Alliebearrr
evakathryn

Why are teen moms hated on so much?

Alliebearrr

Pro

I'm 17 and pregnant with my first child. I hate the fact that I get judged and bashed for it. My parents treat me like a child and like I'm not capable of being a good mother because of my age. I have a job. I go to school. I'm buying half of my babies clothes. I'm taking care of all my responsibilities, like an adult. I have always been mature for my age so I don't feel like I have to grow up faster because I'm pregnant. I feel like a normal teenager. Having a baby is such a growing experience and it changes your whole outlook on life. Plus, my boyfriend has been way more supportive than my parents. I get that it is disappointing to find out that your teenage daughter is pregnant, but you shouldn't feel like you failed as a parent. It was my choice to have sex and I knew what I was doing so it has no bearings on my parents. It's not their responsibility.
evakathryn

Con

The reason teen mothers receive so much hate is due to the fact they are a young adolescent who is having a child and 9 out of 10 times the pregnancy is unplanned. How are you supposed to raise a baby if you're still a child yourself? There is no "right" age to have a child but I personally feel that should have at least a high school diploma, a source of income and a comfortable living environment for the child. Pregnancies that are unplanned tend to have a higher rate of defects because the mother herself is most likely uninformed of all the precautions and steps that need to be taken in order for the child to be healthy and happy.
Alliebearrr

Pro

Alliebearrr forfeited this round.
evakathryn

Con

evakathryn forfeited this round.
Alliebearrr

Pro

Alliebearrr forfeited this round.
evakathryn

Con

evakathryn forfeited this round.
Posted by NNEye 2 years ago
NNEye
I agree in that teen mothers should not experience hatred against them, but this is not really a debate.
Posted by Skeletonman1999 2 years ago
Skeletonman1999
I hear ya PRO. one of my best friends is pregnant and she gets looks that came from the depths of hell. her parents treat her like she made the worst mistake of her entire life and I don't feel she deserves that. I'm sorry about how ur being treated and wish I could do something about it. Best of luck. :)