Why all children should be rewarded candy when good work is achieved.

I have made a speech on why Children should be rewarded candy if we have finished our work and done a good job of it. I have three main reasons on why we should be rewarded candy.
#1- Motivation
#2- Happy Children
#3- Why it backs up learning

If children get rewarded candy for doing a good job in their work they will be motivated to do a good job so children would get better grades and both teachers and parents will be happy that they are trying hard in their work.

Happy Children
If children are getting rewarded candy for all the good work they do they would be pleased with themselves that they are doing a good job because candy is a loved treat for children so if they get rewarded candy at the end of the day for doing a good job in their work they will be happy in two ways. One way is that they get candy, and second because they are doing a good job and getting better grades.

Why it backs up learning
Getting able to do a good job with work because they getting rewarded for children"s good work encourages more people to learn more in their work and getting better grades. It even has effect on the teachers because if your whole class isn"t trying then their grades aren"t good which the ministry of education might look at the grades of the children in the teacher"s class and might think that the teachers aren"t doing a very good job of teaching and the teachers achievements might go down so it has a good effect on everyone.

I hope that you can all see my point on why that should happen because I see it as a valid point.

Thank-you for listening to my speech and found something interesting and good out of it.

Thank you to my opponent for beginning this debate.

Obesity in children is currently a major crisis in the United States. 1/3 of all children were obese in 2008. Obesity increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, bone and joint problems and some psychological problems (1).

Giving daily amounts of candy as my opponent proposes would cause more children to become obese and lead to further health risks as listed above. Furthermore, sugar from candy is harmful to the teeth and increases the risk of cavities.

It would be better to reinforce children's good behavior and achievement through more positive means that they enjoy, but that do not carry the harmful effects I have shown to occur from candy.

I look forward to my opponent's arguments.

brookeification forfeited this round.

Healthy lifestyle habits, including healthy eating and physical activity, can lower the risk of becoming obese and developing related diseases.6

• The dietary and physical activity behaviors of children and adolescents are influenced by many sectors of society, including families, communities, schools, child care settings, medical care providers, faith-based institutions, government agencies, the media, and the food and beverage industries and entertainment industries.

• Schools play a particularly critical role by establishing a safe and supportive environment with policies and practices that support healthy behaviors. Schools also provide opportunities for students to learn about and practice healthy eating and physical activity behaviors. (1)

The above information rom the Center for Disease Control demonstrates that eating candy is detrimental to children. Thank you for reading this debate.

Posted by brookeification 4 years ago
Obesity isn't a problem in New Zealand and you are not get rewarded candy at the end of the day at the end of the week and 8/10 people have candy every day and don't get any diseases so I think it is fear to say that Candy isn't a problem and not all candy is loaded up with sugar so I think that is totally safe to be able to have it even if it is only 1 tnt who cares because it could only be 2 inches and you need a little bit of bad sugar in your body otherwise if you have real bad sugar not from candy in your body if you had no candy then the part of your body that gets rid of bad sugar won't know how to work and you can get really sick so it is ok to have some bad sugar in your body.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: