Colin_Conway
Joss_Whedon

Why am I the best jazz guitar player in the world?

Joss_Whedon
Started: 3/11/2015 Category: Arts

Colin_Conway

Pro

I have been playing guitars for many years, and it has always been easy. My friend are so jealous of my skills, and I am already giging around my city. My soloes are the reason people cry at night, and why I am so good. Anyone who doesn't think I'm the best guitar player clearly has never heard true skill play in front of them.
Joss_Whedon

Con

Why do you think you're the best? Even the phrase, "The Best" is just an opinion, and claiming that anyone who disagrees has never seen true skill in narcissism, a thing I am seeing more and more.
Colin_Conway

Pro

Hiding behind words like narcissist is simply a desperate display of attention that you require to show your superiority. The best may be an opinion, but you speak with such malicious intent that I do not understand why you would be so opposed to such a delightful argument. I stand behind my statement with the proof it requires while you cower behind your closed mind.
Joss_Whedon

Con

I will instead use the word conceit instead of narcissism, it is not as strong, nor is this belief that you are the best. I apologize that my argument was a bit rude, and concede that you are probably quite good at jazz guitar, but not the best (most likely) because there is no way of knowing who is, because even judges at competitions only voice their opinion. If you said you were the best at something more measurable, then I may believe you more.
Colin_Conway

Pro

Although I will say that in some ways you are correct that many adjudicators will simply voice their opinions Mr. Wheldon, however there are a few cases where a certain musician is widely accepted as being the best i.e. Art Tatum on the piano. If you have never heard me play, then you have no foot to stand on other than what you think. Please refrain from speaking in this tone and form of argument, because simply voicing your opinion will have no use in this argument. All I was looking for was a debate where everyone was accepting whereas I got a kid that does not understand the ways of jazz.
Joss_Whedon

Con

Well, now we've both insulted each other, send me a link to you playing on my dashboard, then I may agree with you.
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
@Provideoman123,

Ok, so you know music theory, well done. What key is most preferred among jazz musicians?
Posted by provideoman123 2 years ago
provideoman123
Mr. Really,

The chords I love using are maj 7, min 7, and dominant 7 chords. Adding the 9th helps as well.

If that answers your question.
Posted by DJ26 2 years ago
DJ26
Modest much...
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
Since neither @Colin_Conway or his troll accomplice whom I have reported numerous times have not posted any rebuttal comments I take it us anti-trolls have prevailed. Congratulations, users @ClashnBoom and @Joss_Whedon users like us are keeping this website free of trolls.
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
@Colin_Conway,

If you are such an aesthetic jazz guitarist then what chords are employed to play jazz, is it a) major 7th chords OR b) minor 3rd chords OR c) augmented 4th chords?
Posted by ClashnBoom 2 years ago
ClashnBoom
Hey @Provideoman I have a question for you why did @Colin_Conway deactivated his account?
Posted by Joss_Whedon 2 years ago
Joss_Whedon
Not related, you both tell pointless stories, but still enjoyable.
Posted by Colin_Conway 2 years ago
Colin_Conway
Let me tell you another story. I was burning more draps on a sunny afternoon by the beach. Ahh I can remember as it was yesterday! My dog ran up the beach and back to the water and swam around. He was so handsome. I can remember his fluffy tail as it swung around and those skinny legs, and a smile that could seduce anyone. My girlfriend tried to stop it, but she couldn't. I was too into the dog. I left my drap burning session and ran away to the space with my dog, where we now live, but now we live in toronto with my drap burning girlfriend.
Posted by Joss_Whedon 2 years ago
Joss_Whedon
Why is that related?
Posted by Colin_Conway 2 years ago
Colin_Conway
Mr. Wheldon,
You believe that you are trolling us, but let me tell you a story. Me and my girlfriend were sitting by a bonfire, burning draps like we always do, when suddenly, a troll came out with a very long rod. I thought I've seen him before, short and stout, but through closer examination, I came. It made a huge mess.
Vote Placed by ClashnBoom 2 years ago
ClashnBoom
Colin_ConwayJoss_WhedonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Trolling a troll debate.