iamcoffee
CalebIMclean

'Why are most people not Christian?'

CalebIMclean has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

iamcoffee

Con

This is a revival of your old topic that you forfeited because the person you apposed you was Christian.
I'm non Christian and if you're willing I can take the opposition to your argument.
'Why are most people not Christian?'

I will be arguing against Christianity for all
You will be arguing why everybody should be Christian
CalebIMclean

Pro

I think most people are not Christian because the want to do what they want. Like cussing, getting drunk, killing people and that kind of stuff. They don't care who made them (Gave them the opportunity to have life). God put us on earth for a reason, and it is to get the stuff done that he wants done. Than if you do that, you will have eternity in heaven, instead of eternity in hell.
iamcoffee

Con

Cool, thanks for accepting your old debate topic.

I would agree with your first point, that all people aren't Christian because they want to do what they want. But assuming what they 'want' to do is 'cuss, drink, kill' and so on is a big assumption.

For example, what a lot of people 'want' is to be of a different religion. Most of the time religion isn't actually a choice, it all depends on where you are born and your upbringing.
What makes you sure that Christianity is the correct religion?
Do you think that people who follow Islam or Hinduism are following the wrong religion and will burn in hell?
If you were born in Indonesia with a Muslim upbringing that you would have the same opinion as you have now?

I feel you are also assuming that by not following Christianity a person would not be ethical or moral.
If everybody takes their shoes off at the door of a house before entering, a new coming would see all the shoes and also take their shoes off, this action wouldn't be because they know the house rules, it's because humans are inherently good natured and respectful.

There are millions of people of different religions and who have no religion at all, who are peaceful and live moral, ethical lives.
Christianity also has a lot of blood on it's hands throughout history so I don't think your point is valid.