David121288
DonutQueen

Why children at school age should have phones

DonutQueen
Started: 4/29/2016 Category: Technology

David121288

Pro

I personally feel ALL school age children should have phones.
Ok, so you know if your a parent you want your children to be safe. Well imagine this, your son or daughter is getting out of basketball it's in a bad part of town. They see a creepy old man slowly walks towards them, the have no phone no way to contact you AND YOU ARE LATE. They ate scared and have no where to run or hide. You finally get there but him or her is gone. They were stolen never to be seen again, probably beaten and abused and maybe even sexually assaulted. You cry and cry, but because there gone you can't do anything about it. Sad right, with today's world, they need cell phones for there protection against creepy people like in the story. Please Vote for phones and decrease the rate of children being stolen each year!!!

Thank you for your time

-David
DonutQueen

Con

I except this debate.
David121288

Pro

David121288 forfeited this round.
DonutQueen

Con

I agree having cell phones can be helpful in the ways my opponent has described. However they have not given any evidence as to how every child would acquire the funds. I also relive that all children having cell phones could cause distractions and the children could be less likely to peruse academics because they had there heads in there phones.
Schools that ban students from carrying phones see a clear improvement in their test scores, according to a study by the London School of Economics.It found that following a ban on phone use, the schools' test scores improved by 6.4%. The impact on underachieving students was much more significant -- their average test scores rose by 14%.
Cell phones
I will now rebuttal against my opponents case.
The entirety of your case is saying that if in an uncomfortable situation your child would not have the ability to contact you. However after the child has "exited basketball practice" if they feel uncomfortable they could just walk back into the building and tell an adult. If your child is in a situation that he or she has NO adult around or nearby than that child should not be there in the first place. If you can name me a few places a child would be by themselves with NO adults around i will consider your case further.
David121288

Pro

David121288 forfeited this round.
DonutQueen

Con

Sadly my opponent has forfeited. I was looking forward to a fun debate. As I have nothing to counter please review my above statement. Vote con. Thank you.
David121288

Pro

David121288 forfeited this round.
DonutQueen

Con

Please vote con.
David121288

Pro

David121288 forfeited this round.
DonutQueen

Con

Sadly no debate has taken place. I believe I would win by default. Please vote con and have a wonderful day.
Posted by Zombie812 1 year ago
Zombie812
Phones shouldn't have video games on them at all.
Posted by llaurenthellama 1 year ago
llaurenthellama
I remember when I was about six, I would go to the mall with my mom, and every time we were there, there were always a couple of little kids, about my age then, with their face practically glued to their device. I believe that these kids will almost certainly become addicted, if they aren't already. They will never get a job because they are bent on getting the last level of "Plants Vs. Zombies mastered.

I got a phone when I turned twelve, and I must say that I am grateful that I never got a phone when I was five.

Another problem is that, even after you turn twelve, kids will be bound to look at you weird and never hang out with you again just because they think you are too spoiled. And I must warn you that phones release radiation, and who knows what that will do to the next generation, just because they kept their phone in their pocket.

This has happened before.

Thanks,
~LlaurenTheLlama
Posted by Zombie812 1 year ago
Zombie812
Children shouldn't have smartphones, they should have regular phones.
Posted by DonutQueen 1 year ago
DonutQueen
who do you agree with?
Posted by Zombie812 1 year ago
Zombie812
V completely agree!!
Posted by debatesEVOLVED 1 year ago
debatesEVOLVED
Yes,
I agree that every child should have a phone which only allows the child to stay in contact with his parents or someone in particular whom he has to keep updated. Other than that, a child does not actually need anything.

At some point of time a child might feel that he does t belong to the friend circle just because their friends have better phones and him having a Nokia phone with that SNAKES game! (you get the point!). But google it if you want. Did steve jobs have these luxuries? Did Bill Gates or Tim Cook or Susan or any of the high tech CEO's have phones?
This is what made them creative. The urge to do something and be something but as soon as a smartphone comes in the hand of a child. Their attitude changes mostly like this "Oh! This is the best thing I have ever got. Now I dont have to go out and play or sketch. I would rather sit back and play video games!"
Not only his health degrades but also his SKILLS.

That being said, child should be given phones, NOT SMARTPHONES!
Vote Placed by Reigon 1 year ago
Reigon
David121288DonutQueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF