TheCon
WolfSpirit223

Why Medicare/Medicaid is unhealthy for America

TheCon has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

TheCon

Pro

Looking for a civil, clean political discourse over Medicare. Clearly stating all subjects are a two way street, no matter the stance both sides can be perceived as "correct". I will wait for a response to follow up with my endeavorly rejoinder.
WolfSpirit223

Con

First off, I'd like to start this debate off by defining both Medicare and Medicaid. They are actually two different things.

According to Medicareinteractive.org, Medicare and Medicaid are defined below.
- "Medicare: A federal program that provides health coverage if you are 65 or older or have a severe disability, no matter your income."
- "Medicaid: A state and federal program that provides health coverage if you have a very low income.
If you are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid (dual eligible), you can have both. Medicare and Medicaid will work together to provide you with very good health coverage."

If you would, could you elaborate on why you believe this is unhealthy for American? Medicare and Medicaid help provide health care for America's citizens. Medicaid allows you to receive health care if you have a low income, and cannot afford it. Medicare provides health care for anybody 65 or older. However, it doesn't state you can't receive it if your under 65 WITH A DISABILITY.
Posted by stova11 1 year ago
stova11
I'm confused by your title and description. I'm not sure if you're referring to Medicare or Medicaid or both. These are two completely programs.

I also see you plan to take the pro. So can I suggest you remove the word "why" from the challenge title?

If you're up for that, I'd take the position that __x__ program is not unhealthy for America.