bjm1382
Gao

Why are some things racist, depending on the color of your skin?

Con Tied Pro

bjm1382

Con

Growing up I have never found myself to be racist, so do not get me wrong on this I just want to know if anyone else feels this way and all of that. First why is it okay to have Black Miss USA, BET, The Negro College Fund, and Black History Month? If someone white has a Miss USA, or WET, or The White College Fund..it would be racists. And Black History Month, yeah I get that it is very important but one you only learn about Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, and Malcom X....Why can't we as students and Americans learn about them on a daily basis and why do we not learn about any other background. There is not Italian History Month. Second why is the correct term "African American", I do not call myself "European American." It is a continent not a background. I just think that it is wrong that some things can be racist based on the color of my skin; because you do not know how my family had to fight to be equal in America just like you. And besides if you want to be equal then why is it not alright for me a "white" person to have a college fun for the color of my skin?
Gao

Pro

You ask why the African American people seem to get away with racism while the white Amricans seem to be watched by everyone? whell it is simple. after the civil war they have been spoon fed whatever they eanted to shut up and they learned fast that whatever they wanted could be achived by caling another person a racist.
as to why they are called African Americans, they WANT to be seperatd from those who are just americans. this is sad but truth.
bjm1382

Con

Gao-first why would you accept this if we both are on the same side? The whole point is to DEBATE, I did not want to talk to someone who had the same opinion. If I did I would have joined a chat room, not a debate. So if anyone DISAGREES with me, please feel free I would love to DEBATE this.
Gao

Pro

William, who took the debate, didn't know how to express himself I am sorry and now end this debate, I'll not let this happen again. May the God watchover you.
bjm1382

Con

William- I do not know who you are trying to get an attitude with. If you did not understand what I am debating then that is partially my fault, but you still shouldn't have answered it in the "pro" unless you were for it..I just hope next time you go to debate you do it correctly so someone doesn't get extremely mad at your friend Gao
Gao

Pro

Gao forfeited this round.
Posted by bjm1382 9 years ago
bjm1382
Debate Princess- I never said I was italian so don't assume that, it was just one that I decided to use. Second I am actually native america, and to be more specific I am Seneca, so you want to say how some people deserve something well how about this one...

Construction of the dam forced the departure of Pennsylvania's last Native Americans, the Seneca, who now live near Salamanca, New York, on the northern shores of land flooded by the dam. A lawsuit against breaking the U.S. treaty which guaranteed perpetual Seneca ownership of the land had been argued by the Quakers but it lost in Federal court.

My family lost their homes, everything they had, some even lost their lives. Unlike you I actually know my family was there, and if it wouldn't have happened the way it did I might have got to meet them. So you don't see my complaining because there is on Native American Month when we were killed, moved from our homes, beat by white sailors, and had many things stolen from us.

And to go against your point about students don't learn about it thru the year, can you name more than 5 Native American tribes...if so can you name 10? I bet you can't off the top of your head.

I only wish you would have got this debate though because i have a heck of a lot more to say but I am running of of characters.

Oh by the way, just so you don't think I am some Native American and nothing else, my dad was from the south. And his adopted parents told him that he does have African American in his blood. But just because of the color of my skin you would have no idea, so this is not a racists rebate at all.

God Bless =]
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
Debate Princess- we have to celebrate your ancestors because yins bitch alot about human rights. you guys think yins can get everything because your ancestors were beat. Name one of your slaved ancetors. I bet you cant even name one. So how do you know you were related to one. Its like saying i'm related to christopher columbus.

"your ancestors were not stolen from their homelan to be slaves for 400 years"
hahhaah wanna bet?

well in the 1814 Andrew Jackson commanded that the US Military battle with the creek nation. Which lead up to the battle of Indian Removal Act 1830 which stated that " The Act established a process whereby the President could grant land west of the Mississippi River to Indian tribes that agreed to give up their homelands". After the presidency of Andrew Jackson the act was not still in play anymore. The 5 indian tribes that took up america, were no longer no more. By the 1840's there were only some seminole indians left. I, being part cherokee, they faced the trail of tears. Where majority of them died.

so to your little statement. Yah we all had "ancestors" get treated shitty. So your not the only fuckin one. We dont sit there and say oh yah well my aunt was beatin in the holocaust can we have money for college?
Posted by debate_princess_08 9 years ago
debate_princess_08
lol...i so wish i had got to this before Gao did.. iw ould have won..-bjm,first off,we have black history month because they dont teach what black ppl contributed throughout the school year.
second we have the united negro college fund, to help us out, because when it was started, white people did all that was in their power to stop black people from earning an education. and as for the italina history month, you can not sympahthise with a black person. your ancestors were not stolen from their homelan to be slaves for 400 years, and not even considered human, they were not medically experimented on, and were not tourtured day in and day out. okay? BET was the first tv station to come to our needs. white people had MTV,and VH1. they did not play R&B and hip hop and Rap untill the little kids in the suburbs who happen to be white, started listening to the hip hop and rap and r& b. and we have Miss black USA because only 2 black women have ever won, and you took one of their crowns away for the same thing a winner a few years ago did. so some say its racist, i say its the only way we can be equal.
Posted by Shorack 9 years ago
Shorack
Take a clearer subject title next time.
One that can be answered more easily with 'pro' or 'con'.

I believe it will reduce this type of accidents. ;)
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
kleptin-maybe they are split personalities!?
Posted by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
I have a sneaking suspicion that william and gao are indeed two different people.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
GAO-you need to tame your beast william. He needs to calm down with his little attitude.
Posted by Gao 9 years ago
Gao
once again I must ask forgivnes for william's stupidity. he'll not be back on my computer! forgive him and I.
Posted by Gao 9 years ago
Gao
HEY NEXT TIME CHOOSE A SIDE! DONT ASK WHY 'LESS YOU WANT AN ANSWER! TO DEBATE A SIMPLE ACCUSEATION WILL SUFFICE!
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
GAO-just forfeit you shouldnt have even accepted this debate. this was a total waste.
Vote Placed by Deku90 9 years ago
Deku90
bjm1382GaoTied
Vote Placed by bjm1382 9 years ago
bjm1382
bjm1382GaoTied
Vote Placed by Gao 9 years ago
Gao
bjm1382GaoTied
Vote Placed by bluemooncowza 9 years ago
bluemooncowza
bjm1382GaoTied
Vote Placed by goldspurs 9 years ago
goldspurs
bjm1382GaoTied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 9 years ago
liberalconservative
bjm1382GaoTied
Vote Placed by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
bjm1382GaoTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
bjm1382GaoTied