mzoldos
SweetSweetNeck

Why do we live in a society full of zombies? Yes, I mean zombies. The "living dead"

Started: 10/25/2013 Category: Arts

mzoldos

Con

I have pondered about this question time and time again, but I just don't get what this society has developed into? If anyone noticed my profile picture it is of Sean Connery playing Allan Quatermain in The League of Extraordinary Gentleman. Sean Connery is one of my favorite actors, reason(s) being, (1). He has a beard and (2). He is a REAL man.

Now, if anyone is up to the challenge of trying to prove to me that there is nothing wrong with the world's population of people. I beg you, please step forward. I would love to hear your arguments.

Thanks You.
SweetSweetNeck

Pro

I think the fulcrum of this debate is how we will both define "nothing" in the statement nothing in the world. If you posing the argument that the world is not perfect in every conceivable way, that would be nearly an unarguable topic. I would however have a slant on that which would flip it like a good plot twist and leave you saying "oohhh, that's what happened. However, I don't think someone who respected Sean Connery for being such a good and bearded man would make such a statement. Surely you know that posing a topic to explain why anything isn't perfect would be a senseless debate, as nearly everything alive on earth, and everything made by anything that was alive could be in some way be found to be imperfect. You are imperfect, in which case your existence would be adding to the deficit you claim to be sickened by.

I'm assuming that the question that you are posing is, I believe that the world is gone bad given the deteriorated status of society today, prove to me that society and the world are not completely askew.

Is this a better rewording of your argument. If not, please rewrite and define your exact position?
mzoldos

Con

Yes, you're right. Your question is a better version of mine and is essentially what I am asking. Why has the world developed into zombies? That is my question to put it plainly. And to prove my point is a quote from Morrie Schwartz "So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things."

Does this answer your question?
SweetSweetNeck

Pro

SweetSweetNeck forfeited this round.
mzoldos

Con

You can't forfeit. That's just letting me win and that's no fun.
SweetSweetNeck

Pro

SweetSweetNeck forfeited this round.