cmccal8866
William.Burnham

Why Rock/Metal is superior to Rap/Pop

Started: 4/27/2013 Category: Arts

cmccal8866

Pro

I think that Rock is superior to rap or pop in that rap is just the same repetitive beat with someone like little wayne who raps about things like drugs and sex all the time. Rock and metal talk about politics, religion, times in history Ex. Iron Maiden Slipknot, Queensryche.
William.Burnham

Con

I accept my opponent's debate. I'll keep this round short to be fair. I believe that all categories of music are inherently equal to one another, and that only individual songs can accurately be compared compared. I believe that rap and pop often convey as many important political and religious messages as any other brand of music, including rock and metal.
cmccal8866

Pro

cmccal8866 forfeited this round.
William.Burnham

Con

William.Burnham forfeited this round.
cmccal8866

Pro

cmccal8866 forfeited this round.
William.Burnham

Con

Meh, I'll rant alittle bit.

Saying that a certain brand of music is inherently violent is like saying that certain ethnic groups are criminals, it's total garbage. Rock/Metal concerts are just as violent as Rap, if not even more so. Ever here of a mosh pit? A common event at a rock concert where the participants engage in a horrific orgy of chaos and violence that typically leave participants badly injured. Also, the belief that sex and drug are absent from Rock is toally false. Anyone care to tell me what Kurt Cobain, Nikki Sixx or Ozzy Osborne did for fun back in the day? I'll give you a hint, it comes from Columbia and rhymes with "coat hang". Just the other day I read an article online about how a metal band member was caught trying to hire a hitman to murder his wife:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com...

There are instances of behavior like this all over the music industry. Everything from Rap, Country, Pop, Rock, Alternative, and Power Metal are rife with drugs and violence. It's just how those worlds work when you're rich, famous and being chased by groupies non stop. Is it a good thing? Probably not. Yet we still listen to music, whatever brand in particular happens to suit us, because it enriches our lives immensely. I personally can't even think of what my life would be if I couldn't blast Disturbed or some good old Hans Zimmerman on my Ipod. Thanks for your time ladies and gentlemen, sorry I didn't post the last round, finals week was CRAZY. Vote Con.
Posted by William.Burnham 3 years ago
William.Burnham
Damnit, forgot to post, finals week keeping me pretty busy... We'll see if pro posts again. I'll be posting my argument in round 3.