backwardseden
CrypticIndividual

Why I do not believe in god and never will... Rightly. Justly. And with good cause.

CrypticIndividual has forfeited round #2.

backwardseden

Pro

I found out at a very early age that since the book of Ruth from the torah is out of chronological order in comparison to the bible, then the entire text of the bible is out of order. And then I started to read the torah and wow what a monster and devil the god in it truly is, not love nor care by any means.
I could not believe the horrors into what I was reading. There was this god character hating children and causing their knowing suffering in which is so point blank obvious through many verses, hating gays (though naturally I didn’t discover that until a later age), hating women and keeping women at lower ranks, absolutely loves war and deliberate genocides for absolutely no reason which means that he kills innocent children and babies still suckling on their mother’s nipples and he also kills innocent pregnant mother’s. Ah yes that’s the first sign of abortion in which christians are so against. So that is a super major hypocritical contradiction. And then this god kills, but man cannot and yet god says for man to kill under this god’s thumb in his holy wars which is also a major thumb sucking hypocritical contradiction. Indeed there are a good thousand hypocritical contradictions and inconsistencies in the bible making it truly unreadable. Then naturally there’s slavery in which this god approves of. He also loves raped women. There’s also no free will if you believe in this monstrosity god. Indeed through my studies of god for 42+ years and having talked with roughly 25,000 or so, the god of the bible/ torah is completely bankrupt and immoral. I will never believe in the god of the bible for obvious reasons. And hey, there’s no proof this god even exists to pour syrup over the strains of coffee.

Your mission in this debate is to prove why this god character of the bible/ torah should be worshiped, bowed down to and idolized and be believed in.

Rules…
If you pretend you have some insight for the subject in which this debate is based upon and you really don’t, and you thus invent excuses and or flat out lie in order for your steam boat mechanical minced mutton moron mind to toot along golden railroad tracks because nothing else will as so many christians do rather than saying the words “I don’t know”, I will turn on your happy hairy hoo hunky running of the mill hamster and I will thus properly and rightly insult you and deservedly so.

No creationist will be accepted. Why? Because there’s not one creationist that will dare put his god on trial again. After all, the creationist is not stupid. He 100% knows that he will flat out lose every---single---time---he---tries. Why? Because all he has to go on is faith. All the creationist has is faith based oriented. And faith cannot be proved.
CrypticIndividual

Con

I will just say before I post this, I do not entirely know why those hateful things are in the bible, but there are some possible reasons. The bible was not written by God, it is possible for there to be some culture in there and some things written in there just because of the time the bible was made. About the homophobia, there are many places in the bible where it talks about homosexuality, so I would have an easier time responding if you mention what you think are the prime examples of homophobia. The bible does mention women being put at lower ranks, that is correct, but it is still likely for it to just be because of how things went back then. I don't exactly know what you are referring to by genocides, but if you are talking about Noah's arc (sorry if that is not what you meant), it is not that god hated mankind, he was just disappointed and wanted them to have a fresh start, which is why he had to kill so many people.

About the evidence that god exists, there is certainly evidence. First of all, (this point is not evidence, it is just pointing out how Atheism is not logical, the next point will be evidence) to say that we just happen to be in a world where all animals happen to breathe, excrete, and eat is highly unlikely. Every animal has lots of similarity which fits them into the animal kingdom, assuming the universe was created without any help from a divine power is almost impossible.

One of the strongest points that I would like to see you explain is the prophecies. There have been many prophecies in the bible that have come true, such as:

"...This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years. But when the seventy years are fulfilled, I will punish the king of Babylon and his nation, the land of the Babylonians, for their guilt," declares the Lord, "and will make it desolate forever."

You can get even more examples of such prophecies here:
http://www.reasons.org...
backwardseden

Pro

“I do not entirely know why those hateful things are in the bible, but there are some possible reasons.” Well I do. That’s easy. The idiots who wrote the bible who cannot even prove that their god exists, as the matter of fact no one can, are nothing but sweaty pieces of rear end wipes that wanted to prove just how macho and strong they could be, to prove how powerful they could be. They knew with that power, they could instill fear into their followers and it would make their subject much much much easier to control. This is seen in soooo many religions splattered across the melting pot of history. By no means is god unique.
Oh and btw, nice guess on YOUR part since you obviously believe in this god of yours that he did not write the bible and man did. You really shouldn’t guess at something into nothing that you pretend you know something about. Because your next statement begins with “it is possible…” Therefore you don’t know. You like nearly 100% of all christians out there, you guess.

“many places in the bible where it talks about homosexuality,” Not really. And this god of yours also threatens to kill you if you are gay. Do you think you should die if you are gay? Pretty sick and 100% pure evil if you do. But that’s EXACTLY what the bible states. So since you believe that your bible was written by man, its rather simple, you cannot follow it with thinking, reasoning, rationalizing, common sense nor logic.

Now we get into women and you mention “but it is still likely…” meaning once again that you do not know and that you guess. “for it to just be because of how things went back then.” Well that’s a stupid reason as any as god is unchanging. So “back then” and or time has nothing to do with it.

“I don't exactly know what you are referring to by genocides,” then you haven’t read your bible in the slightest and it just goes to show you that you like nearly 100% of all christians they don’t know how despicable and unjust their god is.

Indeed god is far far far worse than Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan combined. Here's some examples... 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813 etc etc etc Yeah god is really so moral huh? There’s no such a thing as “love” within any genocide.
Oh absolutely god hates mankind. He kills innocent babies still suckling on their mother’s nipples, children for jeez sakes, pregnant mother’s which is rather odd considering the fact that christians are so against abortions which is a major hypocritical contradiction in which your bible is filled with at least 1,000 inconsistencies and hypocritical contradictions thus proving the bible to be truly unreadable.

Oh absolutely in noah’s ark did god truly hate mankind. Jeez whatever gave you the first clue? So you are telling me, well actually anybody that knows how to burp, that EVERYBODY, every single person, everyone, was evil and wicked? Of course that would include babies still sucking on their mother’s nipples, children, and pregnant mother’s - IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING??? AND THAT THE GREAT FLOOD thus wiping out ALL animals except for two of each species, in which the great flood never happened was JUSTIFIED thus it being the greatest genocide of all time, by far and thus it being the worst case of animal abuse of all time by far??? Not even in any storybook was/ is it justified unless you believe in pure 100% hate and evil and complete immorality. Period. Oh and btw as an example: How are 2 anteaters supposed to survive on eating only 2 ants?

“he was just disappointed and wanted them to have a fresh start,” Wow. You don’t destroy all living things because you are “disappointed”. Actually god according to the bible is a super crybaby. If he doesn’t get his way, he either kills somebody or he gets in his words... angry, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealous, evil. Jealousy? What from a supreme deity? Jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear. Even worse is this supposed god of yours passed down those emotions so man could in turn learn to hate with all the baggage that comes along with it that these emotions clearly are that this god drags around with him. Hey god, dump those emotions and how’s about thinking about peace, kindness, love, caring for each other, harmony etc? Nah. So don’t talk to me or anyone that YOUR god is “good” when he is most certainly not anything like it. Disappointed???????????????????????????????????????? Not only that since this god of YOURS has these emotions it clearly means that he is imperfect. Now who in their right stale mind would ---ever--- want to bow down to an inferior supreme deity bile god such as the one you picked from your closet because what else could it be?

Strange isn’t it that in comparison that the Inca, many of the native American Indian tribes until your white man greasy sweaty racist pig christian wiped them out, the aborigines, Hindu’s, Gaia Mother Earth, Buddhists etc etc etc they do not practice nor preach nor go to war over their religions, not anywhere close to the evils nor hate that the christians do. Now why is that? And yet according to your god worshiping other gods is considered to be the most evil thing there is, and you should be stoned to death for it. So you follow your lord’s orders and you come on down here and stone me to death. Whatsamatter? You are not going to follow your god’s orders? Why? Why not?

“there is certainly evidence.” You can’t even come up with a single ounce of it. If you are going to state something, then you need to provide some evidence for what you are saying rather than blurting out air into hydrogen bomb. Otherwise the dumping ground is upon you. No there’s 0 evidence for god. None. Watch this video from 12:15 until the end
https://www.youtube.com...

Oh atheism is perfectly logical. Its not atheists that are dumb enough to claim that there is a god. It is always up to you christians, no exceptions, none, to prove that there is.

Matt Dillahunty “The question is ill formed. The question is ‘what proof and evidence do you have that atheism is true’? Atheism is the position of NOT accepting the theological explanation. It is NOT accepting the god hypothesis. It is in fact the null hypothesis. It cannot be proven to be true. It is the default position. And christianity and Buddhism and Hinduism and Islam they have all failed to meet their burden of proof. Its not up to me to prove they are any gods anymore than it is up to me to prove that that there isn’t bigfoot or fairies or UFO’s. The default position, the null hypothesis is that these things aren’t true. And we wait and we reserve belief until they are demonstrated to be true. Does that make sense?
Caller “Does that mean atheism is not a worldview?”
Matt “ That’s correct. Atheism isn’t a worldview. It doesn't have any pennants or dogma, no books, no authorities. It is a SINGLE position on a SINGLE question on the existence of gods. Now there is a world view that many atheists share. Most of us, at least with the ACA, are skeptics, that informs our worldview. Its my atheism as a direct product of skepticism. Many of us are secular humanists which tells us a little bit more about our moral outlook on life and other things. There’s many many many labels that would fit. There are a number of secular worldviews that are consistent with atheism. Just saying you are an atheist alone doesn’t say anything at all about somebody’s worldview. By the way most Buddhists are atheists. They don’t believe in a god. But they believe in any number of, in some cases, supernatural things that I don’t accept, some of them don’t accept that either, so yeah atheism is not a worldview. It can certainly be a part of a worldview. But its not a worldview in that broad sense.” .,

“This is not just a matter of opinion. This is an entire branch of philosophy of epistemology about how we go about determining whether or not a ---claim--- is reasonably and rationally justified. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The claim that there is a god is an extraordinary claim which requires more than just pointing to an old book. That is simply NOT rational to the claim. Sorry. Its not just an opinion. There’s more to life than that.” Matt Dillahunty

“where all animals happen to breathe, excrete, and eat is highly unlikely” Really? According to what? You? How would you know? What grade of tin foil gin and tonic bar mitzvah yodeling grunge country western modem coughed upped graduation party have you come up with to make such an assertion? Guessing again? Obviously.

“Every animal has lots of similarity..." Oh I get it, so since you do not have the answers for something, just as every christian doesn’t, you in your grease pit monkey brain go “Gee willickers, gosh, I don’t know. Therefore god did it. POOF zap zang zowie. I now have my answers!” Here’s the key that you christians don’t get… any good atheist/ scientist will always say when they do not have the answers for something… “I don’t know”. Alas those are true terrorists words to christians because after all, you have the keys to the universe, the cure to cancer, and how to stop Irma and Harvey from ever forming within your little blank black book.

There have been absolutely no bible prophecies that have come true. None. The idiocies you mentioned are scarcely prophesies. Invent better excuses please. You were the one stating that the bible was written by man. So you don’t think it was just a teeny tiny bit forged in there would yah? Or that it never happened because you can’t even prove that your god even remotely exists?

Summary
Come up with some EVIDENCE. don't guess!!!
Posted by canis 10 months ago
canis
If you do not believe..You want to see what is...If you believe you see your believe and not what is.
Posted by backwardseden 10 months ago
backwardseden
Well we both know that god according to the bible does not exist... unless you believe in utter hate and evil which is so ridiculously easy to prove. That's according to the bible in which no god would ever use text to communicate in, in the first place, the worst form of communication possible rather than using actual evidence such as talking to us.
Posted by uppitynumber 10 months ago
uppitynumber
So to clarify, which is the resolution: that God does not exist or that the God, as he's written about in the religious texts, is worth worshipping, real or no?

If it's the latter and I'll debate you. The former is such a familiar, well-trodden bore.