Gs325jcbd
MetaWarlord135

Why catholic is the wrong religion!!

MetaWarlord135

Gs325jcbd

Con

Catholics are disgusting. This religion is obviously the wrong religion. The Catholic Church promoted Gays which is against the bible. The bible clearly says at Leviticus 18:22 " You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of the gayness. Genesis 19:4-5 says " 4. Byt before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of sodom, compasses the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter. 5. And they called unto lot, and said unto him, where are the men which came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may " know them". ( know them refers to have intercourse with them). This city was gay just like the Catholics are now. They accept gays just like the cities. The cities were later destroyed. The catholic religion will also get destroyed in time. BUT, the Catholics malest children which is very disturbing. They claim to be worshipers of God but they do things that God detests. They should also allow marriage for the gay priests and nuns so they can stop touching little boys and girls.
MetaWarlord135

Pro

I think you are confused with other denominations, as the Catholic Church oppresses gays. Even then, being gay is not illegal (unless in marriage) or even immoral. Gays have every right to express themselves, unlike how many people treat them for being gay. Also, only a select few Catholic priests ever molested children. Even considering this, they were shamed by the actual Catholic Church (not the ones you made up in your head). Your argument, therefore, is a series of ignorant stereotypes. That is not how you structure an argument.

On a side note, Catholicism is not a religion by itself. It is a denomination of Christianity.
Gs325jcbd

Con

Gays are gay. Lol. The bible is against them and "some" catholic priests are for it. Sexually abusing children from a priest!!!! A priest is supposed an ordained minister of the Catholic , Orthodox, or Anglican Church having authority to perform certain rights and administer certain sacraments. How could people put trust in a piece of trash?? The priest is supposed to be the strongest member of the Catholic Church but they sexually abuse little kids. A religion of god is NOT supposed to do things like this, not even a few of them. Also, the Catholic Church believes in Heaven and hell. Heaven is already established as the place where Jesus and God live and the anointed ones, but hell as They, believe that it's where people burn in eternity. Deuteronomy 32:4 says " The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of One of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he." 1 John 4:8 says " whoever does not love has come to know God, because God is love." How could a God of love and justice put people to burn in eternal torment? Tell me? Huh? Also, the Catholics believe that Mary is the mother of God! are you serious ! You gotta kidding me . A human is the mother of God. Ok. Mary gave birth to Jesus Christ. Lastly, Catholics believe that Jesus died on a cross. Matthew 27:40 says " and saying:" you who would throw down the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! If you are a son of God, come down off the torture stake!" Matthew clearly said stake not cross. John 19:17 says " bearing the torture stake for himself, he went out to the so called skull place, which is called Gol'gotha in Hebrew." Did you see cross anywhere? Nope not in a million years. Acts 5:30 says" the God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake." God commanded the Isrealites not to use "the form of any symbol" in their worship, and Christians are likewise told to " flee from idolatry" The Catholics as well as other religions use the cross as a form of idolatry when clearly as life this is something God is against.
MetaWarlord135

Pro

I will have to point out again that just because a couple of Catholics molested children (even though this is entirely immoral) does not mean that you can judge all of them by a fraction of them and their actions (in the same way that all black people wouldn't considered evil just because some of them robbed a bank, for example). Also, you cannot blame Catholics solely for the worship of a symbol every other Christian worships. This means that you still haven't come up with an argument that is solely to do with Catholicism (you are arguing against this, not Christianity as a whole as you said yourself) or not based on ignorant stereotypes.

Also. when your opening statement in Round 2 is 'Gays are gay. Lol.', you know you've run out of ideas.
Gs325jcbd

Con

Gs325jcbd forfeited this round.
MetaWarlord135

Pro

Since you have not answered for this round, you have either given up or you were too busy to answer. I shall give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but I hope that this never happens again. Also, please say if you have given up or ran out of time.
Gs325jcbd

Con

Im backkkkkkkkkkk
MetaWarlord135

Pro

Thank you for coming back. I will let you make your final argument first.
Gs325jcbd

Con

Gs325jcbd forfeited this round.
MetaWarlord135

Pro

MetaWarlord135 forfeited this round.
Posted by MetaWarlord135 3 years ago
MetaWarlord135
I'm sorry about that. To make up for this, I shall not post a final round either. Now we are equal.
Posted by Gs325jcbd 3 years ago
Gs325jcbd
My computer won't send my final round
Posted by MetaWarlord135 3 years ago
MetaWarlord135
I completely agree with you there, penguindinosaur. I am not trying to argue that Catholicism is right, I just want to say that it is not entirely wrong. Same with you, ssingh0247.
Posted by penguindinosaur 3 years ago
penguindinosaur
There are so many religions in this world that to say one is "wrong" or "illogical" doesn't really sit well. We can't prove something is the "one true religion" so why have snarky debates like this where some individuals just want to be proven right? I think catholicism definitely has some flaws, but then again so do other religions: Catholic priests weren't the only religious figures who abused little children (Jewish priests and Buddhist monks have too) and Islam actively restricts the rights of women (though this may be due to the interpretation of humans). Even atheism leads to petty debates between people about who is right about the Ultimate Reality or lack of and what not. I think there are no wrong religions, having said this I do not think any of them are right either.
Posted by ssingh0247 3 years ago
ssingh0247
your really stupid to be hating another religion we are practically the same. we all know you live under a rock
Posted by LAQUAINE 3 years ago
LAQUAINE
Wow such a misinterpreted view of Catholicism... I like it.
Posted by Gs325jcbd 3 years ago
Gs325jcbd
Good luck MetaWarlord135. This is going to be very interesting!
Posted by MetaWarlord135 3 years ago
MetaWarlord135
Also, Gs325jcbd, please don't take any potentially harsh phrases I may use as I can be very competitive, especially in debates. Anyway, I hope this debate goes well and we both learn from it. Good luck.
Posted by MetaWarlord135 3 years ago
MetaWarlord135
Technically, he could be on the right side. He's arguing against Catholicism. Still, it is slightly ambiguous.
Posted by NiqashMotawadi3 3 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
Wrong position. You should be Pro.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
Gs325jcbdMetaWarlord135Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Sourcing was equal, in that there wasn't any. Conduct to Pro for Con's forfeits. S&G should hopefully be obvious. As to arguments: Pro demolished what assertions Con actually bothered to make. Con seemed to be mostly trolling. Arguments to Pro. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.