threadandneedle
blagdon

Why Ballet is Harder than Football

blagdon has forfeited round #3.
Started: 2/23/2017 Category: Sports
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

threadandneedle

Pro

I think ballet is harder than football because ballerinas need to strong, flexible, and be in perfect shape, whereas in football the players need to strong and be very large.
Ballet is harder than football because ballet is a sport and an art. As in football, it is just a sport. In ballet, they need to work hard, but they cannot show it on their face. Where in football it does not matter. While ballerinas dance, they need to look graceful. Whereas in football the players just run and look angry along with it. In football, they do not hold the position for a minute or more, whereas in ballet they do.
In ballet, they must tell a story with their emotion, whereas in football, the players have emotion, but they do not tell a story. In football, players chase a ball around, whereas in ballet they run around but they must look light. For example, let us say the ballerinas need to do a dance where they need to look sad. Ballerinas must have those droopy puppy eyes and look very sad at the same time remembering to keep control of each muscle in their own body. In football, the players need just to get the ball and it does not what their facial emotion looks like. The point of ballet is to look graceful and enjoy doing it. The purpose of a football player is to steal the ball and run with the ball to get a touchdown and get a large portion of money. Ballerinas may get a decent amount of money as a company dancer, but that is not the point of dancing.
Ballet looks like it requires a lot more strength and they need to be able to take the pain. A male dancer, the man would need to be able to lift about a hundred-pound girl. At least the man can catch the woman whereas in football they throw a two-pound ball, and rarely catch the ball. In ballet, ballerinas need upper and lower body strength whereas in football they need mostly upper. In ballet, they work hard, but at least they do not fight each other close to death. What they don't see are the hours of rehearsal that girl has put into her performance, the blisters on her feet from practice, they don't see the multiple injuries that she should put out of the way to make herself look graceful (debate.org). Football players have tons of practices too, and maybe some broken bones, but I don"t think they enjoy doing the sport. I personally think they just do the sport maybe just for the money, or just the pride of being a famous football player.
I am not saying football is easy either. Football is a very difficult sport to play. They need to be a very strong athlete and need to be able to jump and land on the very hard grass and not get hurt. Dancers get bloody blisters, sore muscles, and broken ankles, but they work for those scars. Ballerinas and football players must have the right core muscles in their body, but at the same time enjoy doing it.
blagdon

Con

Football is an incredibly hard sport. It is not for Neanderthals, as you are implying. You are also insinuating that ballet has more injuries than football which is also ridiculous. Ballet injuries are more to do with joints and tenditinits which occurs over time. If you count a blister as an injury, then I feel bad for your terrible pain tolerance. Football teams have hundreds of plays, all with different routes, blocks, zones, man coverages. Everybody on the field has to be in sync, and know what every other player is doing. The fact that you said they "rarely" catch the football is also ridiculous, as most receivers have well over 50% catch percentages. Football takes weeks just to master one play. Ballet is difficult. However, football is insanely hard at a competitive level, as you need to have a very high football IQ, and extreme cardio. Many of professional football players do not do it for the money, people do not dedicate their whole life for something they do not like.
threadandneedle

Pro

But you work for those blisters, of course, a little blister isn't an injury. But when I see those blisters and after they scar up I notice how much those scars mean to me because I work hard and I get those scars, which I work for. Football player doesn't really "work" for their scars it kinda just happens. Ballet is harder because we have to have absolute control over the little muscle in our body. Football players do football for the PRIDE. To be KNOW as that really good football player. They do "rarely" catch the ball. Do your research. In ballet, there is no one else stopping you from doing what you're doing. When you landing a pirouette some big fat large guy isn't gonna come run you over. Also, when you dance you stay in shape too. ;)
blagdon

Con

You're telling me to do my research, but have provided me with no facts. The fact that there is nobody stopping you from spinning in a circle, makes it much easier. Saying that all football players are fat, and guys, shows your ignorance towards the sport. Have you interviewed football players, and saw they play for glory and money? Or are you just blindly throwing out statistics, pointlessly? Football players work extremely hard on their game, and conditioning. Many passes are caught, some are dropped. Just like ballerinas may land many jumps, they also fall on them. That does not mean they "rarely" land. The sport of football is much more complex than the sport of ballet. That does not mean ballet is simple, and that is it not difficult. Furthermore, just because there is obese football players, does not mean all football players are "big fat large guys".
threadandneedle

Pro

Do you even play either sports? Do you even know the pain? But what about all of the muscles you need to control whereas in Football you just run around?! Ya every now and then they catch the ball but what I see and ready, not that often. What about the guys who do ballet? And no, not all of the guys who do ballet is gay. They have to throw around girls who are 100- 150 pounds around. Where in football they just run around and catch a FREKIN 2 POUND BALL! See the boy part in ballet is harder than a boy's part in football.
Posted by threadandneedle 1 year ago
threadandneedle
@trump27

Lol, I think I did it times 6. Yes, I understand I have kinda played catch with my brother but not a very harsh in like a real game.
Posted by Trump27 1 year ago
Trump27
@threadandneedle

I understand your point of view. Football and ballet are two different types of hard I would say. Football is more blunt and tough, but ballet does require a lot of physical stamina and gracefulness. Injuries can happen in both. Both require a lot of practice. But when it comes down to it we both have our own separate opinions, neither of us have experienced the others experiences so its just a matter of your own personal thought on the matter (btw 10 times $119.00 would be $1190 haha, I am quite proficient in math)
Posted by threadandneedle 1 year ago
threadandneedle
@Dirty-Morgs

Ballet is an art and a sport. Ballet is categorized under dance ;)
Posted by Dirty-Morgs 1 year ago
Dirty-Morgs
ballet is a dance not a sport
Posted by threadandneedle 1 year ago
threadandneedle
@trump27

I didn't say that football is easy either... Football is definitely on the top of hardest sports. What about holding the pain like holding the splits that hurt. What about breaking your ankle and your bones come out of your skin? What about that tearing feeling in my Plantar fascia ligament and my Achilles tendon? Dude, it feels like your tearing your skin off and it pinches you. Football and ballet both get super sore muscles, and both get super castrocnemius muscles. What about the money you put into dancing? The supplies the SHOES?! I have bought 10 pairs of pointe shoes that cost $119.00 each! {If math isn't your thing that's $714.00} And for classes don't even get me started.. 11 classes a week. $1,190.78 that's the tuition. {Off Subject thou} And no I have not played football I'm not interested in almost killing myself and I'm not gonna try out either, it's too easy for me. I have the muscles that are stronger than football players {well not exactly because I am a woman.} Football is definitely not easy I can see you get your off and on and you can truly get hurt. Why do you just want to fight over a ball you can simply just buy your own. What about the surgery you have to have so you can get a company contract. You have to have the right shape and be fit. Football players are definitely not "fat" but they are really big and kinda scary. What about being able to just pop up on your toes? Football does have pain but so does ballet. You have to HAVE CONTROL over ever little part in your body being able to keep a position, holding it, and being flexible being able to just bend yourself like a Barbie doll. And your right, ballet is NOTHING compared to competitive football it's simply harder than football.
Posted by Trump27 1 year ago
Trump27
Obviously you have never played football or experienced the pain, difficulty, and work that it entails, and this actually angers me that you can say its so tough getting foot blisters dancing around a stage, I'm not saying it doesn't have its hardships, but it is NOTHING compared to competitive football. This kind of insults me as a player as you are discrediting the three years and more to come that I have sacrificed to the sport, and that you claim your blisters are real injuries, over on the football field we get the blisters added on top of excruciatingly painful hits, tackles, and ensuing injuries. Many of my friends have gotten concussions, broken arms and legs, and a broken rib, which almost punctured his lung. It's hard for me to believe that you can consider a non-contact sport harder than one of the most physical sports there is, and it shows your tremendous arrogance and lack of understanding that you think so, and fyi football training an cardio is 10x harder than dancing will ever be, why don't you try out for the team yourself next year, and see for yourself.