Zob777
chiliflam

Why Donald trump would be a good president

Zob777

Pro

Okay, most people think Donald trump wouldn't be good president, yet nobody could tell me the reason why, can you? First off Donald trump isn't politically correct, our society has became a bunch of people who get their feelings hurt over the truth. He started with one million dollars, he worked his butt off and is now a billion air more the 100x what he started with, is that not good qualifications to become the runner of our country. We know he is a hard worker, doesn't take crap, and is a smart man. Why should he not be president?
chiliflam

Con

To begin, I would like to say that I am 100% Republican. With that being said, I am also 100% against Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. Unlike many Democrats and even some Republicans, I do not believe that Donald Trump is a "bigot" or a "racist." I think that he does have some good traits and he does have good ideas when it comes to immigration. However, when it comes to executing these ideas (which, let me add, is the primary job of the President) I simply don't think it can be done.

Donald Trump believes that it is possible to deport an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants. If it was possible, then I would be all for removing illegals who take out of the system and put nothing back in, but it is just an impractical undertaking. And now, we come to the Great Wall of Trump. Is it even rational to believe that Donald Trump has the power to force President Enrique Pe"a Nieto to pay for a wall that would stretch for nearly 2,000 miles? The President of Mexico has already said that he would NOT pay for this.

Donald Trump has a very simple tax plan that seems to be better than the thousands of pages of tax plans that we have now, but it would ruin America by putting us further in debt. This tax plan would cost almost $10 trillion and Mr. Trump feels that it would all be paid for by "eliminating loop holes for the rich" and ending tax deferrals for companies doing business over seas. Yes, taxes do need to be lowered and tax plans do need to be simplified, but it just can't be done by Donald Trump.

I end my argument with this. Donald Trump would be better than ANY Democrat, but he would not be a good president. He has great ideas, but they would be impossible to be fully executed.
Zob777

Pro

Zob777 forfeited this round.
chiliflam

Con

chiliflam forfeited this round.
Zob777

Pro

Zob777 forfeited this round.
chiliflam

Con

chiliflam forfeited this round.
Posted by dtien400 12 months ago
dtien400
I take back what I said that Trump is not a politician: that was clearly fallacious and I don't know what I was thinking.

I'm just pointing out it's a bit ridiculous for Pro to say nobody has vocalized the reason why Trump wouldn't be a good president. Trump is a celebrity and has the charisma to secure votes, and is able to excel in the presidential campaign, and therefore he is a politician. I'm pointing out despite his success as a politician, being the president is a different and much more rigorous position altogether and relies less on popularity contests and more on experience (as well as other factors).
Posted by dtien400 12 months ago
dtien400

Posted by Quadrunner 12 months ago
Quadrunner
At the same time, a politician doesn't inherently have any advantage in those sectors, and Donald Trumps zero political experience is one of the reason's people like him. He's arguably the finest politician out there anyway as he's securing a good amount of votes, which is all a politician needs to do.
Posted by dtien400 12 months ago
dtien400
I think "good qualifications to become the runner of our country" would be political experience. Donald Trump had zero political experience before he ran for president, and this is something even his fans can't deny. Sure, Trump has experience in business and economics, but there are many other aspects of America he'd have to have a voice in like education, immigration, the military, etc. These are all topics he has no experience in because he is a businessman magnate, not a politician.