batawang
DontArgueWithMe3333

Why aren't female super heros equally on hero teams?

DontArgueWithMe3333

batawang

Pro

I feel that women are more powerful in super hero teams and are always short numbered compared to male heros yet males still rein supreme even though women have the numbers and powers to take care of any job.
DontArgueWithMe3333

Con

Hello. I believe that there are several reasons that female superheroes are not created equal. First and foremost, the whole superhero idea was intended for boys, and therefore portrayed them as more powerful. I also believe that female superheroes should not be more powerful than males. I have looked at all of the stats of the female superheroes in marvel, and none are as powerful as men. The whole idea of superheroes is being macho and manly, and you cannot have a female be doing the same thing as it will not have the same effect. Historically, when man was in his early stages, there were two differences that carry into the topic of what we are debating today. Males were the hunters; better at solving problems, fitter, larger, and more aggressive while the females stayed behind and tended for the young, and foraged for food. This translates into the superhero world because children want action, violence, and physical prowess. This is something that females just cannot match. Also if you look back into history, men can also be more evil. Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, Stalin, Mussolini, etc. This is due to men's lust for power. If you look back into history again, you will notice since men are stronger and faster than females, they want to be the best of the men. For these reasons, female superheroes are not as strong as the males.
batawang

Pro

Scarlet Witch Rogue Jean Grey Emma Frost She-Hulk Diamond Lil Wonder Woman Angela from the spawn series and just so you know Hitler became Furious over Jews after his mother being a Jew caused him so much torment as a child that he grew up to hate you causing him to kill all the Jews is a cuz of his mother being Jewish and treating him the way she did so in that his mother had power over him meaning woman more powerful than that
DontArgueWithMe3333

Con

I agree that Scarlet is an exception, but in general men are more attractive to the reader because of their exaggerated reaction to everything. This gives that added appeal that many readers are looking for when they purchase a comic, and many times the females are unable to bring this. Female super villains are also far less popular because of their lack of aggression. A powerful executive and a giant of a man with violent tenancies are far more enticing to a reader than the female alternative. I stress on the physical, mental, and aggression differences in male. The exaggeration of male traits is what readers are looking for. In general however the men are far more powerful and they should remain so. As I said in my first post, these comics were mainly intended for young/teenager boys, and the power of men in these comics were a role model for them. Females should not be as powerful as the male characters in comics because their physical features are not attractive. I do not mean that they don't look good. When I say this I mean that people seeing a ripped and giant of a man looks better than a smaller woman. Now this is not to say that the mental powers of females should be any less than males. I believe that they should; but in respect to most others like fighting skill and strength, men should be superior.
batawang

Pro

I think you're misunderstanding I believe that there should be an equal amount of numbers of females on superhero teams not that they are treated equally we all know no matter how many times they are rear it until society as shown that women are superior to bed which big will never agree on it'll still show that women are fairly weaker than bit and their old talks but what I'm saying is why aren't there more women on the Super Hero cheats I believe that women superheroes are capable of getting far more tasks done whether it be fixing somebody into getting information or just simply being able to walk in somewhere without having an eye attached to them making them immediately known as a superhero women or more
DontArgueWithMe3333

Con

Ok. I think I see where you are coming from. Well, like I said in my previous arguments, the writers are just catering to the audience of whom is mostly male.
Posted by batawang 5 months ago
batawang
Yeah sorry about that my hands were busy with cleaning so I was using my voice to text
Posted by SecularMerlin 5 months ago
SecularMerlin
Batawang I am not arguing with your point but your typos are making my eyes cross. Your opponent would have to make some serious errors before I can award you the point for grammar.
Posted by Minddagger 5 months ago
Minddagger
ever heard of SJW marvel comics?
Posted by Masterful 5 months ago
Masterful
Comic companies will simply cater to their audience. This is nothing against women.
Although there are plenty of female super heroes that are more powerful than male super heroes. Jean Grey is the most powerful out of the X-men.

I don't know why everything has to be made about sexism, this has never crossed my mind as an issue. Sexism exists in the middle east as women get stoned to death for refusing to have sex with their husbands.
So please, let us not dilute the word.
Posted by SecularMerlin 5 months ago
SecularMerlin
Scarlett witch imparticular has reality warping powers practically unmatched in any comic universe except by cosmic level beings (eternity or malbolga for example)
Posted by SecularMerlin 5 months ago
SecularMerlin
I have posted this comment.
Vote Placed by Leaning 5 months ago
Leaning
batawangDontArgueWithMe3333Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Cons argument about comic writers writing to their base makes more sense than Pros argument that women should be equally represented on a super hero team due to them having the numbers and the powers. Spelling and grammar were understandable by both. No side used sources.