TT
ChuckHenryII

Why America lost its title as The United States of America

TT

Pro

The reason that we lost this above title, is the fact that because of the segregation of Arizona. I do believe that Arizona should check papers without reason. at the same time we cant have people from another country over running ours, taking our benifits, and expecting us to take up the culture they CHOOSE to leave. this isnt just Mexicans, but many different cultures and people. im not racisist i just want them to have citizenship and a good job. So because of segregation against Arizona we have forgot our title.
ChuckHenryII

Con

First off, I would like to thank my opponent for this debate opportunity (even though we only have 750 words)
Now on to my points.
1. What do you mean we've lost our title? Last time I checked we're still called the United States of America.
2. What the heck does immigration or Arizona for that matter have to do with the name of our country? America was founded on immigration, from all countries(http://www.suite101.com...), and America was named after Amerigo Vespucci (http://library.thinkquest.org...) who happened to be an explorer/immigrant himself.
3. You are not clear in what you are trying to say. You don't want immigration but you want it? (please clarify)
Now to the pro.
TT

Pro

Many governors are telling people to boycott Arizona, because of its new law proposal, in my opinion thats not very fair or patriotic or even united.
im all for LEGAL immigration, i want everyone in America to have citizenship, and to live appropriatly in our country.

i now call this country The Ununited States of America.
ChuckHenryII

Con

First of all, you are lacking specifics such as the number of governors, and which ones, who you claim are telling people to boycott Arizona. Second, you don't say how many people are boycotting. You also say the boycotting isn't fair. Boycotting is strictly a voluntary, individual right guaranteed to citizens by the constitution. Also, while we're speaking of boycott, I think you have the wrong concept. A boycott is a form of protest which involves voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a service. What service are people abstaining from? Next up is the fact that the amount of people who you say are "boycotting" Arizona is too insignificant to matter. According to a recent survey, 6 in 10 Americans support the law.
TT

Pro

its ridiculous that you dont understand this
ChuckHenryII

Con

First off, my opponent failed to put forth any arguments against my points and only said, "its ridiculous that you don't understand this". Since no refutations were made, he must either agree with me or forfeit this round. Secondly, if I don't understand this, then attack my points, point out what it is that I don't understand. Lastly, I don't think it is I who doesn't understand, but rather my opponent. If you believe in something you should have a reason or evidence to do so. If I don't like Obama, I have to have reasons. I can't just not like him for no reason whatsoever. My opponent believes that Arizona is being separated, but has no reasons, no evidence to back up what he believes in.

I now turn to the affirmative.
TT

Pro

think of your self as an owner of a tourism business, your doing good and you increase enough money to but more and more things, but all of a sudden you lose 75% of your planned business, could you manage? with all the places and things you have to continuosly pay for?
No America DID NOT lose its title, but it isnt acting any bit like it is.
4/10 Americans is enough to make a tremendous change.
How do you plan to hold on to your business?
ChuckHenryII

Con

First of all, you never mention where this business is so I'll just assume it's in Arizona. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say you supported the laws? If this is true, then you are contradicting yourself by saying that the laws area bad thing because they hurt business. You provide no sources for the 75% loss of business argument, and, in case you haven't noticed, businesses are going bankrupt all over the US, not just in Arizona. This example doesn't tie to the original topic, and you sill haven't shown me how we are separating Arizona from the US. If you own a tourism business you won't be hurt by the laws because illegal immigrants aren't going to be seeing the sights, but rather trying to find a job in an unstable economy.
TT

Pro

yes it hurts business, but so do illegal immigrants. I would say that most people in Arizona don't vacation there too much, so assume that your profit is from people visiting from other states. I apologize if this makes no understanding to you, boycotting affects the economy of Arizona. immigration hurts it also because while trying to be fair when it comes to other ethnicity's (walmart for an example)

By hurting Arizona and such, it builds up resentment (if you know what I mean) tourism isn't just the sights, but the cities. crime can start because of a misunderstanding between two ethnicity's and make the crime and danger rate rise.

I thank you for this debate. and look forward to the next reply.
ChuckHenryII

Con

First, by saying "it hurts business" I have no idea what you mean. Second, if it is people from other states then your tourism business still isn't hurt because it has nothing to do with illegal immigrants. My point on boycotting is that you have no proof that people boycotting(if they do) hurt the economy. In your second paragraph, you state the fact tat clashing ethnicities cause crime rates to rise. This is proving my point because we need to remove the unnecessary illegals to prevent unnecessary clash. Finally, this whole round has been pointless for my opponent because he has STILL failed to prove that Arizona is being separated from the rest of the US, which is the whole point of this debate.

I thank my opponent for the opportunit
Posted by studentathletechristian8 6 years ago
studentathletechristian8
*Arizona
studentathletechristian8
I do NOT support the Arizone Immigration Bill.
Posted by TT 6 years ago
TT
i apologize for the title.
Posted by Rusty 6 years ago
Rusty
So much fail on Pro's behalf. I'm sorry, but really...
Posted by ChuckHenryII 6 years ago
ChuckHenryII
The link for my 6 in 10 argument is: (http://www.politicsdaily.com...) I couldn't fit this in the debate due to the limit on words. (750 is a ridiculous amount for an adequate argument)
Posted by Rusty 6 years ago
Rusty
The opposite of united is divided, just so you know... not... nevermind.
Posted by TT 6 years ago
TT
read the debate
Posted by Rusty 6 years ago
Rusty
I didn't accept the debate or anything, but when did we lose our title?
Posted by Korashk 6 years ago
Korashk
Also, I like you username pi.
Posted by Korashk 6 years ago
Korashk
Just read the oppening round, huh?
Vote Placed by skigirlrox 6 years ago
skigirlrox
TTChuckHenryIITied
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 6 years ago
I-am-a-panda
TTChuckHenryIITied
Vote Placed by Comrade_Ulyanov 6 years ago
Comrade_Ulyanov
TTChuckHenryIITied
Vote Placed by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
TTChuckHenryIITied