TheReformedChristian
m93samman

Why Justin Beiber is not a good influence on kids

TheReformedChristian

Pro

I feel Justin Beiber is not a good influence on kids for 3 reasons

1. His influence is turning kids into obssesive fanbois
2. His fans will run to his defense even when someone expresses dislike of his music.
3. Justin beiber's talent will dwindle over time and his name will be forgotten as with every teen idol in the past.
m93samman

Con

I wish my opponent luck in this debate.

Pro has the burden of proof in this round inasmuch as he is making the affirmative statement "Justin Beiber (Bieber) is not a good influence on kids).

I'll begin by addressing pro's arguments and then provide some negative arguments to uphold my position.

===Refutation===

Observation: My opponent literally makes 3 unsupported assertions and leaves it at that. He has failed to make any substantial arguments in this debate, so as of now I have nothing to refute. Nonetheless, I will do so.

1. "His influence is turning kids into obssesive fanbois".

---> First, I would argue that this is not a change from before. Pop artists before him like Eminem and Taylor Swift had large fan bases all across the world, but they were never found to be "bad influences".
Second, there is no brightline between an obsessive and a non-obsessive "fanboi" (my opponent butchered the spelling in his argument).
Finally, I would say that to be a "fanboi" really isn't a problem inasmuch as music is simply a hobby or a recreation. To say having a favorite artist is a bad thing is like saying that having a favorite sports team is mentally perturbing.

2. "His fans will run to his defense even when someone expresses dislike of his music."

---> Why is that a problem? If someone tells me that Eminem is a bad rapper, I would defend his reputation as the best rapper alive. That doesn't mean he's a bad influence on me; he has given me a source of motivation with his life's story and his expressiveness. Maybe someone found the same with Jieber Weiber? That's there choice, my opponent has not proven that there is any bad influence.

3. "Justin beiber's talent will dwindle over time and his name will be forgotten as with every teen idol in the past."

---> Everyone is going to die one day and so he is a bad influence because his corpse takes up space wait WHAT? Oh. No argument here. We'll just cremate him when he dies, or donate his organs to those in need.

===Con Case===

1. Justin Bieber gives hope to teenage boys who have yet to undergo puberty.

Teenage boys across the nation who are in the same situation as JayBee aspire to be like him. If people have an aspiration to sing in a high-pitched feminine voice, having a model to look up to can only be a good thing.

2. Baby Jaja is the only cure for the Bieber-Fever

I apologize for my varying references to Jay-Billy. I just like giving people random nicknames. Anyways, if you have the Bieber-Fever it means that you are sick with a case of needing to hear Jabeebee all the time. If he can remedy the mental illness, how could he be a negative influence?

I urge a con vote, for my opponent is simply an anti-Beiberist, who follows the ideology commonly referred to as "anti-Beiberism".
TheReformedChristian

Pro

The problem with my opponets arguement is his definition of obsessive in his first premise and I will use the dictionary definition of the word the Dictionary defines it as follows:

1. being, pertaining to, or resembling an obsession: an obsessive fear of illness.
2. causing an obsession.
3. excessive, esp. extremely so.
–noun
4. someone who has an obsession or obsessions; a person who thinks or behaves in an obsessive manner

Reference:http://dictionary.reference.com...

Also if you want proof of Obsession with Justin Beiber here is some evidence of this Youtube user:

The points of Eminem and Taylor swift are irrelavent to this debate and a red herring I am speaking directly of Justin Beiber only.

To the 3 Rebuttal of my arguement my position is that the obsession will dwindle over time and they will forget about him so why these kids are soo obssesed in thinking things like I love Justin forever and defend him to the death is really disturbing how much longer till the point we have kids starting a cult of Beiber Fanboys not that they already have and then becoming martyr's?

now I will address his con position: My opponets states:

Here is the problem with the arguement why do not kids just be themselves this seems like the banwagon fallacy that since everyone is becoming a Justin Bieber fan I should as well. This gives kids false hope into thinking they can become something they may never be.

Again the only cure for Beiber Fever is if kids wake up to the reality that you should not be a trend follower but rather yourself why be something that you are not? and in regards to him being an influence my 3 premises bare witness to that.

So I urge voters to vote pro as my opponet has not brought any evidence to the contrary except that he is merely a fanboy of Justin Beiber just coming to the defense. I have brought sources that Beiber fan hype can lead to unhealthy habits.
m93samman

Con

Disclaimer #1: I despise Justin Bieber. Note in the comments how I said I was going to be "devil's advocate".

Disclaimer #2: That video = <333333333333333333333!!! It was hilarious!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

All of my opponent's definitions of obsessive use a variant of the word "obsessive" in them except for the third, which uses a synonym that rhymes. I don't even see why the definitions matter; anyways, he provides a video that I find personally to be hysterical, so yes, I agree that this individual maybe have an "obsession" with Jabaybay. Unfortunately, he has not shown that there are any negative impacts from defending him. Removing Jeiber would leave the world absent of the cuteness of this video.
Why wouldn't you want to have these cutesies running around and karaoke-ing? It's just adorable! She even skips Luda!

On a side note, my opponent's grammar and spelling is just atrocious. Moreover, the Eminem and Taylor are relevant because they are synonymous with Jay Beiber, just in other genres. It was never explained why they're red herrings.

Regarding the argument in which people will forget him... I quote my opponent "starting a cult of Beiber Fanboys not that they already have and then becoming martyr's?" If my opponent finds a martyr for the Beibinator, I'll consider conceding the debate.

===Defense of Con case===

An aspiration to become a singer like bieber is not a bad thing; my opponent claims it's bandwagon, but I don't see a Canadian trail full of thousands of wagons filled with little boys and girls who want to sing. There aren't many, but he's a role model for those few that are out there. The argument hasn't been un-substantiated.

My opponent claims that the only cure for Beiber Fever is to stop listening to Beiber. That's like saying the cure for home-sickness is to stop visiting home. My opponent clearly should not be a doctor, so you should

VOTE CON =)
TheReformedChristian

Pro

My opponet is using this video as an appeal to pity fallacy and ignoring the example I have given as the counter example

My spelling is irrelavent to this topic and is a diversion to the actual arguement an again this is not about eminem or taylor swift if my opponet could show a counter example with this it would be most helpful.

This is a strawman fallacy as you quoted I never said that notice the keyword starting a cult of Beiber Fanboys not that they already have and then becoming martyr's I said it is possible it could lead to this behavior not 100 percent for certain.

Another strawman fallacy I never said anything of Canadians I spoke as a whole and to the other point try searching those terms little boy or girl singing justin bieber songs and my opponet even proved it with the video he rebuttled with!.

I never claimed this again a strawman fallacy I merely said kids should be themselves not what pop stars or celeberties want them to be.

Again my opponet fails to provide evidence but continues to state I am a Justin Beiber hater which I never claimed.
m93samman

Con

I thank my opponent for his timely responses, but I wish to point out that his organization and spelling is really making it difficult to debate. He's not even making an attempt to be organized.

Anyways, "My oppone*N*t is using this video as an appeal to pity fallacy and ignoring the example I have given as the counter example"

Actually, I believe mine was the counter-example, because it was provided second. And regardless, they cancel each other out because they are only one example each.

Spelling is relevant; my opponent clearly has not looked at the points awarded for grammar/spelling and conduct. This is getting ridiculous.

Regarding the martyrs, my opponent said it is a possibility. Possibilities are everywhere, they are not arguments. It is possible that I could trip while walking with a pencil and it will stab my heart and kill me; this has happened to people. Just because there is a possibility of a problem, doesn't mean we should ban pencils.

~~~~Yada yada, my opponent continues claiming that I argue nothing but strawman and fail to provide evidence, which, to my opponent's dismay, is exactly what he is doing. He has yet to provide a shred of evidence and actually, he is the one fallaciously arguing- with ad hominems. My arguments are not strawman arguments, and he's attacking me but not my argument directly by refute it. This is ridiculous, my opponent isn't debating, just criticizing me of things I'm not doing. Vote con, for I have provided something you all want, shown here: http://fc05.deviantart.net...
TheReformedChristian

Pro

It seems now my opponet has decided to go off on a tangent now instead of addressing the arguement and thus post a picture as if it is relevant. My opponet attacks me claiming I ad Hominem him when I have done no such thing nor did he provide evidence for it. I have made my arguements known and feel my position is the most reasonable. I will allow the voters to decide.
m93samman

Con

Yes, let's let the voters decide. Voters?
Posted by Sonofkong 6 years ago
Sonofkong
No one mentioned the one thing that makes Justin Beiber harmful. The fact he sells sex to 7 year olds. If you ever had to take your daughter to a shop known as justice you will know what I'm talking about, their psyches will probably be messed up for life.
Posted by Mirza 6 years ago
Mirza
That is true.
Posted by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
Deadly funny hahaha
Posted by Mirza 6 years ago
Mirza
TheReformedChristian:

Music: Christian Hip Hop. . .

Would he remain being a bad influence on kids if he sang Christian Hip Hop songs?
Posted by Mirza 6 years ago
Mirza
"Teenage boys across the nation who are in the same situation as JayBee aspire to be like him. If people have an aspiration to sing in a high-pitched feminine voice, having a model to look up to can only be a good thing."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
Posted by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
Dangit! I wish I could have this. ould play off of "Who is Justin BEIber."
The correct way of spelling is Bieber.
Posted by J.Kenyon 6 years ago
J.Kenyon
Is this the kind of person we want our children listening to??
Posted by Mirza 6 years ago
Mirza
1... 2... 3... and Mohammad got it!
Posted by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
I'm gonna be devil's advocate
Vote Placed by S98-SAMMAN 6 years ago
S98-SAMMAN
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied
Vote Placed by shadow835 6 years ago
shadow835
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied
Vote Placed by Vania.Ruiz 6 years ago
Vania.Ruiz
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied
Vote Placed by Evolution078 6 years ago
Evolution078
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied
Vote Placed by Sonofkong 6 years ago
Sonofkong
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied
Vote Placed by dudewth 6 years ago
dudewth
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied
Vote Placed by Shestakov 6 years ago
Shestakov
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied
Vote Placed by idkmybffbill 6 years ago
idkmybffbill
TheReformedChristianm93sammanTied