Calamitatum
ShadowxEnd2

Why Hard Rock and Heavy Metal is the best music genre (Pop and most Country is terrible)

ShadowxEnd2
Started: 9/18/2014 Category: Music

Calamitatum

Pro

I'm sick and tired of people saying Hard Rock and Heavy Metal (both old and modern) is for satanic, emo, gang, etc people. I'm tired of people's stereotypes and I'm here to prove that Hard Rock and Heavy Metal is not even close to those stereotypes, but I'm here to prove that it's the best music genre. And as long as there's kids in an old garage sick of BS, Hard Rock and Heavy Metal will never die.
ShadowxEnd2

Con

You can not definitively prove this because music is inherently based on opinion and not fact. You can list reasons why the music is good but it is impossible to actually prove that it is better than say electronic or country music. This might be true however if you are talking about specified effects I.e. Rock helps develop brain matter more than country. But I assume that this is not the basis for your claim since you have provided no evidence to suggest this.
Calamitatum

Pro

I can prove it and watch this debate (by the way for next round, what's your favorite music genre?):

Hard Rock and Heavy Metal is actually a good genre unlike most others. Classical is the second best, while Country and electronic is okay, and leaving pop music and rap to suck (I know that there's more music genre's but these are the only one's I want to touch on.

Pop and Rap music aren't good. List one good thing about them and I will debunk it. And while you're at it list one bad thing about Hard Rock and Heavy Metal (You cannot use Blood on the Dance Floor as a band against me because I'm fully aware that they suck). Let's see what you come
ShadowxEnd2

Con

All music genres have pros and cons depending on the person. If they only had cons they wouldn't exist and even if I can't come up with a pro I am positive they exist. I can't make an accurate statement about heavy metal or rock because I don't listen to them. But rap (the good kind) usually will raise awareness of political social and various other subjects while expressing how an artist feels about these subjects. Rap also uses language techniques such as rhyming to establish an idea in an educated and intelligent way. Pop music is good (using that term lightly because I don't like it either) because it speaks to a large audience or is just catchy in quite a few cases. Although I rarely listen I would say rock and heavy metal are a bit harsh and loud and wouldn't appeal to everyone. As stated before music is based on opinion so you can't really make a lot of factual statements about one genre being better than the other.
Calamitatum

Pro

Calamitatum forfeited this round.
ShadowxEnd2

Con

ShadowxEnd2 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
CalamitatumShadowxEnd2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con argued that Pro couldn't make a solid objective case for one genre to be better than another. Pro claimed he could, but he did not. Arguments, then, to Con. Both sides forfeited, so all other categories seem equal enough. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.