WrittenExelence
Only-Human

Why are garbage bags still in use? I'm against Trash Bags, you are for keeping Trash Bags

Started: 5/3/2014 Category: Economics

WrittenExelence

Con

~Please only except if on the for trash bags to stay, and have a strong judgment to support it. This is my first created debate. I feel strongly among this topic and indulge in a superior opponent who clearly needs a dose of a reality check~

I feel as over time we have constantly used our proprietary form of garbage disposal; garbage bags. Now is time to revolutionize our former obsolete predecessor way of living. Garbage bags affect society as a whole, our planet/ecosystems, and our future negatively.
In the modern form of disposal usually; depending on where you live, trash is tarnished into bags, then packet tightly within a transfertruck; garbage truck, (http://bit.ly...) , to make room for more bags. Following that it's trucked to a transfer station (http://bit.ly...), a dump, or an incinerator. The processed trash that is un-recyclable tends to be buried at a dump and covered with dirt. Eventually, over generally long periods of time the trash decomposes but leaves behind one common thing. What would that be you ask?, a garbage bag. A typical garbage bag tends to decompose in 10-20 years in sunlight, but that is not the worst part. If you ponder, how much sunlight can a garbage bag can receive packed under a large mound of dirt in a landfill? Think about it "realistically" how can something ever decompose without being subject to air, or sunlight two of the most common ways to cause decay. If not for paraticism, and worms the trash we saw over 7 decades ago would be overflowing us.
This form of trash disposal is absolutely preposterous. As a race of humans together we must tarnish our past, and pave a brighter future. If not, our children will be posed with a life filled with questions without answers. We can make a change, now the door is open all we have to do is cross the fresh-hold.
In summation hopefully this debate has led not only influence members of the site, but lead on to a greater future. As a member of the 2000 generation I plead among this movement of the masses to come.
Only-Human

Pro

Ok mister millionaire, you gonna post your idea of how every single person in the country( 500 million) can buy a miniature incinerator in their backyard? Well are you? This whole thing seems pointless, you say that we should completely get rid of trash bags, and some people can't even afford a trash bag for Christ sake let alone a personal incinerator in their alleyway. So unless your gonna put in a few million dollars to buy people those things there's no true reason to get rid of trash bags.
WrittenExelence

Con

Well I would like to give you a thanks for stepping up to the threshold. As I feel strongly among this topic hopefully I can find some light within your reasoning.
I never intended on every person having a personal incinerator in their backyard. That idea is both ridiculous as not environmentally posotive. Items that are recyclable should be, and extra left over food components are proven to be a form of energy. In New York, U.S.A. I remember the Governor is implementing a new program to reduce the costs of energy consumption by providing every resident with a pod that food scraps would be placed in.
To sum up my idea I believe we need to have airproof garbage cans that can hold a generous amount and release no funmes. This would reduce our already overbearing amount of waste, and decrease the expenses to run a home yearly. In the average year the U.S. tends to use 80,000,000,000 Bags. If the U.S. alone eliminates their usage we can cut the mean approximately about 18%, or 6.56"10^10 over 8"10^10.
All I'm saying is all we need to do is decrease our main stress point. Plastic tends to be our main problem within the enviroment. If you have a broken pipe in your home and it keeps raising higher until it's overwhelming. What do you do? Are you going to keep raising the roof when it gets too congested or fix the problem itself.I leave you to ponder over that analogy and potentially view the reasoning behind my judment.
Only-Human

Pro

Only-Human forfeited this round.
WrittenExelence

Con

WrittenExelence forfeited this round.
WrittenExelence

Con

I recommend you post your argument accordingly and try to get your point across because there is only a small amount of people who favor your side with little to no supporting details.
I will forfeit this round to five you a little "catch back". As I did before but I seriously recommend a post soon.
Only-Human

Pro

Thanks

All I am saying is that until we find i more safe and useful way to get rid of trash without the use if trash bags that we should keep them for as long as anyone needs. Like a rich person might be able to afford a new Eco friendly garbage decomposing machine( or might as well make a hole in the hard and throw organic waste in there) , but a middle class person might not. So let the poor and middle class keep garbage bags and lets see what wi happen in the future, maybe everyone will have the same thing.
WrittenExelence

Con

WrittenExelence forfeited this round.
Posted by Only-Human 3 years ago
Only-Human
I lost my iPod for a few days and found it today my aplogizes