just explain why you vote the way you do

Oh this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART of the debate. This should be ones SECULAR OUTLOOK ON LIFE. Not merely ones religious views other than that good luck to my debator.

My view of life is that everyone acts to benefit themselves. That everyone acts to optimize their marginal utility, whether they understand the concept or not.
This is a more fun and light hearted than what I am used to, so I will look forward to my opponent's response!

Your life comes down to a series of yes's and no's. Humans try to maximize our individual lives but making the right choices of yes's and no's. This could be represented by a binary number of 0's and 1's for an individual's life. And all the lives of all the people on Earth maybe even some aliens make up a giant number. And there's more. The position of every atom and molecule is a 0 and 1. The movement of every atom and molecule. The spin of the electron around the orbital. 0 and 1. The entire universe that we live can be composed up of 0's and 1's. If it was possible to obtain that knowledge, then we would know the entire course of the universe. Our universe is merely one giant number being manipulated by time and space. Me typing this sentence is only happening because time and space wrote in invisible number code for me to do this. But what causes the 0's and 1's. Well, that very well may have been decided before the big bang. For you see, in order for the sequence of numbers to begin, it must be determined before the big bang that way the atoms and molecules will have a direction to travel in. But what actually decided what that number would be. I believe that if we find that answer then we will hold the secret to time and space and the ability to manipulate the numbers in a way to allow a realm of possibilities that we humans never thought imaginable and then who knows what will happen then.

But do you know what I think is the most remarkable of all. The question "why is it that way?" will still be the unanswered question of our life time. What I want to be able to answer is the impossible. I'm not talking about the type of question like "Is this statement false?" where the very fabric of the question makes it unsolvable like the square root of negative one. I am talking about know the super reason for existence. Not the big bang. But rather the cause of the big bang and the cause of the cause of the big bang. I want to know "why?"
Because if we learn the answer to why then the universe will be finally understood and the truly oldest question will be answered "What is the meaning of life?" and "For what purpose do I live"

Thank you for taking a minute to jump into my mind. I hope this changed the way you think about everything.

People respond to incentives. The are motivated by what motivates them. They act to optimize utility, and they do this by subconsciously noting the marginal utility of performing an action. In other words, how much pleasure is derived from performing a certain action one more time. According to the Law of Decreasing Marginal Utility, the more times an action is done, the less marginal utility that action brings. Eventually, the marginal utility is so small that the person making the decision switches to another action to get more marginal utility. This is how people work. This is how people make decisions. They determine the course of action that best benefits them.
Now, one could make a point about altruism. In theory, altruistic behavior is entirely selfless; however, people often like or want to help people. This implies that helping people brings the "altruistic" person happiness. They are motivated by an emotional incentive, and that is why they help people.
When you look at it, people respond to four different types of incentives: social, emotional, moral, and economic.
Social motivations are those that advance one's social desires. Whether that is making or losing friends, it is a powerful motivator for human actions. People want to look good in the eyes of others.
Emotional motivations include what I described above about "altruism". People act in ways that make them feel good and prevent them from feeling bad.
Moral motivations are the religious motivations. People act in ways that guarantee them happiness in the afterlife and prevents them from eternal damnation.
Economic motivations include any action that advances someone's economic status by making them wealthier. This one is the most self explanatory.

Each action fits into one of the above categories. Each action benefits the person performing the action. Each decision is made with the intention of advancing one's desires. Lastly, all of the decisions are made utilizing the marginal utility rule.

Thank you,
Vote Con
Vote Placed by daem0n 1 year ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Rule 1 of this debate says I can vote for the side I most agree with. I agree more with Con than with Pro. As a *view of life*, Con's is more useful and enlightening than Pro's. It actually helps us understand human life.