BIDOOFisBEAST
Dtxenioutha

Why Bidoof is the best Pokemon ever.

Dtxenioutha
Started: 10/15/2011 Category: Technology

BIDOOFisBEAST

Pro

There are many pokemon in Pokemon games, but Bidoof is clearly the best. Bidoof is so strong that it is in the uber tier on smogon. This is why Bidoof is the best pokemon ever.
Dtxenioutha

Con

I thank Pro for creating this debate, and I will challenge his/her assertion that Bidoof is the best Pok�mon.

...Bidoof is clearly the best.

This starts from no foundation. This statement does not express what it's the best at. Is it the best at level one? Is it the best at level 50? Is it the best at level 100? I shall challenge this statement from each of these benchmarks.

Stat comparison between Bidoof and Pikachu:
At LEVEL ONE:
Pikachu starts off with a base stat total of 300. Bidoof starts off with a base stat total of 250.
At LEVEL 50:
Pikachu has 3 superior stats to Bidoof and 1 equal stat. Bidoof has 2 superior stats to Pikachu and 1 equal stat.
At LEVEL 100:

I shall also note now that no evolutions are involved in this, so there's no comparison between Raichu, Pikachu's evolution, and Bibarel, Bidoof's evolution, because if Bidoof is Bibarel, then it's no longer Bidoof.

And what about the amount of moves it can learn in battle? Bidoof wins on that account, because it can learn more moves than Pikachu can (with or without evolution). So let's compare Bidoof to Mew.

I feel it unnecessary to elaborate, unless Pro wishes that I do so, on the number of moves that Bidoof can learn. All that need be mentioned, I feel, is that it cannot learn all of them. Mew, on the other hand, can learn every TM as well as HM in the Pok�mon world.

To summarise: Bidoof is not the best, because if one seeks powerful stats, then they can simply look to Pikachu, an easy-to-obtain basic Pok�mon, and if one seeks versatility, then they can simply look to Mew.

Smogon University

Without Moody, there are many Pok�mon that are superior to Bidoof. Abusing Moody to its fullest is banned in most standard games. On top of that, Bidoof is not the only Pok�mon that can know Moody.

I look forward to Pro's rebuttal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
http://www.smogon.com...
BIDOOFisBEAST

Pro

TO PIKACHU TO PIKACHU!!?!?!? Your a generic Ash ketchup fan I see. Pikachu is not as good in the game as it is in the
show, in the show it can shock ground pokemon, in the game it dies to anything. Especialy Bidoof. I was able to solo all the games you can get Bidoof in, this leads me to another issue, why can't you get Bidoof in all games?

Any way, Bidoof is Uber, Pikachu isn't even in NU, that makes Bidoof better, despite less stats, Bidoof is still much stronger according to Smogon.
Dtxenioutha

Con

I would like to thank Pro for his rebuttal and continuation of this debate.

You recognise that Pikachu can shock Ground Pok�mon in the television show, which while contradictory to the game still shows a positive trait of Pikachu... in the show.

You also assert that Pikachu "dies to anything". I would like to show a video in which not only does Pikachu win, Pikachu also receives a hit from the opponent's Staryu and does not "die".

I would also like to refer back to the source and demonstration that there are additional Pok�mon with the ability "Moody" that makes Bidoof stronger than others.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...

I would also like to compare the stats of Bidoof with another Pok�mon in the Uber tier, Arceus, without Moody.

Stats of Bidoof:
HP: 322, Atk: 207, Def: 196, SpA: 185, SpD: 196, Spe: 177.
Stats of Arceus:
HP: 444, Atk: 372, Def: 372, SpA: 372, SpD: 372, Spe: 372.

I look forward to Pro's rebuttal.

http://www.smogon.com...
http://www.smogon.com...
BIDOOFisBEAST

Pro

Its obvious you can hack a Pikachu so it has higher defense and offense. While Bidoof stats are lower, it is still much stronger, and still in the uber tier at smogon. So my point still stands.
Dtxenioutha

Con

Thank you, Pro, for your rebuttal and your continuation of this debate.

I would like to point out that if stats are lower, it's not stronger unless it has skills that can target the opponent's weakness. You have not asserted that in your argument, and even if you did, the assertion would have to have proof that it has moves that are powerful against ALL other Pok�mon (simultaneously, even) since you used the superlative "best". If there is even one Pok�mon that is better stat-wise or move-wise, then your argument is shattered.

I have demonstrated that there is a Pok�mon better in stats, better in moves, and better in Smogon.

Thank you for this debate. Magikarp just called me and told me that it's better than Bidoof.
Posted by pokemonsta433 3 years ago
pokemonsta433
I just want to point out that moody is extremely unreliable because you can have all your important stats lowered, and the non- important one raised. Choosing a moveset for bidoof is hard because you don't know what his stats are going to be.
bidoof also has other problems: the con has already pointed out some, but even it's design is a widely hated thing and has no place in the Pok"mon games (in my opinion)
Posted by AlmightyBidoof 3 years ago
AlmightyBidoof
Why is Bidoof the best pokemon ever?
LOOK AT THIS HULKING BROWN MOTHERF*CKER.
Bidoof can kill you with one look from that majestic face - you know that sh*t pulls bitches.
One tail whip is an instant K.O. , no doubt.
Strength? he got that.
Hyper Fang? he bite that.
Giga impact? he hit that.
Hyper beam? he ejactulates that.
Bidoof could crush you with one of those muscly, pimp-slapping paws.
there is no debate - just the all powerful Bidoof.
Posted by Sunbean 4 years ago
Sunbean
Best debate ever. xD I love Bidoof.
Vote Placed by larztheloser 5 years ago
larztheloser
BIDOOFisBEASTDtxeniouthaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I was going to give each debater a fair mark, but a Snorlax was blocking all the other "con" buttons.
Vote Placed by jm_notguilty 5 years ago
jm_notguilty
BIDOOFisBEASTDtxeniouthaTied
Reasons for voting decision: TROLOLOLOL.... No votebomb here. PRO loses conduct for disregarding CON's argument, PRO also loses SG for the horrible structure (CON had a better one), CON gets arguments for adequately arguing Pikachu's superior stats and convinced me that Bidoof is NOT the best Pokemon. CON also gets sources for actually using sources to support his arguments, unlike PRO.... TROLOLOLOL.
Vote Placed by Lickdafoot 5 years ago
Lickdafoot
BIDOOFisBEASTDtxeniouthaTied
Reasons for voting decision: con showed clearly why other pokemon have just as, if not more, desirable stats and abilities than bidoof.