Why Creation should be valued over Evolution

I don't think that evolution makes more sense than creation.

Since my opposition has only posted their position, I will do the same:

The Theory of Evolution is a scientific theory which is supported by sufficient evidence and properly explains the the complexity of life found on our planet while giving accurate predictions of genetic properties that are passed on through generations.

does evolution prove anything?

Does evolution prove anything?

The scientific method proves evolution. Therefore evolution is a theory describing reality. It is rather unclear what you mean by asking what something like that proves. I will interpret this statement as you asking me what impact evolution has on the description of reality.

But first, to give you a little idea of how valuable creationism is to us, go to a scientific journal (the one I went to was 'The Journal of Cell Biology' and type in evolution in the search bar. TO no ones surprise, there are a lot of results (2116) and to barley no ones surprise there were zero results when creationism was searched for. You can repeat this process in any other credible science journal and you will find that the creation theory of life on earth is not used in any research paper at all since it holds absolutely no predictive value and also no rational explanatory value.

Back to your question, what does evolution actual prove. Evolution is the change in a gene pool concerning multiple generations of an organism. The applications of this ranges from, for example explaining and counter acting an insect's evolved resistance to pesticides, to genetically altering food for our benefit, to creating wanted chemicals through the evolution of bacteria that produce these.

Through creationism we cannot produce anything of real value, except maybe a nice little story here and there. But through using the theory of evolution we can properly observe the gene pool of species and predict anything from speciation to even our own evolution. We can even create medicine through the already mentioned bacteria method and we can fight of viruses if we make utility of the predictions an evolutionary theory makes (An example of this you will probably know is the flu shot).

As you can see, the value of a theory, like creationism, that is entirely wrong and cannot predict anything is rather nonexistent.

huky21 forfeited this round.

My opponent has made no contribution, ergo I will add no more to the debate.
Posted by Sapiens 4 years ago
I was looking forward to at least some kind of response. He seemed quite sure of himself.
Posted by beatmaster2012 4 years ago
You forfeited so it's an automatic win.
Posted by huky21 4 years ago
I dont think so.
Posted by beatmaster2012 4 years ago
Con's going to win this.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago