eleifert2002
Just-Your-Average-Atheist

Why Perseus is a better hero than Theseus or Jason

eleifert2002

Pro

Perseus killed Medusa by cutting off her head and then he saved Andromeda from the Kraken by turning the monster into stone. Isn't that more hero like than Jason, who killed the Minotaur while he was SLEEPING?!
Just-Your-Average-Atheist

Con

First off, I would like to proclaim my acceptance of this debate. Second, I must point out pro made a resolution that seems to be different than what he's debating. I like you. Please be more cautious in naming these things to avoid trolls.

Jason

I will be arguing based on Jason's travels and survival.

First off, the isle of Lemnos was inhabited by feminists(huehuehue) who killed their husbands and neglected the worship of Aphrodite. So, what did Jason and his crew(excluding Heracles) do about them? They banged them and created a new race. They also escaped with their lives. That's right! Jason and his crew managed to appease and sleep with dangerous heretics!

Cyzicus

Heracles annihilates giants. And then everything goes downhill. But, remember, Jason is in command of Heracles. So there must be a god given trait for leadership within him to mess up a good bit and still not be mutinied!

Phineas and the harpies

So, Zeus was mad at a king and sent harpies to steal the food of this king every day. Jason, feeling sympathy, kills these harpies and lets the king live in peace. Quite a philanthropist, eh?

The clashing rocks

Jason, with his god imbued knowledge sends a dove into these rocks to see if it can survive, and it does, losing a few tail feathers, so they go through the rocks with only minor damage sustained. From then on, the clashing rocks were together to allow passage for any traveler.

I will post more of this story in r2
eleifert2002

Pro

eleifert2002 forfeited this round.
Just-Your-Average-Atheist

Con

Since my opponent forfeited, I find it unfair to post more stories. I hope my opponent is here for the next round.
eleifert2002

Pro

eleifert2002 forfeited this round.
Just-Your-Average-Atheist

Con

Just-Your-Average-Atheist forfeited this round.
Posted by Bannanawamajama 3 years ago
Bannanawamajama
I think what he was referring to was that Theseus charged the minotaur in its sleep and broke off its horn, instead of facing it alert from the start
Posted by The_Scapegoat_bleats 3 years ago
The_Scapegoat_bleats
What?
Perseus only in the stupid Hollywood movies killed a "Kraken".
Perseus in the legend killed the sea monster Cetus ("Giant fish"), which was an aquatic deity, so far more than a measly Kraken.

Nobody killed the Minotaur in his sleep. Theseus defeated him in battle with a sword. http://en.wikipedia.org...

Do at least SOME research.
Posted by Bannanawamajama 3 years ago
Bannanawamajama
I thought Theseus was the one who killed the minotaur. Jason actually did some pretty impressive stuff, had lots of adventures and what not.
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
lol yeah....and Odysseus is far more mature, smart and experienced than them as well.
Posted by LittleBallofHATE 3 years ago
LittleBallofHATE
I think Odysseus is better than any of them.